So I found this BlackBerry GTD app called Viira a couple of weeks ago and ... 3rd Party BlackBerry Software forum
BlackBerry GTD app Viira: review
So I found this BlackBerry GTD app called Viira a couple of weeks ago and thought I'd follow pinstack's new user advice and write up a review since it looks like it is a new app and there isn't a whole lot on it out there.
For those new to Getting Things Done or GTD, its a well-known time management system invented by David Allen. More on it here.
So here it goes:
General impressions of Viira:
* easy to use, smooth navigation
* actually helped me get things done, unlike some of the other to-do apps that I tried in the past.
* handles both projects and contexts, so you can assign a task to project and a context.
* you can have day tasks and assign a task to a day. I found this useful because I can see all my appointments and tasks for any given day.
* looks nice on my Bold
* appointments are part of the system, you can add an appointment to a project or context just like a task.
* keyboard shortcuts were helpful, it made adding new tasks, projects etc. quick and easy.
Things that could be improved:
* it would be nice to sort tasks within projects alphabetically, especially for larger projects.
* tasks don't sync Outlook. I don't like using Outlook for tasks as I am on the go too much, but I know GTDers out there use their Outlook religiously.
* a special place for someday/maybes would be nice.
Overall I found it to be a very good and productive application. It comes with a free trial which you can use for 21 days with a limit of 5 projects and 5 contexts. The full version is just like the trial but with the limits lifted.
Hope you found this review helpful.
For implementing GTD you can use this web-based application:
You can use it to manage your goals, projects and tasks, set next actions and contexts, use checklists, schedules and a calendar.
A mobile version is available too.
Tags for this Thread