Hi - just got Blackberry Alerts app and cannot get the scheduler to work on ... 3rd Party BlackBerry Software forum

Gar-williams no está en línea Stack level 3

Blackberry Alerts Scheduling

Advertisement

Hi - just got Blackberry Alerts app and cannot get the scheduler to work on it; basically I get email alerts (flashing LED and vibe) whether I have a schedule in effect or not. I have unchecked the LED Always box and selected each of the various options about alerting (e.g. 'Alert During Interval' etc). I'm just trying to get it so that the LED light doesn't flash every time an email comes in and I've supposedly stopped work for the day / weekend.

Any ideas would be much appreciated

floridadomer no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    317ce3cd

Re: Blackberry Alerts Scheduling

What is the Blackberry Alerts app? Is it a 3rd party app?

Quote Originally Posted by floridadomer
    What is the Blackberry Alerts app? Is it a 3rd party app?
    Yes - got it through Handango. Allows you to set different colours of LED for different types of alert, as well as scheduling alerts, of course The LED colors thing is good, but the scheduling.... but that's probably just me!

Michaels no está en línea Stack level 1
    PIN/ID
    2429E006

under set schedule did you turn off the alert always for weekday and weekend,also under options turn off program controls led,also under profiles under bbalerts turn off repeat notification for each one. my 8700c works great my wifes 7130 works great on my daug pearl i had to pull battery and it worked

Thanks Michaels. Tried all this and still get the alerts. One thing I did notice was that the BB Alerts stopped OK, but the standard Pearl alert happened instead (I'd set the BB Alerts for a different color and longer LED flash time).

Michaels no está en línea Stack level 1
    PIN/ID
    2429E006

On her 8100(cingular)i have the(under profiles) the alerts set as:
    phone (same ringtone for phone & bb alert) and no repeat notification under bbalerts and under phone i have repeat notification to led flashing and under bbalert options i have program in control of led. i have different colors for bbalerts for phone , email.. and when i get a email the colors are what i have set in bbalerts and the phone led colors only take over when i have no alerts and have clear the alerts or read the email. Under profiles bbalerts i have number of beeps set to 3 and under phone or emails set to 1. And somehow it all works! On the 8700 sometimes when i turn on my bluetooth headset and i havent read the email or clear the alerts, my blue light telling me im connected will flash red. Under assign color of bbalerts you can set led flash times,mine are set at .05

Michaels - many thanks for this and appreciate it! I hadn't realised that the regular alert settings are independent of BB Alerts, so having set up BB Alerts, I found it hadn't overridden the regular settings. Now got it cracked (I think!) - many thanks again

barbuser no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    Pin Me

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~anyone have the ota link?

peterme no está en línea Stack level 3

http://74.119.5.86:8080/BlackBerryAlerts.jad

But this OTA download link does not work late at night, etc.

nick1000rr no está en línea Stack level 1

can you get the software elsewhere than handango?

butterfly2 no está en línea Stack level 5
    PIN/ID
    7FFBC4F3

Ok who has the scoop on the pearl alert? I m trying but it dont work on my pearl getting ready to do a batt pull? Now there is blackberry alerts and pearl alerts by the same developer....I m trying the pearl alert, but no luck so far the icon is on my bb screen but when i try to open/select it nothing happens!
    Last edited by butterfly2; 09-21-2007 at 11:00 PM.
    A woman's heart should be so hidden in Christ that a man should have to seek Him first to find her.
    Maya Angelou

soctechnologist no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    Ask

I had that problem the first time I tried blackberry alerts. I had to uninstall and reinstall and it fixed the problem for me. May be worth a try if the battery pull doesn't solve it.

Klotar no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    207BADEB

My pearl buddies (all two of them) use 1.49 rather than the pearl-specific 1.50. I'm sure there is/was a reason for the pearl-specific version but I cannot recall the reason offhand.
    -Klotar
    Supervising Manager of the Department of Redundancy Department.

jalm1 no está en línea Stack level 2

Can anyone comment after having used perl alets (or the BBalert) if there is a setting or if it automaticitly will stop flashing the LED once you have "viewed" the message list for new messages?
    ie, when you get new messages you get that red * over the message account, once you go to the message list and see the messages that red * goes away regardless of if you have viewed a message or not. i find it really a pain to have to open a message to then make it unopened just to get the led to stop flashing.

cupiecat no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    245061B0

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~ Hello everyone, I also have BB Alert. My bb is a curve and my question may sound strange. I know the programs has a help section. Very tiny but it does have one. My question is... With all the threads that are devoted to this program, does anyone know if there is a users manuel that we can download somewhere that would give us the info we need? I have a lot of questions and it's tiresome to use the old try and fail method for so long.