So i had BB alerts on my pearl and just got a curve. I bought ... 3rd Party BlackBerry Software forum

Gumby no está en línea Stack level 2

Blackberry alerts question

Advertisement

So i had BB alerts on my pearl and just got a curve. I bought BB alerts for the curve and set it up the way (or so i thought) the way it was on my pearl. Everything seems to work good except when i recieve a pin it comes in as an E-mail and flashes the same color (green) as an e-mail even though it is a pin and the color for pins is selected different (blue). even my alert log says its an e-mail?? until i check the message and of course it says received using peer to peer. Any ideas? obviously it sees my pins as e-mails.

KalebsDad78 no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID
    Just Ask
    Just a shot in the dark here but was the person you setup in BB Messenger setup by email or by PIN? Does it do this for all BB Messenger messages or just a select person in your contacts list?
    New User? - Read the NEW USERS GUIDE

Gumby no está en línea Stack level 2
    It is only the pins (peer to peer) that comes in as an e-mail. The BB messenger works good as does my text messages, my missed calls and voice mail all have different colors and work perfect. I inquired to the place i ordered BB alerts from and they got in contact with the "creator" of BB alerts and i got a reply that it is a known flaw on the 8330 curve and they are trying to find a fix. It's not the end of the world but i was so used to just looking at my phone and knowing weather it was a pin, text, email etc. I will have to wait and see what they come up with.