I keep seeing posts for beta software with a 7 day expiration or activation then ... 3rd Party BlackBerry Software forum

mnemonic6611 no está en línea Stack level 1

Beta- check it out

Advertisement

I keep seeing posts for beta software with a 7 day expiration or activation then purchase to be made.
    Why are people trying any of these? Why give these companies any information?

What about the people with the bricked units during testing? Those people must have to pay more, right?
    I keep POSTING and people get sucked into this free testing for these companies...

I mean come on, there are rules to this kind of thing.
    They ask for testers.
    People throw the name in, knowing the software could screw up their unit.
    Testers submit ideas and known issues.
    Testers get the software or a discount for the time and effort.
    The company puts out good software.

Here these companies put it out and it's swallowed up and bamn... 7 days they ask for money on crap that isn't even rock solid...

Focus people--- focus...
    e

visionthing no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    ASK ME
    Thats what we do. We help each other. When fellow stackers have a problem installing a new app or os, we help them without asking for anything in return. Guys like DJ.... put out great themes for free. we are a special community.

gixxerjoe no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    ask me
    Hmmm.... Well I kind of see your point about charging for a app that is bad enough to brick your device. But when you say “here these companies put it out and it's swallowed up and bamn... 7 days they ask for money on crap that isn't even rock solid...” Do you mean here on pinstack? Becouse I have found a lot of great stuff here. I like the fact if the dev is going to charge for a app then they have a trial. Most of the time if it is a beta app and it they want to charge for it is pretty stable. And upgrades are usualy free. So that don't bother me too much. Now if it is to buggy I just delete it. And will not buy it. Another thing you can do if you don't want to risk bricking your device. Don't be the first one to try it. Wait for someone else to take the plunge and post back if they have any problems this is the internet some one is bound to be the ginny pig. And last make sure your trying a app from developers that know what they are doing. Hang around for a while and you can figure out who is putting out good stuff. Just my 2 cents ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

moderncowboy no está en línea Stack Moderator
    PIN/ID
    AskMe
    Well stated Joe!!

dallas1125 no está en línea Stack level 5
    PIN/ID
    2576E92F
    ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~
    I think he is referring to Peek A Who. They are doing that. I have mixed feelings that ill keep to myself on this.

gixxerjoe no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    ask me
    I haven't tried that app yet. I use areis alerts it works great. ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

hayden no está en línea Stack Mod
    PIN/ID
    ask
    OP, thanks for your feedback and welcome to posting here on pinstack for the first. Glad to see you've been lurking for ages.

Each developer sets their own terms as far as beta testing. PinStack cannot control if and at what stage they charge for their Apps as obviously we are only an online service. This is one of 100's of Beta's that been tested on PinStack and to my knowledge the others beta's are free until launch.

I'm sure this developer has their reasons behind this decision. However, if you find it a problem then it's your free choice to decide not to download. Moving forward we will post a note on this app's Beta threads that its a 7 day free trial.

Please contact the developer if you'd like to know their reasoning behind the trial. We can only continue to speculate here.

Thanks again for your feedback!