I'm looking for the best Mp3 player app to give me the most out of ... 3rd Party BlackBerry Software forum

SaintQ no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    31540b4a

Best Mp3 player?

Advertisement

I'm looking for the best Mp3 player app to give me the most out of my music on my pearl and curve. I'm currently using flipside beta it ok but it restarts everytime I get a message. What do yall think?

bluefairy1971 no está en línea Stack level 3
    hmm.. i would like to know as well. i have a curve.

lucky13mt no está en línea Stack level 6
    PIN/ID
    N/A
    xPlayer all the way!!! lol.

www.x-berrysoft.com

From site:

Features
    • All audio and video formats supported: mp3, m4a, avi, mp4, 3gp, wma, amr, mid, wav.
    • Video full screen playback. Watch full screen video on your BlackBerry screen.
    • Playlist management: Create, Edit and Save your own playlists. Add a single file or a whole folder to a playlist.
    • Advanced playlist sorting options: by title, by author or by path.
    • Playlist Shuffle Player can play your songs in random order if you do not want to know what file is coming next.
    • Use different themes to change the look of xPlayer.
    • Background mode.
    • Long battery life.

Compatible devices:
    Pearl 8100/8110/8120, Curve 8300/8310/8320/8330, 8800/8820/8830 (all 4.2 OS devices)
    Last edited by lucky13mt; 04-11-2008 at 10:48 AM.
    BlackBerry Rocks!<-Check it out!

crashcomedian no está en línea Stack level 1
    4.5 os media player

CybaCowboy no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    21445DCA
    I'm trying out FlipSide at the moment and from what I've seen so far, I'm pretty impressed...

Initially I had a few hick-ups with it freezing when the firewall's permission dialog box came up more than once (which it did for EVERY track), but I worked around that by just giving it (FlipSide) full file access, rather than limiting it so specific folders.

When I tried to download album artwork with the firewall enabled, I was told FlipSide was denied a connetion because it tried to open a connection inside AND outside my firewall at the same time, which is "not allowed by my IT policy" - as soon as I disabled my firewall, this disappeared and I was able to download album artwork using my default BlackBerry access point... But I can live with turning my firewall off for these brief moments...

Quote Originally Posted by SaintQ View Post
    I'm currently using flipside beta it ok but it restarts everytime I get a message.
    Just tested this on my BlackBerry 8800 (running BlackBerry OS 4.2.1.68) twice - once with FlipSide in the foreground (active), and once with FlipSide in the background (hidden)...

Didn't have any problems at all.

Quote Originally Posted by lucky13mt View Post
    xPlayer all the way!!! lol.
    I briefly tried xPlayer, though I found it confusing and difficult to use...

Aside from that, it's just plain ugly, in my opinion!

Furthermore, xPlayer didn't appear to support album artwork which, whilst not a cruial feature on a digital audio player, is a great feature to have IMHO...

To me, album artwork is like the free built-in DVD player in a new car one might buy - you don't NEED it, but it's nice to have.

Quote Originally Posted by crashcomedian View Post
    4.5 os media player
    As I understand it, the media player in BlackBerry OS 4.5 doesn't really do anything it doesn't already do in BlackBerry OS 4.2.2...

If I remember correctly, the only real difference is that it now supports streaming video and has had minor cosmetic changes.

In closing, FlipSide gets my vote - it's not perfect (there's no equalizer for a start), but it offers shuffle (for BlackBerry devices that don't already have this), it's easy to use, it looks pretty and one can "flip" through even the largest digital audio collections quickly and easily!

For fans of the Apple iPhone, FlipSide will also fit-in nicely with one of those iPhone-inspired BlackBerry OS themes too...

~via my BlackBerry 8800 (wap.pinstack.com)~

SaintQ no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    31540b4a
    I agree with you 100% as soon as the full verison of flipside comes out I will have to either buy it or find some one that has it cause I like the ease of flipside vs the confusion of xPlayer. (every time the messages tone hits it restarts the song i was listening to) I just hope that flipside takes the idea and acutally apply them to their app. If they do flipside hands down is the better player. I guess I answered my own question, LOL

lucky13mt no está en línea Stack level 6
    PIN/ID
    N/A
    i dont see how xPlayer is confusing. its very simple and easy to use if youre decent with technology. i dont need to be staring at my phone at the album art because i do things while i listen to music, like exercising for example.
    BlackBerry Rocks!<-Check it out!

PIN/ID
    21445DCA
    as soon as the full verison of flipside comes out
    Um, the "full" version IS out, it's available for purchase from their Web site now...

The version number (1.09) would suggest that the copy I have is not a beta copy either.

PIN/ID
    21445DCA
    Um, the "full" version IS out, it's available for purchase from their Web site now...

The version number (1.09) would suggest that the copy I have is not a beta copy either.

PIN/ID
    21445DCA