View Poll Results: Which do you find to be the best 3rd party Visual VoiceMail Service?

Voters
102. Register free to vote on this poll
  • SimulSays

17 16.67%
  • YouMail

35 34.31%
  • GrandCentral

33 32.35%
  • CallWave

7 6.86%
  • Other (Specify in Thread)

10 9.80%
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Alright so I may have posted all of this already, but I think I might ... 3rd Party BlackBerry Software forum

skigsc10 no está en línea Stack level 1

Re: Best 3rd Party Visual Voicemail For Blackberry's....Vote Now.

Advertisement

Alright so I may have posted all of this already, but I think I might have cleared it so bear with me...

I have downloaded and installed Simulsays onto my Verizon Pearl, but it says there are no messages; when I have in fact left two test messages. How do I get the app up and running properly? I know that my device is not on the approved list from Simulsays, but someone on this thread seemed to think that it would work anyway.

Relevant info: My roommate and I have the BB v. IPhone debate regularly, and Visual voicemail is his silver bullet, one that I, until now, am unable to contend with. I have not told him about it, and next time it comes up, I want to be able to blow him out of the water! BB Supremacy will be mine!

Any and all help is appreciated. Thanks.

bonebox no está en línea Stack level 3

Quote Originally Posted by skigsc10 View Post
    Alright so I may have posted all of this already, but I think I might have cleared it so bear with me...

I have downloaded and installed Simulsays onto my Verizon Pearl, but it says there are no messages; when I have in fact left two test messages. How do I get the app up and running properly? I know that my device is not on the approved list from Simulsays, but someone on this thread seemed to think that it would work anyway.

Relevant info: My roommate and I have the BB v. IPhone debate regularly, and Visual voicemail is his silver bullet, one that I, until now, am unable to contend with. I have not told him about it, and next time it comes up, I want to be able to blow him out of the water! BB Supremacy will be mine!

Any and all help is appreciated. Thanks.
    Did you go into the SimulSays application settings on your phone and enter the email address and pin # you set up with them when you created your account?

yes I have entered my email address and pin # on my desktop and it is showing up on the app in my phone. Relevant info that may or may not be important: I have signed up for the free version without transcription and have not entered any of my credit card info.

any other suggestions?

So when you log in to the SimulScribe website, your messages do show up there?

No, none of the messages show up on the website or the app within my BB.

Ok, if they're not even showing up on the website then the problem isn't with the BlackBerry app. Did you follow the instructions they emailed you when you signed up to switch your phone's voicemail forwarding over to SimulScribe's vm system?

beeshabo no está en línea Stack level 6

Quote Originally Posted by teamjordan23 View Post
    Thats because you didn't set it up right. This is how I set mine up. I disabled text message when I get a voicemail instead I selected to get a email (make sure you choose text not HTML version for the email) with a wav file (BB cant play MP3 attachments). So the only attachment I get is not 5 but 1 .wav file with the voicemail. Oh and I dont get my voicemail in over 5 minutes at most it takes 1 minute. Before you knock the program set it up right.

I have it setup exactly the same way, except for the MP3 part...I'll change it to wav and see what happens!!

thanks dude!!

Well I fixed my settings, and I changed the audio file to .wav, and now I can play the message...but for some reason I'm still get 4 other image attachments along with the .wav file that are useless...and I don't know why!!

Quote Originally Posted by beeshabo View Post
    Well I fixed my settings, and I changed the audio file to .wav, and now I can play the message...but for some reason I'm still get 4 other image attachments along with the .wav file that are useless...and I don't know why!!
    Are you sure you have your Email Format set to "Text" under Email Settings?

No!!...I have it set up for HTML view because I have Empower, so text wouldn't be wise either way (thanks though)

I don't know why I'm getting 4 JPEG's along with the audio (.wav) file..??????
    I'm going to send myself another voice mail, and I'll attach the images I'm getting...gimme a minute

These are the images that I get along with the audio (.wav) file..........why????
    Attached Images Attached Images

tj2311111 Guest

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

You have to change the email format to text NOT html. I have empower pro too and it makes no difference. Just change the email format to text and you won't get those 4 pics in the attachment.

tj2311111 Guest

Btw I'm talking about changing the email format on the YouMail website. Not in empower EMV Pro. It has nothing to do with empower EMV pro.

Quote Originally Posted by beeshabo View Post
    No!!...I have it set up for HTML view because I have Empower, so text wouldn't be wise either way (thanks though)

I don't know why I'm getting 4 JPEG's along with the audio (.wav) file..??????
    I'm going to send myself another voice mail, and I'll attach the images I'm getting...gimme a minute
    Well if the image attachments are bugging you, I don't get why it would be a big deal to just switch the YouMail emails to Text. It's not like it will hurt anything...
    Last edited by bonebox; 02-12-2008 at 02:28 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by teamjordan23 View Post

Btw I'm talking about changing the email format on the YouMail website. Not in empower EMV Pro. It has nothing to do with empower EMV pro.
    Yeah, apparently I wasn't clear enough either

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast