View Poll Results: Which do you find to be the best 3rd party Visual VoiceMail Service?

Voters
102. Register free to vote on this poll
  • SimulSays

17 16.67%
  • YouMail

35 34.31%
  • GrandCentral

33 32.35%
  • CallWave

7 6.86%
  • Other (Specify in Thread)

10 9.80%
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

I would think it's worth noting that of the four services listed, only SimulSays and ... 3rd Party BlackBerry Software forum

bonebox no está en línea Stack level 3

Re: Best 3rd Party Visual Voicemail For Blackberry's....Vote Now.

Advertisement

I would think it's worth noting that of the four services listed, only SimulSays and GrandCentral have actual mobile visual voicemail that can be viewed directly from your BlackBerry. SimulSays has the slickest interface via a BlackBerry application; GrandCentral's is via a mobile web site. Also SimulSays is free unless you want the transcribing feature. That said, I like YouMail's service the best, and you can have the voicemail emailed to you as an mp3/wav if you don't like calling in.

CaCHooKa Man no está en línea Stack level 3

ive been using simulsays for months now. i dont use transcribing cause i think its unnecessary and im not gonna pay for anything. i also like the program made specifically for blackberries where i can choose which emails to listen to. with the recent updates to the program, its become even more integrated with the online mailbox. before when you deleted the voicemail from the program on the phone, it would still stay in the online mailbox. now it has an option to delete it from the handheld and mailbox. i tried youmail out for a week or so and the only thing that was nice about it was the custom greetings. it wouldve been better if they somehow had a way to import contacts so i wouldnt have to put each number in one by one.

LLceleb no está en línea Stack level 5
    PIN/ID

i use Simul both of them still tryin to figer out which is best i think the 1 with the app
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Tmobile
    BOLD

skigsc10 no está en línea Stack level 1

i have recently begun looking into visual voicemail. I think it is very cool and am leaning towards Simul mostly because of the fact that it has an application specific to blackberrys. A few questions I have are: Though my phone is not specifically listed, will it still work? Is it really free without transcription? Any help would be great.

Quote Originally Posted by skigsc10 View Post
    i have recently begun looking into visual voicemail. I think it is very cool and am leaning towards Simul mostly because of the fact that it has an application specific to blackberrys. A few questions I have are: Though my phone is not specifically listed, will it still work? Is it really free without transcription? Any help would be great.
    skigsc10,

Yes it will work on the Pearl, and yes, it is really free w/o transcription. The only drawback is voicemail messages are limited to 1 minute per message.

jthurs no está en línea Stack level 1

Quote Originally Posted by CaCHooKa Man View Post
    ive been using simulsays for months now. i dont use transcribing cause i think its unnecessary and im not gonna pay for anything. i also like the program made specifically for blackberries where i can choose which emails to listen to. with the recent updates to the program, its become even more integrated with the online mailbox. before when you deleted the voicemail from the program on the phone, it would still stay in the online mailbox. now it has an option to delete it from the handheld and mailbox. i tried youmail out for a week or so and the only thing that was nice about it was the custom greetings. it wouldve been better if they somehow had a way to import contacts so i wouldnt have to put each number in one by one.
    I looked at simulsays and it says it costs $4.99 per month without the transcription and it only has a 7-day free trial. Am I missing something?

Quote Originally Posted by jthurs View Post
    I looked at simulsays and it says it costs $4.99 per month without the transcription and it only has a 7-day free trial. Am I missing something?
    I just checked out their site and it certainly does appear they're charging now for even the basic SimulSays usage w/o transcription. That must have changed fairly recently.

/Goes to check that his is still working...

Well, it appears that accounts still work for people who signed up for the free SimulSays service before they started charging. There's a place in settings to enter credit card info and mine says "invalid" since I never entered any, but my service still works. I suspect it will eventually stop working though, at which time I'll just switch over to YouMail. Sorry, but the application isn't worth $5 a month.

beeshabo no está en línea Stack level 6

I just signed up for YouMail, but I tried a test call with a land line...and I get no YouMail greeting when I hit ignore on the call

and now when I try to check the site (youmail), there's a message that the site is down and to check back later!!

Not liking this so far...

LLceleb no está en línea Stack level 5
    PIN/ID

yea youmail i dont like it
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Tmobile
    BOLD

weaselonfire no está en línea Stack level 1

Any word on these working with Verizon? It looks like some people have had trouble with different service providers i just wanted to check.

Thanks for the help

Well I got most of it working...but now, I get the email like 5-6 minutes after the call, and I get like 5 attachments (one being the MP3 that I can't play for some reason)

Boooo.......

okay...I'm gonna have to cancel YouMail, I get an MP3...but for some reason, I can't play it....and along with the emails are like 5 images that are attached (that are absolutely useless)!!!

Boo to this!! looked kool, seemed kool....but I got the truth relatively quick!!!

thanks for the heads up...too bad its sux LOL
    Last edited by beeshabo; 02-11-2008 at 06:06 PM.

tj2311111 Guest

Quote Originally Posted by beeshabo View Post
    okay...I'm gonna have to cancel YouMail, I get an MP3...but for some reason, I can't play it....and along with the emails are like 5 images that are attached (that are absolutely useless)!!!

Boo to this!! looked kool, seemed kool....but I got the truth relatively quick!!!

thanks for the heads up...too bad its sux LOL

Thats because you didn't set it up right. This is how I set mine up. I disabled text message when I get a voicemail instead I selected to get a email (make sure you choose text not HTML version for the email) with a wav file (BB cant play MP3 attachments). So the only attachment I get is not 5 but 1 .wav file with the voicemail. Oh and I dont get my voicemail in over 5 minutes at most it takes 1 minute. Before you knock the program set it up right.
    Last edited by tj2311111; 02-11-2008 at 09:43 PM.

skigsc10 no está en línea Stack level 1

So I have downloaded and installed SimulSays on my Verizon Pearl, but all it does is say that there are no messages, when I know that there are two pending. How do I get this thing to work properly. I know that my device is not specifically listed on the Simulsays approved list, but someone on this thread seemed to think that it would work. Any suggestions?

For motivational purposes, I would like to tell you all that I have the IPhone v. BB debate on a very regular basis with my roommate, and visual voicemail is his silver bullet, one that I am unable to contend with. If I were to have VV, BB supremacy would be so obvious! (Though it already is to me)

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast