I've just installed BerryDialer from S4BB on my Pearl. It is supposed to make it ... 3rd Party BlackBerry Software forum

dpbaril no está en línea Stack level 1

Question BerryDialer Not Linking to Address Book

Advertisement

I've just installed BerryDialer from S4BB on my Pearl. It is supposed to make it easy to use long distance callling cards with the address book. I was able to enter my calling card, but when I go to my address book, the BerryDialer option is not displayed. I rebooted the device and still no joy. My ISP is Rogers in Canada and I'm using one of the default Themes called BB Dimension Today.

I obtained the software through mobilesoftmarket.com web site at a significant discount from the price offered on Handango and I'm starting to wonder if I've obtained a malicious or defective product.

Another minor glitch is that when I'm entering the card number - the card number field does not default to numeric, so I am forced to use the shift key to enter the number. Also, the "About" command in the menu doesn't provide much info, just the URL of the sales site. No version number or tech support info.

I've searched high and low the web and here on Pinstack. Seems that I might have fallen in to a black hole - not much out there except the sales sites. No help or documentation. I've emailed to the developer at the address given on the Handango web site. Perhaps I'll hear back from there.

If anybody has any ideas, I'd like to hear them - either how to solve the BerryDialer issue or whether there is another application out there that does what I want (i.e. make it easy to integrate calling card dialing requirements with the address book.)

Thanks,

David Baril
    Almonte, ON

dpbaril no está en línea Stack level 1

Thumbs up Re: BerryDialer Not Linking to Address Book

Problem solved!

I received an email back from the developer with the solution to the problem - do a hard reset.

-----Original Message-----
    mailto:support@s4bb.com]
    Sent: Thu 10 May 2007 9:15 PM
    To: David Baril
    Subject: Re: (Case 402) Problem with BerryDialer

Hello David,
    thanks for your mail.
    You have to perform a hard reset to make the menu items appear. This can be done through a key combination or by removing the battery (see PDF document).
    We will also try to integrate your suggestion on making the card number field numeric in an updated version and will tell you as soon as it is available. Thanks!
    MobileSoftMarket.com is our primary distribution partner and we offer our software at discounted prices through them. There is nothing wrong with it.
    --
    Best regards,
    S4BB Ltd.
    support@s4bb.com

funkym no está en línea Stack level 3

Re: BerryDialer Not Linking to Address Book

It works well on my Curve as well. Great program!