Page 8 of 23 FirstFirst ... 345678910111213 ... LastLast

The promo code was only sent to the winners of the contest. If you won ... 3rd Party BlackBerry Software forum

Advertisement

The promo code was only sent to the winners of the contest. If you won you should have gotten an email on how to download and the promo code. I'm sure the winners are not allowed to give away the promo code. But I could be wrong.
    ~via smartphone mobile.pinstack.com~

BlizzBerry no está en línea Stack level 1
    the half off one not the free gift.

Erievon no está en línea Awaiting email verification
    PIN/ID
    Ask
    Quote Originally Posted by luciferseamus View Post
    I'd have to agree.
    other then that I think everything seems to be running SMOOTHLY!!
    works REALLY well! any chance at more colors?
    (had to try)
    LOVE THE PROGRAM THANK YOU HAYDEN PS AND THANK YOU BELLSHARE!!
    I also agree, the only thing that would make this program perfect would be a custom LED for BBM!

reddrvgon no está en línea Stack level 8
    PIN/ID
    ask me
    I'd also love to see the alert continue till the actual item is opened, rather than the click of a button...

Erievon no está en línea Awaiting email verification
    PIN/ID
    Ask
    It works awesome for me as well. The only think I would like to see improved is the ability to set a color for BBM. It does have the option to set a color for PIN message, I was hoping this would cover BBM, but no.

MotoUp no está en línea BES Pro
    The 50% off promo code was announced in the PSCast Not sure if it's actually been posted or not...

tiascurve66 no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    4U2ASKME
    The only issue I am having right now is that it keeps blinking blue as if I have an email I did two battery pulls and it still flashing.
    BB Girls Rule !

We Don't Tolerate Scum

ice44 no está en línea Stack level 5
    I've noticed a pretty serious issue with this program from my Stand point. I rely on being able to send and received emails rather fast because it's my life line.

I noticed that after installing BerryBuzz and configuring it to assign different colors to different types of messages that it slowed down my incoming messages. Most noticible was my emails. Sometimes delaying them up 30 seconds.

now you say 30 seconds.....that not to long of a time to wait for an email.......but when you rely on your BB as much as I do and you get 300+ emails a day it really adds up in time waiting.

i tested this by turning the APP off and sending the same 10 email over and over again....without the APP running the email took an average of 3 seconds to get to my BB. With the APP running and sending the same 10 emails over and over the average time when from 3 seconds to 18 seconds.

Now I know there are alot of varibles to this equation like Network/Server responce time, Internet traffic, and Carrier data traffic. But I find it funny that I can turn the APP off and on at anytime of the day and get the same results.

I am assuming as your BB receives the signal from the tower the BerryBuzz program intercepts the transmission and looks to it's database configurtation running on your BB to determine the LED settings it needs to produce and then releases the data thus causing a delay.

Is it just me or has anyone else noticed this issue ? Maybe I am just being anal....but my BB is my work life line.
    The young man knows the rules, and the old man will enforce them!

reddrvgon no está en línea Stack level 8
    PIN/ID
    ask me
    From what I understand, there are basically listening ports that a software within the bb (like berrybuzz) listens to, to find out if something came in... One for an email, one for a call, one for sms etc...

So when an email comes in, the software responds as it should ( by changing the led in this case)...

This shouldn't affect the speed of your email coming into the device, BUT if your device has enough apps running etc, this can and most likely will affect how fast your device will be able to display the new email...

Hope that makes sense...

pfluger no está en línea Developer
    Quote Originally Posted by ice44 View Post
    (...)
    I noticed that after installing BerryBuzz and configuring it to assign different colors to different types of messages that it slowed down my incoming messages. Most noticible was my emails. Sometimes delaying them up 30 seconds.(...)
    We will investigate into this. Anyone else noticed this? Personally I did not notice this on my devices.

Did you turn off BerryBuzz by uninstalling it or simply setting it to "Off" in the options?

Simply setting it to "Off" will actually leave all the message handling code in place and will just not flash the LED, so it would be very strange if that changed anything with the delay.
    instango, BerryBuzz, BerryWeather, BerryPopup, SmartAlerts - Get our apps at m.bellshare.com
    Follow us on Twitter for updates, news and promotions @bellshare

pfluger no está en línea Developer
    Quote Originally Posted by reddrvgon View Post
    I'd also love to see the alert continue till the actual item is opened, rather than the click of a button...
    We are completely dependent on Blackberry notifying about all the events, and there sadly is no notification when a message has been opened. But if that is important to many users we will certainly try to find a workaround ;-)

On a side note. This is the reason why BerryBuzz does not offer BBM alerts. Blackberry does not provide any way of notifying BerryBuzz when a new BBM message comes in.
    instango, BerryBuzz, BerryWeather, BerryPopup, SmartAlerts - Get our apps at m.bellshare.com
    Follow us on Twitter for updates, news and promotions @bellshare

BkLady388 no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    Ask Me
    I did have some problems but then I realized that I had too many apps trying to do the same thing. So, I disabled my LED from my peekawho app and I also made sure all of my LED coverage was off in the profiles for each of the berrybuzz alerts. Also, I was using buzzme, which is a great app if you only want the vibrate while ringing function, so I deleted that. Didn't need it, berrybuzz has that covered! So cool! As with the other stackers, I would love to see more colors and I would also like to see the BBM update. Otherwise, I'm loving the app! Thanks again!

jfcooley no está en línea Stack Professional
    Question, simply because I can't test it due to circumstances, will buzzberry work with apps such as WeatherBug that puts an option for weather or other alerts in the profiles? If so how exactly do I set it?
    WB changes the icon color when ther is a weather alert as well as offering a tone etc in profiles.

azstar no está en línea PINStacked!
    pfluger, I tried the suggestions for getting the sms notifications to work with no luck.

ice44 no está en línea Stack level 5
    Turned off by setting the APP to NO in the enable BerryBuzz

The only other APP I have on my Bold is Google Maps which isn't running and my OS is .219.

Once i set BerryBuzz to NO in the enable field my emails flow normal, as soon as I turn it on i start experiencing delays.
    The young man knows the rules, and the old man will enforce them!

Page 8 of 23 FirstFirst ... 345678910111213 ... LastLast