Page 11 of 23 FirstFirst ... 678910111213141516 ... LastLast

Originally Posted by reddog187 So I've come to the conclusion it's NOT a carrier issue. ... 3rd Party BlackBerry Software forum

pfluger no está en línea Developer

Advertisement

Quote Originally Posted by reddog187 View Post
    So I've come to the conclusion it's NOT a carrier issue.

It seems to be conflicting with another 3rd party application. So now it's time to figure out which one.

EDIT: Who ever is having the SMS issue what third party applications do you have installed? Is one of them DexRex Extensions?
    It will usually be any application that listens for incoming SMS in any way (like other alert applications, threaded SMS, SMS archivers etc)

The problem on Blackberry is that only one application at a time is allowed to listen for incoming SMS.
    instango, BerryBuzz, BerryWeather, BerryPopup, SmartAlerts - Get our apps at m.bellshare.com
    Follow us on Twitter for updates, news and promotions @bellshare

reddog187 no está en línea Stack Moderator
    PIN/ID
    STACK
    Quote Originally Posted by pfluger View Post
    It will usually be any application that listens for incoming SMS in any way (like other alert applications, threaded SMS, SMS archivers etc)

The problem on Blackberry is that only one application at a time is allowed to listen for incoming SMS.
    Well I think that would nail it for me then. Dexrex is the archiving application. Oh well, at least I know what the issue is then.

eyecon82 no está en línea Stack level 3
    Quote Originally Posted by pfluger View Post

I do not have any other program that will listen for incoming SMS, the only thing I have is set repeat notifications on LED under profiles. I tried disabling it with battery pull and it still flashes only red

I had this same issue with Blackberry Alerts, hence the reason for trying your program

9of13 no está en línea Theme Pro
    PIN/ID
    ask me
    eyecon82, do you still have BB alerts installed?
    For my theme blog, remember....
    Resistance Is Futile

eyecon82 no está en línea Stack level 3
    Quote Originally Posted by 9of13 View Post
    eyecon82, do you still have BB alerts installed?
    Nope, I uninstalled it before installing this program

goldengirl75 no está en línea Stack level 5
    I fooled around with the settings and turned all LED notifications on except for SMS because I found that the regular phone indicator would not stay on otherwise. I still get the initial red flash before the programmed color comes on, but I'd rather have all my indicators coming on than not.

9of13 no está en línea Theme Pro
    PIN/ID
    ask me
    thats what happens on mine. a once blink of red and then the color kicks in. But i still cant figure out how i got my sms to work. i didnt use it the first two days then changed it to blue.
    For my theme blog, remember....
    Resistance Is Futile

syn92 no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    24ac9d95
    Quote Originally Posted by Erievon View Post
    It works awesome for me as well. The only think I would like to see improved is the ability to set a color for BBM. It does have the option to set a color for PIN message, I was hoping this would cover BBM, but no.
    yes...if anyone finds out how to make it cover BBM, then please post...that's the only thing missing...i'd rather have that than the PIN msgs....
    ~~~<3MKRS~~~

mrnrandazzo no está en línea Stack level 2
    I have fellen in love with this app. Being in Mortgage Banking, I am always in meetings, and I can now just glance at my led and know exactly what is comming in (emails, phone calls, sms, etc) I can't tell you all how many times I got caught out there with a ringing/vigrating phone during a meeting. People seem to frown upon that sort of thing. This app makes my life a lot easier. It is a must have! Thanks a million for the free gift hayden!!!

MR N
    ~via smartphone mobile.pinstack.com~

Morgase no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    ASKME4IT
    I guess the only solution so far is to keep your SMS reminders at red, that way when it flashes red, you know its because of a SMS, not because of anything else
    Mine is currently set to purple but I also had it set to that color while using PeekaWho. I haven't seen any problems yet. I'm gonna switch the colors up and see which one takes priority. Just gotta get a sms message..

The only problem I have with this app is remembering what color I put for each email and message. I'll need a cheatsheet.

I really would like to be able to adjust the LED for BB Messenger. That would be really nice.
    Last edited by Morgase; 03-04-2009 at 02:48 AM.
    Sometimes at night, the Moon howls and the Wolves listen.

~Morgase~
    Device Pro, Bellshare Moderator

For Bellshare support please go to:
    Bellshare Customer Service

pfluger no está en línea Developer
    We have an updated beta version available. Please let us know how this works on your Blackberries so we can release this as soon as possible.

You can download beta 1.0.21 at http://m.bellshare.com/downloads/beta/berrybuzz.jad

Simply install over your existing installation.

Changes since last release:

- Improved SMS support. Battery pull should no longer be necessary. Now will work with most other 3rd party applications (i.e. Aerize Alerts etc)
    - Added new color orange and bright orange. Changed some colors to look better. (This may reset some of the colors in your configuration, make sure you set them again)
    - LED will flash when you select a custom color to preview the color
    - A window comes up when you set a reminder alert to let you know how to change it to be audible
    instango, BerryBuzz, BerryWeather, BerryPopup, SmartAlerts - Get our apps at m.bellshare.com
    Follow us on Twitter for updates, news and promotions @bellshare

goldengirl75 no está en línea Stack level 5
    Sounds good....thank you!

azstar no está en línea PINStacked!
    Ok got the new version and tested the sms which previously did not work for me at all.

It flashed red twice first with the usual longer pause between blinks that the native notifications have, but then switched to the color and more rapid flash I set up in BerryBuzz. So a bit slow, but definitely progress

On a side note, your yellow flashes look green and the new orange is too yellow(a bit more red is needed in the mix there)

Anyone else but me want the schedule ability added? Or am I out of luck on that one
    ~via smartphone mobile.pinstack.com~

ssnxp no está en línea Device Pro
    Am I correct in thinking that the "Reminder Alert Every:" Option is supposed to play a notification sound/vibrate if you do not check the phone in the timeframe that you set? If so, it is not working..
    -Tim

visortgw no está en línea Stack level 3

Question

Quote Originally Posted by ssnxp View Post
    Am I correct in thinking that the "Reminder Alert Every:" Option is supposed to play a notification sound/vibrate if you do not check the phone in the timeframe that you set? If so, it is not working..
    Have you configured the associated Profile entry for the specific reminder for the active profile?

Page 11 of 23 FirstFirst ... 678910111213141516 ... LastLast