Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Ok.....update I contacted the developer and they sent me 2 different steps the last step ... 3rd Party BlackBerry Software forum

butterfly2 no está en línea Stack level 5
    PIN/ID
    7FFBC4F3

Re: Berry Locator released

Advertisement

Ok.....update I contacted the developer and they sent me 2 different steps the last step worked which is to allow permission:
    1. Go to Options\Security Options\Application Permissions\ on your BlackBerry.
    2. Highlight BerryLocator and select Edit Permissions from the menu.
    3. Configure the Security Permissions to "Allow" for all categories.
    4. Save the changes.
    5. Next please perform a battery pull out
    6. send another email to phone
    A woman's heart should be so hidden in Christ that a man should have to seek Him first to find her.
    Maya Angelou

beeshabo no está en línea Stack level 6

That's odd that some are having issues.....I just downloaded it and viola!! works perfect

mbranscum no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    2161A8BC

Just purchased...highly recommended!!!
    Follow me on Twitter

Cool Smartphone User Guy

exciter no está en línea Stack level 3

Works exactly as advertised! But almost worthless if your phone is locked with password. If it is, you get the sounds and the red/blue flashing led, but the instructions in the email for the person who finds it are not visible until you enter a password. You also will not receive the gps coordinates if locked. It would be nice if this program could override that. It would also be great if the volume was a bit louder. Other than that, it is well worth the money I spent.

d'blackberry no está en línea Stack level 1

Hey--b/c of what I do, my bb locks fairly fast or my IT guys freak out. My "lock screen" lists my work, husband and home numbers with a nice little note that says, if lost, return me...it's under options, then owner. It helps since mine tends to get left behind...

PIN/ID
    7FFBC4F3

Quote Originally Posted by exciter View Post
    Works exactly as advertised! But almost worthless if your phone is locked with password. If it is, you get the sounds and the red/blue flashing led, but the instructions in the email for the person who finds it are not visible until you enter a password. You also will not receive the gps coordinates if locked. It would be nice if this program could override that. It would also be great if the volume was a bit louder. Other than that, it is well worth the money I spent.
    LOL maybe they will put these features in when they do an update!!
    A woman's heart should be so hidden in Christ that a man should have to seek Him first to find her.
    Maya Angelou

I was told by their support that an update will be released very soon with a volume fix. They are "working closely with RIM" to get around the locked screen.

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

PIN/ID
    7FFBC4F3

Quote Originally Posted by exciter View Post
    I was told by their support that an update will be released very soon with a volume fix. They are "working closely with RIM" to get around the locked screen.

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~
    Nice!
    Maya Angelou

sy32478 no está en línea Stack level 2

Does the GPS have to be on / initialized or will the app take care of that?

beeshabo no está en línea Stack level 6

I'll definitely download the update.....the volume needs to be worked out, because the stock alert (from the app) isn't that Loud...
    Looking forward to it!! yeah

dres79 no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    24339b8e

i just bought it after trying the trial. i was able to get a return email with GPS location even though phone was locked.

Def need the message to appear when locked though. other than I hope I never have to use this!

Version 1.2.1 is out. They fixed the volume and allow you to choose from the RIM installed ringtones. I use Ringer_BBpro_3 and it plays it in a loop and loud. Also an option for alarm duration too.

LuckyLuke1 no está en línea Stack level 1
    I have emailed Mobireport several times and no one has bothered to reply....

All I want to know is - is the $6.95 charge for a year / life / month.... what ?

Hope someone with confirmed knowledge can answer please.... ideally from Mobireport !!

EDIT:- Exciter just PM'd me with a direct email address and I can confirm that it IS $6.95 one off payment.

Thanks Exciter ! I couldn't reply to you email to say thank you as I don't have enough posts.
    Last edited by LuckyLuke1; 11-25-2008 at 01:28 PM. Reason: Update

Quote Originally Posted by LuckyLuke1 View Post
    I have emailed Mobireport several times and no one has bothered to reply....

All I want to know is - is the $6.95 charge for a year / life / month.... what ?

Hope someone with confirmed knowledge can answer please.... ideally from Mobireport !!

EDIT:- Exciter just PM'd me with a direct email address and I can confirm that it IS $6.95 one off payment.

Thanks Exciter ! I couldn't reply to you email to say thank you as I don't have enough posts.
    You are very welcome LuckyLuke1.

I just noticed that version 1.4.1 is out. I don't notice any difference.

MikeSweetFan no está en línea Stack level 1
    I know this is old but I have purchased the 1.4.1 and It says it is supposed to vibrate (I can't get it to vibrate) The alert tone will not change nor will it let me test the sound when choosing a different sound. And the email body message never shows on the screen. I have followed the steps in here but still no luck. I have also contacted the developers @ info@mobireport.com like on the berry locator web page but no response. Any ideas?

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12