I was browsing my sports scores on espn.com and I came across this advertisement for ... 3rd Party BlackBerry Software forum

Cano no está en línea Stack level 3

berggi email and chat

Advertisement

I was browsing my sports scores on espn.com and I came across this advertisement for supposedly "the best email for blackberry pearl 8100" so I clicked it... It was this new hybrid of I guess free pop email, and html etc.' Free chat through google talk , yahoo, etc. Amongst other features. Now I ask...

Has anyone ever tried and heard of this product? It says its completely free... But I wanted to get everyones opinion here at Pinstack about the download and if it is actually really free... Any advice would be appreciated... Or guinea pigs... Hehe!

jgirly2 no está en línea Stack level 5
    PIN/ID
    Ask Me!

Re: berggi email and chat

I've never heard of that program, but I too am interested if it is FREE and uses data and NOT text.

I know eqo is free www.eqo.com

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

jrok14 no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    3179870B

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~i also saw this same thing on the mobile espn site today.. Figured eh. Ill give it a shot. Downloaded it... And it just sits at the screen where it wants me to pick new or existing user. I selected both.. And nothing... I will be uninstalling it in about 15 seconds

PIN/ID
    3179870B
    Quote Originally Posted by jgirly2
    I've never heard of that program, but I too am interested if it is FREE and uses data and NOT text.

I know eqo is free www.eqo.com

Is there a ota for eqo? I wouldn't mind trying it

PIN/ID
    Ask Me!

Just visit the link above, after signing up they will text u the link to DL

PIN/ID
    3179870B

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~i just don't have a comp right now... Only have the BB... Thus the ota

Any luck after the uninstall? In the mean time I'm going to try eqo.

PIN/ID
    Ask Me!

Quote Originally Posted by jrok14
    ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~i just don't have a comp right now... Only have the BB... Thus the ota
    Have you tried visiting the link I posted w/ your BB? If I'm not mistaken the 1st time I DL eqo, I used my BB.

Let me know

Quote Originally Posted by Cano
    Any luck after the uninstall? In the mean time I'm going to try eqo.
    Hey Cano you u liking eqo so far?
    Last edited by jgirly2; 08-13-2007 at 01:27 AM. Reason: Automerged.
    --------------------------------------------------------
    - j a n e l l
    Theirs more to life than cell phones...Theirs BLACKBERRY's

reddog187 no está en línea Stack Moderator
    PIN/ID
    STACK

I tested EQO for a little while...didn't really care for it. When I had the setting going over the TCP connection I couldn't recieve calls for some reason. Tried multiple times, but to no avail.

It could just be an isolated case though.

PIN/ID
    3179870B

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~the eqo link just sits on a page which is "running script" no dice

Fugubear no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    23D76CC1

According to their FAQ, it doesn't work with BlackBerry (you should see it "So-Called Smart Phones" hilarious) and even though they claim it's free, a part of the FAQ states that someone will call you regarding billing and payment options. WTF... I thought they just said it was FREE!! Liars... not sure what they're pitching here but they can keep me out of it. I would stear clear. There are plenty of options out there and personally I like sticking to my default BB email client...

berggi no está en línea Stack level 1

Hi,

I am a berggi employee. Our application does not work on most blackberry devices due to imcontabibility issues with the java vm that RIM install on those phones. sorry, the ad should not have appeared for your phone.

The berggi client is midp 1.0, and runs on most of the phones (including some pretty old and limited phones).

Additionally, some operators limit which applications can be installed on your cell. For instace, in USA verizon and t-mobile does not allow installing applications not verified by them (what is called 3rd party applications)

The client uses the GPRS data network to retrieve the email and IM. Hence even if the program is free, your operator may charge you for connecting to the net depending on your data plan.

We are planning to support the service in the future with advertisement, just like hotmail or any popular web client. right now, it is free of advertisement, but this may change in the future.

The application is given at no cost but there is an exception. In USA it is undecided if someday the service will be paid. If that happens, you will be given the option of either purchasing or cancel the service.

The company behind Berggi (that is called also berggi) is a startup company based in houston, texas. We have finished our second round of financing recently, so we are ready to keep the service free for a long time.

thanks,
    berggi

ya the advertisement was for the blackberry 8100 pearl lol u guys should get that fixed if it is not compatible. well if that is the case for eqo... ill pass then lol