Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Yesterday, BeeJive released Beta 1.1.2 that allegedly supports Facebook. I am trying to install now. ... 3rd Party BlackBerry Software forum

kyleresq no está en línea Stack level 3

Beejive releases beta that supports Facebook

Advertisement

Yesterday, BeeJive released Beta 1.1.2 that allegedly supports Facebook. I am trying to install now. This is from the BeeJive Official message boards:

We have added Facebook support for Beejive IM on BlackBerry. The build is a public beta and labelled 1.1.2. Please note that the Facebook support is on Beta. We currently support plain vanilla chat, multiple login sessions and display pictures. Folks who are interested to try it out can follow these links,

OS 4.6 with high resolution screen (8900 Curve, 9000 Bold)
    http://www.beejive.com/jt_beta/dev/1.1. ... _6-vga.jad

OS 4.6 (8220 Pearl Flip, 8350 Curve)
    http://www.beejive.com/jt_beta/dev/1.1. ... IM-4_6.jad

OS 4.3 to 4.5 (8100 to 8130 Pearl, 8300 to 8330 Curve, 8700 & 8800 Series)
    http://www.beejive.com/jt_beta/dev/1.1. ... -pearl.jad

OS 4.2.1 with WIFI (8100 to 8130 Pearl, 8300 to 8330 Curve, 8700 & 8800 Series)

OS 4.2.0 (8100 to 8130 Pearl, 8300 to 8350 Curve, 8700 & 8800 Series)

Got it installed without a problem but Facebook won't stay logged in. It logs in and then immediately logs out. Seems to be the same issue posted on the BeeJive and Crackberry Forums.

kkwus74 no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID
    320FB874
    Gonna try this out now
    ~via smartphone mobile.pinstack.com~

melissaox no está en línea Device Pro
    going to check it out now
    Success is not final, Failure is not fatal, it is the courage to continue that matters.
    My Blog , My Flickr

doesnt work for me, cant even open it.
    Success is not final, Failure is not fatal, it is the courage to continue that matters.
    My Blog , My Flickr

I got it to work now. Have to delete it first.

jblackfish no está en línea PINStacked!
    I downloaded it - executed it - logged in all my stuff. So what do I do now? I don't see any FB options.

UPDATE: It appears that I'm getting the response of a snail since executing this "little honey" too. I hope I can go back to 1.1.1 if I want to.....
    Last edited by jblackfish; 03-21-2009 at 01:41 PM.
    For every complex problem there is a solution, that is simple, neat, .....and wrong! (H. L. Mencken) jblackfish(at)pinstack(dot)com

li2327 no está en línea Stack level 5
    PIN/ID
    30D2E555
    It works fine for me. Including facebook!

calm_tiger no está en línea Stack level 5
    Quote Originally Posted by jblackfish View Post
    I downloaded it - executed it - logged in all my stuff. So what do I do now? I don't see any FB options.

UPDATE: It appears that I'm getting the response of a snail since executing this "little honey" too. I hope I can go back to 1.1.1 if I want to.....
    Same here...I see no fb options at all even after deleting my previous version of bj and then reinstalling the "update".

Quote Originally Posted by calm_tiger View Post
    Same here...I see no fb options at all even after deleting my previous version of bj and then reinstalling the "update".
    Shoot, I gave up looking, deleted and reinstalled 1.1.1 again. What's the big deal? I don't know why I bother with FB updates anyway. It's OK (just barely) the way it is - I'm starting to think those folks don't know diddly about software design.
    For every complex problem there is a solution, that is simple, neat, .....and wrong! (H. L. Mencken) jblackfish(at)pinstack(dot)com

I still cant get it to stay connected. It connects and then immediately drops. Some folks on other sites said it didn't work yesterday but it works today so I am hoping for some luck here tomorrow!

Calm, did you look under "add account" and enter your Facebook user ID? There isn't anything about the appearance that would show anything to do with Facebook until you add your Facebook account.

Rumor has it that BeeJive has worked a fix that should be installed on all of their servers soon. I deleted it, re-installed, and it now works fine. At least try a shutdown and try logging back in....

Would someone enlighten us less-than saavy people? Is Beejive IM just another instant message program that can be set up in Beejive and somehow interfaces with Facebook? If so, please tell us how and what's supposed to be so great about it. I don't get it.

Beejive is an IM program that integrates FacebookIM, MySpaceIM, AIM, MSN, Yahoo, ICQ and Google Talk. It uses your data plan as opposed to your SMS messages as a lot do. And, it's relatively inexpensive.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast