I bought BeamSuite (BeamBerry) awhile ago to have pdfs of local bus schedules on my ... 3rd Party BlackBerry Software forum

sugarspicebaby1 no está en línea Stack level 3

Thumbs down BeamSuite prob - disappointed w/ SLG

Advertisement

I bought BeamSuite (BeamBerry) awhile ago to have pdfs of local bus schedules on my Pearl. I keep them on my SD card so as not to have problems with my memory.

Recently I began having problems having some of the pdfs open on my Pearl. I tried submitting a ticket to SLG and they replied once stating that they thought it was due to the file size. (too large, larger than 1MB, etc)

The issue being that the files that do not open vary in size and I have files larger than 1MB that still open using BeamSuite.

I have tried submitting the ticket again and have received NO reply. I have tried calling their office, only to receive a voicemail. I leave a msg in regard to my upset in this matter as a paid customer, and am yet to have a return call or even an email.

So I thought I would pick the brains here as to why certain pdfs will open and others will not, when it seems that the size is irrelevant?

Has anyone else had such problems with response from SLG? I'm very disappointed in the customer service as someone who had listed them as one of favorite 3rd party softwares.

Any help is greatly appreciated. Thanks!

thbassman no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    ASKME4IT
    Experience with them, no. With other 3rd party apps, many. I find one simple rule helps: you get more bees with honey than you do with Vinager. Trust me, I know the last thing you want to do when having an issue is be kind and patient. How ever, nobody wants to deal with an angry customer, and I have found that being persistant, but kind to be the best approach. Getting angry and making threats really just makes most developers not care as much about replying to you.

Hope this helps . . .

thb
    THBASSMAN

Carpe Diem!!

thbassmanatpinstackdotcom

Check this out!!! Mobiletropolis

My TORCH Rocks!

sugarspicebaby1 no está en línea Stack level 3
    I have been rather patient - no threats or anything, just made the same ticket again, or left a msg on their voice mail asking for a phone call as to why I had not received any response. But still...nothing. I'm just annoyed and looking for help if anyone has suggestions as to why some pdfs will open and other not, when their initial suggestion of file size doesn't seem to matter as some that won't open are smaller than those that will?