akosnitzky no está en línea Stack level 3

Re: Beamberry

Advertisement

Should I uninstall this thing?

steedtek no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    23EBDA02

i did since it doesnt work with the pearl and of this possibility it's some type of spy tool.

beamberry no está en línea Stack level 1

Thank you for your interest in BeamBerry. We are particularly thankful for the attention considering since we somehow managed to time the launch of our product to coincide with the release of Vista . We wanted to take this opportunity to answer some of the questions raised in this forum.

BeamBerry Solutions is a startup company that launched its BeamBerry service for viewing, printing and storing PDF and MS Office document attachments, free of charge under the Early Access Program, on January 29th, 2007. The solution uses a server to process the documents and stream them as images back to the BlackBerry device. To learn more about how BeamBerry works please see the "technology and approach" page on our web site.

All existing solutions in this space use server side processing as the BlackBerry device itself is not currently powerful enough to handle all of that locally. One of the ways in which BeamBerry is unique is that it does not clutter your mailbox with extra e-mail messages and does not require you to wait for a reply e-mail from the service in order to view the document attachment. Instead, everything is made transparent and the document opens up shortly after "Open with BeamBerry" is clicked.

BeamBerry viewer has the ability to open even very large documents. The time it takes to open a document will vary based on its size and other factors, but the solution is very scalable.

There is currently an issue with the service for the BlackBerry Pearl model. Our technical support team is working aggressively to resolve this issue and the service should be available shortly for that BlackBerry model. We apologize for any inconvenience this may have caused.

As this is an Early Access Program, we would sincerely appreciate any feedback you could provide for how we may improve BeamBerry. If you encounter any issues, please notify us and we will work to resolve them promptly.

akosnitzky no está en línea Stack level 3

Any projected time frame as to when we will be able to take a stored attchment and attach to other e-mails?

#1 BBFreak no está en línea Stack level 2

I can't get it to work either and I am using a Nextel 7520.

moebusiness no está en línea Stack level 1

Honestly - this is junk. and it kind of screwed up my blackberry.

Yellowfin no está en línea Stack level 5
    PIN/ID
    317F3C36

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~ it works well on my 7130, though I haven't printed anything yet. No complaints, Hmm...a startup, eh? Where from? And who might the Beamberry people be?

love_this no está en línea Stack level 2

Well, I can tell you it still doesn't work on my Pearl. I emailed tech support.

Let's see if they respond.

wthevaos no está en línea Stack level 1

I did the research and it looks like its a real company ....i work for a wireless carrier and have unlimited everything including all data and blackberry...this thing works great for me and i haven't had any phishing or problems yet

alexthomason no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    23E3505B

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~ I put it on my pearl right after I got it. It only allows me to view the pdf email attachments but orja great for that.

mineral777 no está en línea Stack level 1

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~
    So what are the keyboard shortcuts to enable zooming, scrolling, and/or how can I format docs so they fit on the screen. Presntly I have found some keys that do certain features but they don't seem to move docs in a consistent way. Plus the qucikuser guide doesn't cover it
    Thus far h ,h,j,k,l,I,m all have functionality (that I have seen)

ct5694 no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    n/a

beamberry has been so helpful in viewing my excel documents and pdf files. i am very pleased. i did the OTA download from the beam berry website

mmorgan1865 no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    23F91A45

I downloaded the program mostly for the print feature. After a couple of weeks of trying to find a Bluetooth adapter for a printer I was able to set up an Epox adapter with an HP 1220 C printer. The adapter paired to my 8800 and I was all set to go. So I thought. I opened a document with a half page of text and no colors or graphics or formatting. Beamberry accessed the file and I got a pop on the screen that said "Printing Page 1 of 824,018,345 and a percent value that counted up very slowly. After 35 minutes it was at 12% and I shut it down. I E-Mailed their tech support and they replied that it was a known problem and they are working on it.
    I really need to be able to print attachments from my corporate E-Mails so I hope they get it fixed.

peterme no está en línea Stack level 3

Beamberry has lots of limitations but for viewing PDF attachments it is way better than the built-in reader in my 8700g.

mmorgan1865 no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    23F91A45

Iagree. It is a lot faster than DOChawk. I don't have any complaints about the view function on my 8800.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast