Hi guys! I have a BB8800 and i still have problems with the BBWeather. 1. ... 3rd Party BlackBerry Software forum

Selest no está en línea Stack level 2

BBWeather for Greece?

Advertisement

Hi guys! I have a BB8800 and i still have problems with the BBWeather.

1. I have updated the decvice's softaware to 4.2.2.14
    2. I have followed the installation steps excactly as jdellesala describes in his blog
    3. I have changed the TCP parameters to :
    APN - gnet.b-online.gr
    Username - 6972****** (it sais to put my cell phone so do i put it plainly or include +30 for greece in front or do i write it as 0030 , whatever anyway i tried them both with no results)
    Password : 24680

After having done these steps i still get a Error: Open tunnel - failure message

Please is there anyone who can help me with this, or worst comes to worst is there another weather program with i can use?

Thanx in advance m8ties...

jblackfish no está en línea PINStacked!
    You should be able to get the weather using Wunderground - I used it for the weather in France - no live radar or anything but the current/forcasts. Hope that helps.
    For every complex problem there is a solution, that is simple, neat, .....and wrong! (H. L. Mencken) jblackfish(at)pinstack(dot)com

jblackfish thanx for quick reply. I already bookmarked it on my Opera Mini and it looks great and has all the info i need. But still it isnt excactly what i would like to have. My idea of a weather program is to have it online all the time as a screen saver type of thing so whenever i look onto my main screen i have real time weather forecast and temp.

Thanx again the m.wund is a super effort for cell phones!

Quote Originally Posted by Selest View Post
    jblackfish thanx for quick reply. I already bookmarked it on my Opera Mini and it looks great and has all the info i need. But still it isnt excactly what i would like to have. My idea of a weather program is to have it online all the time as a screen saver type of thing so whenever i look onto my main screen i have real time weather forecast and temp.

Thanx again the m.wund is a super effort for cell phones!
    Got it, Selest, and I agree. Having the icon available it much more convenient. BTW, when I search BB weather for Greece, I get a whole list of cities in Greece to choose from - maybe it's because you're out of the US but it seems you should be able to get the same list as I do. I would have thought BB weather was BB weather where ever you are.
    For every complex problem there is a solution, that is simple, neat, .....and wrong! (H. L. Mencken) jblackfish(at)pinstack(dot)com

Selest, Here's an image of the results of my search for Greece in the country box

caustic no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    ask
    Kalispeda Selest, where in Greece do you live? My family is from Karpenisi.
    "Anyone who has never made a mistake has never tried anything new."

AAAwww it looks great, im so jealous! Is there something with the TCP i must do? What else do i have to look for? My cell phone company is Wind (that is the new name for the Telestet) In greece there are three major providers Cosmote, Vodaphone and Wind. Wind sais that in the TCP parameters i must put for APN blackberry.gr or com i forget, and leave blanc the other two.

Quote Originally Posted by caustic View Post
    Kalispeda Selest, where in Greece do you live? My family is from Karpenisi.
    Hey file i live in Evia Halkida and work for Remax that is real estate company. I take it you have a BB also, so do you have Wind?

Quote Originally Posted by Selest View Post
    AAAwww it looks great, im so jealous! Is there something with the TCP i must do? What else do i have to look for? My cell phone company is Wind (that is the new name for the Telestet) In greece there are three major providers Cosmote, Vodaphone and Wind. Wind sais that in the TCP parameters i must put for APN blackberry.gr or com i forget, and leave blanc the other two.
    Selest,

You go to options>advanced options>TCP (select that) and enter EXACTLY what Wind told you to put in there and save it. I don't have that info available to me - that is to say, I was unable to find it. This setting is necessary for some internet access. Post back if you have more trouble.

caustic no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    ask
    yes i do. I'm stateside, in NC.
    Last edited by caustic; 08-28-2008 at 05:00 PM.
    "Anyone who has never made a mistake has never tried anything new."