Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Hi all, Thanks for the feedback and number of beta testers.. There have been some ... 3rd Party BlackBerry Software forum

belarion no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    2041DAED

Question Re: BBtoday requests??

Advertisement

Hi all,

Thanks for the feedback and number of beta testers..
    There have been some requests as to when the beta will be out. I thought I would just give you all an update.

Basically I started implementing all the new features on the old code base and was putting hack ontop of hack.. So i have decided to start the core code again from scratch to allow the features that are needed (like global options the broadcast updates when things change) and then put plugins on top of it.

This does have the downside of the beta being a few weeks away.

hopefully this doesnt put too many people off ... i think this is the way to get the best outcome and codebase for the future... as I have a few other plugin ideas that would require this type of core.

Does anyone else have any plugin ideas? (other than the ones that are there at the moment?)

Cheers

cp6169 no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID
    3056468b

Re: BBtoday requests??

I personally dont have any more ideas for you, but thank you for updating us.

shafferds no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    23d2a4fe

i will beta test for you as well -

as far as enhancements - make it easier to get the weather for your city

but i think its a cool program otherwise
    DO OR DO NOT THERE IS NO TRY

afig0101 no está en línea Stack level 2

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~I have problems with the Stocks part since eventhought I set up for three ticker symbols I only get info for one (DJI). Any thoughts?

PIN/ID
    2041DAED

Personally i havent seen this error before. But when i do the re-write of the code i will check it out.

Cheers

Belarion

Quote Originally Posted by afig0101
    ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~I have problems with the Stocks part since eventhought I set up for three ticker symbols I only get info for one (DJI). Any thoughts?

aa5093 no está en línea Stack level 1
    PIN/ID
    23d17cfb

bluetooth on/off availability from the main screen, hotkeys for apps set by user, area code search

bootstrapper no está en línea Stack level 1

I use bbtoday everyday. Perhaps it should be bbeveryday.

I like it to show me what profile is active.

TIA

PIN/ID
    2041DAED

No thats a good idea why didnt i think of that one. Let me investigate and see how it could be done.

Belarion

Quote Originally Posted by bootstrapper
    I use bbtoday everyday. Perhaps it should be bbeveryday.

I like it to show me what profile is active.

TIA

3mkharris no está en línea Stack level 1

count me in.

Matt.

racinrocker no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    24b4c6de

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~afif. That happened to when I would try to get quotes on a stock that ipo'ed that morning other than that its been fine also make sure ticker is right and on the nyse found trying todo some etf's or european abd ca stocks default to dow jones. Hope this helps

Diji no está en línea Stack level 1
    PIN/ID
    2043FF74

How goes the recode?
    ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

PIN/ID
    2041DAED

recode is going slowly but surely. Hit some snags getting the redraw and eventlock code working across the plugin model - trying to make it so that others could develop plugins to and interface without having to know how the internals work. It means just making sure things happen in the right orders.

Additionally eclipse and jdwp from rim have stopped playing nicely together and i can no longer step through code properly... I am feeling a pc rebuild coming on.

Other than that things are actually going well. I have global properties working, couple of clock plugins, and i am now working on the preferences UI.

So its going slower than i would like but faster than i expected.

On a sad note I had a look through the API and there is no way to find out what the current notifications profile is set to (ie what rings etc). Doing some more research has confirmed that there is no way to find this information. Which is a bugger really - as it would be a nice feature.

Anyway... I hope to get a limited beta out in the next few weeks - that will be a bit buggy but should allow people to test features.

Cheers

Belarion

sage rat no está en línea Stack level 1
    PIN/ID
    24B04E76

Belarion, for the most part, I have no idea what you are saying regarding the recode project but I would like to thank you in advance for all the hard work. I really like BBtoday, it's just those little annoyances (freezing up, etc.) that keep me from using it regularly. It sound as though your enhancements with add to it's appeal visually and fuctionally.

Keep up the good work. I'll be looking forward to the beta!

sehallow no está en línea Stack level 1

Belarion,

I don't know if you've progressed far enough now that you might not want to entertain new feature requests, but I was wondering if it is possible (and technically feasible) to add a generic application launcher plugin. My blackberry usage is pretty much confined to a small set of applications (mostly mail, telephony, calendar and occasionally I use something like the calculator). Most of these I can access from BBToday, but it would be nice to get able to run the remaining couple of applications in my list without exiting BBToday, wheeling around a zillion icons, then having to go back and run BBToday again when I'm done. Call me lazy.

sehallow

Diji no está en línea Stack level 1
    PIN/ID
    2043FF74

Any news?

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast