I loaded BBToday and BBWeather (love them, but...) After installing, rebooting, ensuring MDS Proxy is ... 3rd Party BlackBerry Software forum

lindycu no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    319BDB8B

BBToday/BBWeather HELP!!! (Message Overflow)

Advertisement

I loaded BBToday and BBWeather (love them, but...)

After installing, rebooting, ensuring MDS Proxy is bypassed (My BES doesn't restrict it, so this isn't necessary but I prefer not to pass through BES).

After setting up applications, the phone was restarted and the BBToday screen freezes. Only way to fix it was remove battery and reboot.

Received "message overflow" error.

Are these unstable programs? I'm running Verizon BB8703e with v4.1.0.344, Platform 2.2.0.149.

Please help!

icancn2u no está en línea Stack level 4
    Lindy, was everything working fine after the battery pull?

PIN/ID
    319BDB8B
    It worked, and then I added three profiles to the BBWeather. I haven't had a DNS issue, or the issue with going through MDS or by-passing. However, when I reboot the phone, the BBToday screen comes up. If I scroll down to the Weather section (I have modified the order of the BBtoday list by the way), it sticks on the Weather and I freeze the device. The last time it froze, I just let it sit there for 5 minutes and I got a message overflow and that BBToday was being shut down. I haven't done anything else yet (waiting for a guru at PINSTACK to help me!!!)

Thanks!

I am definitely not the Guru. j was just trying to get additional details so when one shows, they will hopefully have what they need.

PIN/ID
    319BDB8B
    I hope this is an easy fix. I hide all my icons, but then show all (so they are transparent), and this provides quick access to the main apps I go to! I also like getting weather...

My only thought at this point is uninstalling BBToday and BBWeather. Reboot. Try installing just BBWeather (as I like it's gui, and ease of getting weather while I know I can go online or use something else, this just does it with less trackwheel/clicks) If BBWeather works without glitches, then I will have to do without BBToday

Thanks.

PIN/ID
    319BDB8B
    Sorry that I posted this prematurely. I finally did a search that found a response in Sep 2006:
    http://blackberryforums.pinstack.com...ferrerid=48989

The issue is when you push a key (e.g. ENTER) on a plug in which is what I was doing. I only experienced this when the phone restarted and jumped straight to BBToday.

Glad to see you foud your answer