Here's what I got from the good folks at BBSmart today. Funny, cause I asked ... 3rd Party BlackBerry Software forum

Berryadict no está en línea Stack level 7

BBSmart Email Viewer

Advertisement

Here's what I got from the good folks at BBSmart today. Funny, cause I asked Neil if he was working on it months ago...
    "BBSmart Email Viewer is not currently compatible with OS 4.5.We do intend to release an upgrade to BBSmart Email Viewer to make it compatible with OS 4.5, however I cannot provide an ETA at present. You will be automatically notified by email when the update is released.Thanks."

Instrumentality no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    22C7107B
    Quote Originally Posted by Berryadict View Post
    Here's what I got from the good folks at BBSmart today. Funny, cause I asked Neil if he was working on it months ago...
    "BBSmart Email Viewer is not currently compatible with OS 4.5.We do intend to release an upgrade to BBSmart Email Viewer to make it compatible with OS 4.5, however I cannot provide an ETA at present. You will be automatically notified by email when the update is released.Thanks."

What exactly is the point of BBSmart or any other special HTML reader product in OS 4.5? OS 4.5 already does HTML email.

azstar no está en línea PINStacked!
    It works much better, auto downloads images, more options to customize your inboxes. I have the version of smartview meant for OS 4.3 running on my 8330 with OS 4.5.0.97 and BBSmart works pretty well. Some emails with attachments won't show in Smartview, only in regular view, but otherwise it works great.
    Last edited by azstar; 11-09-2008 at 10:05 PM.
    Twitter? My Apps List

Current SmartPhone: Motorola DROID Rooted, Running Project Elite v4

swalker2001 no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    2461c562
    I am amazed that you heard from them. I have emailed no less than eight times asking about problems with their product, which I spent good money on, and have yet to get a response. I began to think they were OOB or going that way. Their cust service stinks.

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

azstar no está en línea PINStacked!
    I'm surprised! I have always had fast response from them, now Empower email viewer is another story......they've been ignoring my emails for months!

KalebsDad78 no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID
    Just Ask
    Yup, I am running BBSmart HTML Email Viewer on my 8330 w/ 4.5 OS and have no issues other than what azstar noted above.
    New User? - Read the NEW USERS GUIDE

cgaliffi no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    22D95A46
    I've just noticed the same thing. Some of my emails are coming through using the bbsmart email view while others are not. I installed OS 4.5 a while back and there were no problems until yesterday which I thought was strange. Hopefully this issue is resolved soon.

lauren25 no está en línea Stack level 5
    Has anyone recieved an e-mail notifying them of any update?
    When do you think this will be?
    ~Lauren

bluescorpion72 no está en línea Stack level 2
    thanks for the info guys. at least im not alone with this problem. hoepfully it will be resolved soon and we can get back to viewing our emails the way we like

rootwoman123 no está en línea Stack level 1
    Quote Originally Posted by azstar View Post
    I'm surprised! I have always had fast response from them, now Empower email viewer is another story......they've been ignoring my emails for months!

~via smartphone mobile.pinstack.com~

Just got a response from Empower that acknowleged that their HTML email app is not compatible with my 8330 w/4.5OS. Question:Are BBSmart's and Empower's e-mail apps identical or not? I think they and at least one other whose name escapes me are the same software marketed under different names. Anyone?

Quote Originally Posted by Instrumentality View Post
    What exactly is the point of BBSmart or any other special HTML reader product in OS 4.5? OS 4.5 already does HTML email.

I purchased the Empower app and tried the BB Smart app out of sheer frustration w/Sprint. It has been several weeks both on the phone and in person with Sprint telling me that even though I had upgraded to 4.5 OS on my 8330 Curve that purports to view HTML emails, it does not; it does but they can't understand why my I can't so come in and we'll set it up; RIM has acknowledged that there is a problem (and these are just last week's explanations. Nothing including these 3rd party apps has worked. I get several hundred e-mails daily for which I still must manually request images, read that getting images exposes my email address and then asks am I really sure I want them. Hell, Yes!!! I want them!!! My settings say I want HTML email and would like them contain images automatically. So I resorted to Empower and BBSmart to no avail. Someone with the solution please respond. Thanks
    Last edited by rootwoman123; 04-30-2009 at 03:24 AM.

pdaddyjenks no está en línea Stack level 1
    Sorry it dos'nt work at all on mine. I wasted 29.95 on this program, which is a lot to spend for a app that dos'nt work and can't get a refund. If u gonna spend that kind of money on something at least make an update or refund your money or offer an app of an equill value