After being tired of a nearly useless web experience on my PDA, I recently developed ... 3rd Party BlackBerry Software forum

bbsearch no está en línea Stack level 1

BBSearch.info

Advertisement

After being tired of a nearly useless web experience on my PDA, I recently developed a quick little PHP site that helps to bring primarily text versions of websites to my device. Associates using 7250s seem to have success with it as well.

I was hoping to get some more comments from BlackBerry users in order to see if this script is worth keeping on my server. Link is:

URL: bbsearch.info

Yes there are some Google ads (sorry) to help pay for any increase in bandwidth I have to deal with, but the site is definitely free and non-commercial.

Thanks,
    bbsearch@mwsolutions.ca

N8DBB no está en línea Stack level 8
    PIN/ID
    7BCE3C88

Re: BBSearch.info

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~
    I just used it. I am on my 8700. However when u go to put a web address in, it directs to a different site, like an error message and you have to scroll down and click. Should prob try it on the 7290 to see how well it works on nonedge. Question though. Any works to have this be an application rather than a webaddress that way it can be opened directly from the homescreen? I mean you can set it as a homepage when u go to log into the net obviously, but an application might be a little more user friendly?

Dirty Cash no está en línea Stack Pro
    PIN/ID
    3G

Thumbs up Re: BBSearch.info

Quote Originally Posted by bbsearch
    After being tired of a nearly useless web experience on my PDA, I recently developed a quick little PHP site that helps to bring primarily text versions of websites to my device. Associates using 7250s seem to have success with it as well.

I was hoping to get some more comments from BlackBerry users in order to see if this script is worth keeping on my server. Link is:

URL: bbsearch.info

Yes there are some Google ads (sorry) to help pay for any increase in bandwidth I have to deal with, but the site is definitely free and non-commercial.

Thanks,
    bbsearch@mwsolutions.ca
    Not bad at all...pretty cool! I used it to get into Yahoo! and The Stack of course. I could see this coming in handy!

By chance a list of sites that load really good that you have experienced?

racinrocker no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    24b4c6de

Re: BBSearch.info

going to give thia a try and report back later