Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Hi all, Is there an application that I could install on my desktop that would ... 3rd Party BlackBerry Software forum

s-one no está en línea Stack level 2

BBMessenger for PC?

Advertisement

Hi all,

Is there an application that I could install on my desktop that would allow me to use my PIN to message people on my blackberry contacts? If I'm at my computer, the fullsize keboard is so much easier to use than bb's qwerty.

Thanks,
    s-one

ma077146 no está en línea Stack level 5
    PIN/ID
    3019F3E6
    No, but it would be great if there were. You'll need to use something like Google Talk, Yahoo, MSN Live Messenger, etc., that have both a mobile and desktop version.

oh ok, maybe i should invest in a bluetooth keyboard. Thanks for the info.

Mr_Carter no está en línea Stack level 5
    Yeah.. Sorry, no such app exist. Like you said investing on a Bluetooth keyboard is your best bet if typing on your BB seems a bit more of an inconvenience. ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

bummer. ok thanks much Mr. Carter. I did however find this Web to Pin thingy but it's not like a full chat service. Oh well. Thanks for the info!

kieranwest no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID
    Ask Me:)
    Its possibly coming soon
    Last edited by kieranwest; 07-31-2008 at 10:37 PM.

That's awesome kieranwest! Looking forward to your release. Sign me for a beta tester if you'd like.

oldgeek no está en línea Stack level 3
    FYI, if you are runing OS 4.5 the iGO Stowaway Bluetooth Keyboard will not work. The driver will not load and causes an exception error on bootup and if you try to run it afterwards. After doing a bit of research I found out the keyboard is no longer supported and there will be no updates to the driver. So now I have the Throwaway Keyboard instead of the Stowaway Keyboard.
    Sucks don't it?

BBEnriched no está en línea Stack level 3
    Possibly coming soon yes, but I would think that might be a problem since all PIN messages go to the RIM NOC. They would not only have to sign off to use it, but probably get royalties for its use.
    www.bbenriched.com - Unlocks and Parts

PIN/ID
    Quote Originally Posted by BBEnriched View Post
    Possibly coming soon yes, but I would think that might be a problem since all PIN messages go to the RIM NOC. They would not only have to sign off to use it, but probably get royalties for its use.
    Not to sound offensive but I think you really need to check your sources. This would increase market share signifcantly and would not incur any royalty charges should the right techniques be used and was done by a RIM partner

BBEnriched no está en línea Stack level 3
    None taken, I love a good debate
    If it were an Alliance partner that developed it, then you are right, they might not charge a fee. I would think any such app would carry a price to it, and even if it did increase market share (i dont see a direct correlation, however the case can be made that it would) then why wouldnt RIM charge a nominal fee for using their network? There would be additional strain on their network, as well as any replies to the desktop would have to have a PIN assigned (either virtually or actually) unless RIM decides to change how their network processes the PINs.
    www.bbenriched.com - Unlocks and Parts

PIN/ID
    I can't really comment due to NDA's but RIM will support this and is considered normal growth. This app would carry a cost but not to the user if it was made public, it would probably be supported by sponsored ads due to the costs of hardware to maintain it.

Edit: BBM for desktop would be only the smallest possibility for this solution and this is where market share comes in
    Last edited by kieranwest; 08-01-2008 at 12:53 AM.

poetic_stud no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    215a5bb1
    i love using my bb keyboard but yea i agree i wish you could download bbm on your desktop or laptop that would be a plus

dbetanco no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    205D9596
    Maybe some app ringing on pc by java and connecting to bb as bb msn....

Dario
    webmaster
    http://www.BlackberryLatino.com

via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

bsjmcconnell no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    4029C610
    Quote Originally Posted by oldgeek View Post
    FYI, if you are runing OS 4.5 the iGO Stowaway Bluetooth Keyboard will not work. The driver will not load and causes an exception error on bootup and if you try to run it afterwards. After doing a bit of research I found out the keyboard is no longer supported and there will be no updates to the driver. So now I have the Throwaway Keyboard instead of the Stowaway Keyboard.
    Sucks don't it?
    YES! Found this out the hard way when I upgraded to 4.5 beta for CDMA and it would not work....I have gots to have my iGo keyboard so I reverted back to the 4.2.....maybe my wife will let me get a new keyboard once the official release comes out !!!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast