Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast

The BBerrySync application on my PC seems to be stuck on "Connecting to Data Server" ... 3rd Party BlackBerry Software forum

jolen712 no está en línea Stack level 1

Re: BBerrySync - Full 2 way OTA Sync for BlackBerry with MS Outlook - BIS Users

Advertisement

The BBerrySync application on my PC seems to be stuck on "Connecting to Data Server" and my Curve is stuck on "Waiting for PC connection". Am I stuck or does this process take long and I should wait? Just an fyi, I downloaded the 0.7.6b version. Is this the most current version with the fixes? Help Please!

MANX no está en línea Stack level 2

Please count on me!!
    Im from Mexico

Sorry but what is a PM?

Thanks
    BYE

tecrishon no está en línea Device Expert
    PIN/ID
    Retired

Quote Originally Posted by fkjr2 View Post
    whats this coupon that is asked for on the setup website page? Cant register without it - thanks
    I second that question.

CaCHooKa Man no está en línea Stack level 3

Quote Originally Posted by tecrishon View Post
    I second that question.
    it was sent in an email to all those that PMed BBerrySyncJosh with their info and were included in the beta.

naimishs no está en línea Silent Stacker

Currently have a problem to reconile outlook pst file using the desktop manager....if this software can resolve the issue, then i m in....please include me!

BBerrySyncJosh no está en línea Stack level 2

Hello All - an update for the beta testers:

For Apple or Safari browser users - please install Macromedia's latest flash player version so that you can access our website.

For Vista Users - We are having problems with the USB connection to the Blackberry when using Vista. This is similar to the issues experienced by those using RIM's Desktop Manager and Vista. In fact, we have to use RIM's library to even access the Blackberry device over USB. So, the fix, which we should have ready tomorrow will require the use of the device memory to temporarily store the initial sync map file (rather than connecting via USB). Another point is that installing the BBerrySync software needs to be done under the Admin profile or Admin rights. This alternative method of initial sync will actually help anyone with the current initial sync.

Outlook 2000, 2002, 2003 and 2007 - we are compatible with all these versions. We do not support Outlook Express at this time.

We hope you all can remain patient while we work through the bugs. Thank you.

Also, BBerrySync pc software requires Microsoft's .Net Framework version 2.0 or higher. Version 2.0 should be already installed on those machines running XP and Vista. Those on earlier versions may have to install the framework available from Microsoft.
    Last edited by BBerrySyncJosh; 01-23-2008 at 08:11 AM. Reason: missing word

Umm Yeah... no está en línea Stack level 1

I would like to try this as well but it requires a Coupon Code to set up an account. What is the coupon code? I would just PM you Josh, but I don't have enough posts to PM yet.

BobL no está en línea Stack level 2

Quote Originally Posted by BBerrySyncJosh View Post
    Also, BBerrySync pc software requires Microsoft's .Net Framework version 2.0 or higher. Version 2.0 should be already installed on those machines running XP and Vista. Those on earlier versions may have to install the framework available from Microsoft.
    Does this mean the SP1 for Net Framework? My Windows Update has pushed this to my laptop, but I have not installed it yet. The BBSync software will not run correctly after install.

jrok14 no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    3179870B

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~PM sent.. Hope I get the chance!

tecrishon no está en línea Device Expert
    PIN/ID
    Retired

Quote Originally Posted by BBerrySyncJosh View Post
    FYI - I have a laptop that is only a little over a year old, running XP. I was not running this .NET Framework required - but it was a very quick installation. The link from Microsoft can be found here.

I am working on posting so I exceed the 10 count and then can send PMs and post URLs

In any case, for those that expressed their interest to participate in the beta test after the initial group was finalized, I would ask that you remain patient while we work with the first group. Once we are underway and there are some slots open, I will be able to send out more coupon codes. You will need a coupon code in order to complete the sign up and use the software. Thank you very much for your interest in BBerrySync.

You can check if you have .Net Framework 2.0 installed, by going to the Control Panel > Add or Remove Programs and you will see the software in the list in the M's. Hope that helps.

We have deployed Beta Build 0.7.7 for download from our website. The main focus of this build has been to fix the initial sync issues experienced and the Vista connection issues. We have changed the initial sync process to have two methods, USB cable (online mode) and Create Initial Sync File (offline mode). I will post the revised quick start guide shortly. Thanks.

For those that have a very large PST file like caCHooKa Man, we would be interested to know how long the offline mode initial sync process takes (or rather how large of a file does the device app creates) versus the online mode.

Also, we have been focusing our energy on the beta fixes so our User Guide available for download is not current. That is the reason for the quickstart guides. So please do not hesitate to contact us if you have any questions on the program settings or functions or ??.