Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Originally Posted by bpursley Yeah, there is no due date or alarm capability built into ... 3rd Party BlackBerry Software forum

jorgeg.ledes no está en línea Developer

Advertisement

Quote Originally Posted by bpursley View Post
    Yeah, there is no due date or alarm capability built into this application right now. That is probably something I will work on in the next version. My main desire is to have something that just makes it easy to manage a process or to track progress, but not necessarily a reminder application, which is kindof more what the built-in task application is for, IMO. I think its a great idea for a feature, but I'm going to have to think about how exactly it should work in order to keep it as simple as possible but still provide that functionality.
    Nice thoughts !!
    Best regards

Jorge Ledesma
    PIN 2440BE7C

www.blackberrygtd.com

To the developer:

1. After setting a up a few list including some with dividers, I think that being able to scroll to a divider and setting up action there would help, cuz right now I have a list with 5 dividers and everytime I create an item or task or event it creates the task at the end of the list so I have to ALT+2 to place it where it belongs, this makes sense creating an even where you want to.

2. I would love to see "Add to Calendar" integration, after all they are brothers, they come from you, jejeje, but seriously imagine scrolling to any item on your list, clicking the menu key and having an option to add to task or calendar would be superb and since you want to keep it simple, this idea might ameliorate all the mentioned suggestion of wanting to integrate this with the Task, which in my humble opinion you should NOT, I would hate that any item that I create in bbchecklist show up in my bb tasks, that would be chaotic for me, I also use milksync and that's fine. I believe your goal of keeping this application as simple as possible is the key to its succcess. Add editing capabilities to the items and an add to calendar integration and some other basic stuff, ie, sms as well and this is going to be the jewel of the pinstack, haha

I'll posting a review in my blog www.blackberygtd.com soon
    Best regards

Jorge Ledesma
    PIN 2440BE7C

www.blackberrygtd.com

Maroon no está en línea Stack level 2
    Apparently the OTA registration is still inop.

I downloaded the app ok.

I'm very interested in reviewing and giving you whatever input I can. I will try to get the registration key via desktop later today. Thanks!~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

The application opened with a 14 day trial. So I was able to get into it before trying to get the registration key from the desktop.

So far I really like what I see. The one think I note is I don't see the standard "switch application" option when pressing the bb menu key. ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

pip11 no está en línea Stack level 2
    If you press alt and the escape key you get the application switcher without the menu option

ziminvades no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    Ask Me
    Quote Originally Posted by jorgeg.ledes View Post
    To the developer:

1. After setting a up a few list including some with dividers, I think that being able to scroll to a divider and setting up action there would help, cuz right now I have a list with 5 dividers and everytime I create an item or task or event it creates the task at the end of the list so I have to ALT+2 to place it where it belongs, this makes sense creating an even where you want to.

2. I would love to see "Add to Calendar" integration, after all they are brothers, they come from you, jejeje, but seriously imagine scrolling to any item on your list, clicking the menu key and having an option to add to task or calendar would be superb and since you want to keep it simple, this idea might ameliorate all the mentioned suggestion of wanting to integrate this with the Task, which in my humble opinion you should NOT, I would hate that any item that I create in bbchecklist show up in my bb tasks, that would be chaotic for me, I also use milksync and that's fine. I believe your goal of keeping this application as simple as possible is the key to its succcess. Add editing capabilities to the items and an add to calendar integration and some other basic stuff, ie, sms as well and this is going to be the jewel of the pinstack, haha

I'll posting a review in my blog www.blackberygtd.com soon
    Very well said.
    • Calanedar intergration
    • compatibility with the built in task list/ milk sync
    • ability to enter a task in a divider with out having to move it (place the task in the divider you are currently in)

is a must if this is going to be an app that will stay. I love the simplicity so that is a huge plus. With the exceptions noted this app is great. I used it for grocery shopping and I made a list quicker than I have ever done with the standard task list or even my BBTask list I purchased. If the exceptions are fixed I would purchase this and replace my BBTask program!
    You have done a great job and I hope to see more

I added the review here is the url http://blackberrygtd.com/2008/06/08/...-blackberries/

And to clarify by "Add to Calendar" I mean the current application from http://www.berrylogic.com/
    Best regards

Jorge Ledesma
    PIN 2440BE7C

www.blackberrygtd.com

bpursley no está en línea Stack level 2
    Hey thanks for all the feedback everyone. Sorry I've been busy at my "day job" so I haven't replied here much, but I have kept up with the comments.

I plan on rolling this out to production, probably tomorrow. I will make the change that puts the new items (and dividers) immediately after the selected item so you can place them within the checklist and not have to move them around so much.

If you have a beta code, it will still work with the production version, so be sure to keep the email with your code in case you need it again.

Brian

Quote Originally Posted by pip11 View Post
    If you press alt and the escape key you get the application switcher without the menu option
    My 8830 doesn't work that way. Alt + esc goes to another app, but not to a list of icons like happens with the menu button.

galvatron no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    240582a8
    wuy not i beta test for vlingo and dynoplex an i have 4.5.0.42 beta on my 8800

bpursley no está en línea Stack level 2
    Hi again. I just wanted to let everyone know the beta has ended. Again, if you requested a code during the beta, it will continue to work in the production version, so keep the email you received.

The newest version is 1.1.0, which fixes the bug/annoyance where new items would always go to the bottom. Now they appear directly after the selected item.

I've gotten quite a few ideas from people, and I will try to see what I can do in future versions, like I did with Add To Calendar since last September.

Thanks again,

Brian

DonGato no está en línea Stack level 3
    I think I found what I was looking for and again it's free (it seems free software is the only one that adapts to my needs).

Mara Tick
    Free Shopping & ToDo List Application

A simple todo list maker for any Blackberry with OS 4.0 or higher.
    Version: 1.0.8. Features include:

* Checked off items are automatically pushed down to the bottom of list
    * Unlimited number of list and list size
    * Auto-complete with a built in dictionary (user prompted to load upon install)
    * Self learning dictionary of todo items
    * Icon selector provided to customize each list
    * Todo items can be selectively copied between lists
    * Entire data can be copied, backed up/restored to or from any BB app
    * Items can be moved up and down along the list for easy prioritization
    * Item's move can be triggered by ALT+click or ALT+M
    * Each list integrable with BB calendar
    * Duplicate a list menu, useful when you have a template list
    * Email a selected list, the receiver will 'Copy' it from email and import using 'Add Data from Clipboard'
    * Delete all Selected on List screen
    * User can select item name or measurement vocabulary when 'Loading vocabulary from Clipboard'

OTA: http://www.mongoltoronto.com/bb/mt/MaraTick.asp

Quote Originally Posted by DonGato View Post
    I think I found what I was looking for and again it's free (it seems free software is the only one that adapts to my needs).

Mara Tick
    Free Shopping & ToDo List Application

A simple todo list maker for any Blackberry with OS 4.0 or higher.
    Version: 1.0.8. Features include:

* Checked off items are automatically pushed down to the bottom of list
    * Unlimited number of list and list size
    * Auto-complete with a built in dictionary (user prompted to load upon install)
    * Self learning dictionary of todo items
    * Icon selector provided to customize each list
    * Todo items can be selectively copied between lists
    * Entire data can be copied, backed up/restored to or from any BB app
    * Items can be moved up and down along the list for easy prioritization
    * Item's move can be triggered by ALT+click or ALT+M
    * Each list integrable with BB calendar
    * Duplicate a list menu, useful when you have a template list
    * Email a selected list, the receiver will 'Copy' it from email and import using 'Add Data from Clipboard'
    * Delete all Selected on List screen
    * User can select item name or measurement vocabulary when 'Loading vocabulary from Clipboard'

OTA: http://www.mongoltoronto.com/bb/mt/MaraTick.asp
    Don Gato, I'm glad you found what you were looking for but this thread relates to bbChecklist so perhaps you'd be better served by opening up a new thread, so you can discuss "your find" with others. thank you
    Best regards

Jorge Ledesma
    PIN 2440BE7C

www.blackberrygtd.com

Quote Originally Posted by bpursley View Post
    Hi again. I just wanted to let everyone know the beta has ended. Again, if you requested a code during the beta, it will continue to work in the production version, so keep the email you received.

The newest version is 1.1.0, which fixes the bug/annoyance where new items would always go to the bottom. Now they appear directly after the selected item.

I've gotten quite a few ideas from people, and I will try to see what I can do in future versions, like I did with Add To Calendar since last September.

Thanks again,

Brian
    Congrats, it looks very tight, just download the newer version and all is well on bbchecklist land.

Jorge
    Best regards

Jorge Ledesma
    PIN 2440BE7C

www.blackberrygtd.com

BklynEddie no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    3089BE1A
    Quote Originally Posted by jorgeg.ledes View Post
    Congrats, it looks very tight, just download the newer version and all is well on bbchecklist land.

Jorge
    Is the newer version out? Is there an OTA link?
    Needed to get a replacement 8330 Curve again, so I got a New pin and it's in my profile... Got 8330m now!

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast