Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

if you are testing, in bbChecklist, select the help menu item, and if it says ... 3rd Party BlackBerry Software forum

bpursley no está en línea Stack level 2

Advertisement

if you are testing, in bbChecklist, select the help menu item, and if it says version 1.0.7 at the top you have the latest version (as of now). If it does not say anything, or has an older version number, you may want to get the latest version from http://www.berrylogic.com/ota

Brian

fishcube no está en línea Stack level 2
    I've got the app and have some suggestions. When viewing a list, need a way to see the note field without edit?

I couldn't get registration code with my BB?

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

Also how about a way to add a line or divider between items? Lots of time I need to view in groups, but still in the same list.

Need to be able to edit title of a lists?

tboooe no está en línea Stack level 3
    Download and registration worked great!

One initial comment, it would be great to have a collapse-able tree view or subcategories. For example, I want to create a main checklist called "Vacation Packing". Under this I want to have tasks grouped in categories like "Clothes", "Toiletries", "Toys for Kids", etc. This way, especially for lists that are long, it will be easier to see the entire checklist.

This leads to my other suggestion, add the ability to skip tasks. In my "Vacation Packing" scenario, I may want to skip the category "Toys for Kids" since only my wife and I are traveling. Perhaps when you skip a task they turn grey or some other color to distinguish it from tasks that are done and those yet to be done.

DonGato no está en línea Stack level 3
    OTA Download page has too big text. :P
    It would be nice if it was smaller.

The dynamics of the application is better than others but not good/comfortable enough. There is no import or any other way to create a list from a text file. You need two clicks to check/uncheck an option. There is no filter view.

If you expect money from this there are many things to implement (IMO).

It seems I'm unable to find a good checklist software. The best I found was Unyverse but is slow and it has some restrictions. Will keep searching.
    Last edited by DonGato; 05-27-2008 at 03:06 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by DonGato View Post
    It would be nice if it was smaller.

The dynamics of the application is better than others but not good/comfortable enough. There is no import or any other way to create a list from a text file. You need two clicks to check/uncheck an option. There is no filter view.

If you expect money from this there are many things to implement (IMO).

It seems I'm unable to find a good checklist software. The best I found was Unyverse but is slow and it has some restrictions. Will keep searching.
    Thanks DonGato.

Did you check out the help screen in the application? You can check/uncheck an item simply by pressing the space key, and you can use the enter key to edit/open the step.

I want to try to make this really simple and efficient to use, so it is not cumbersome like you said. I will take into account everyones feedback and see if I can implement some of the ideas.

C.Ambrosio no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    2581694A
    I finally fot it to email. I noticed that when entering an email into the field u have to go to menu and select change email the select or type the email u want. Unlike just typing the name like in a regular email. Like other posts. This adds an extra step. Did I miss the shortcut for this?

summerhowell no está en línea Stack level 3
    The registration was fairly easy. Couldn't complete the form over the native BlackBerry Browser but was able to complete via Opera Mini. The program is very easy to use which is a plus and the email option is very cool plus worked out great. I am constantly making to do lists for myself and this is great to email to the hubby with his chores!

I like the clean interface and the ready-to-use aspect.

I got my registration code, but when I enter it says invalid code ??

N8DBB no está en línea Stack level 8
    PIN/ID
    7BCE3C88
    Email sent. This has GREAT potential!

dj_polak15 no está en línea Stack level 3
    i tried getting the .jad file but it wont work. can someone help me? is there a certain Os for it

ziminvades no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    Ask Me
    I love the idea. My problem is I use Milksync (remember the milk) to sync multiple devices with 1 list.

If I was to continue to use this or purchase I need the application to work with the built in task list - meaning every task that's entered in this program also appears in my built in task list or I need this to be compoatible with milksync

Great design though-hope to see compatibility~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

DonGato no está en línea Stack level 3
    Quote Originally Posted by bpursley View Post
    Thanks DonGato.

Did you check out the help screen in the application? You can check/uncheck an item simply by pressing the space key, and you can use the enter key to edit/open the step.

I want to try to make this really simple and efficient to use, so it is not cumbersome like you said. I will take into account everyones feedback and see if I can implement some of the ideas.
    Well, IMO it's not natural. You're moving with the trackball so it's natural that selection is done by clicking it. In the other hand clicking shouldn't bring a menu, that should be done by the key intended for that in the BlackBerry platform, that is the menu key.

That's the success of Windows. Every app uses F3 for search and F5 for refresh. If people would have started to use it for different or reverse meaning that would have been chaotic.

OK, I'm back from being out all day, and a mass reply to everyone...

I finally fot it to email. I noticed that when entering an email into the field u have to go to menu and select change email the select or type the email u want. Unlike just typing the name like in a regular email. Like other posts. This adds an extra step. Did I miss the shortcut for this?
    The email feature is a little clunky. I'm using what BlackBerry provides. I think they fixed it in OS version 4.2, but I'm on the fence about leaving anyone out who still uses OS version 4.1.

Quote Originally Posted by fishcube
    Need to be able to edit title of a lists?
    You can edit the title of the list, just scroll to the top and type.

it would be great to have a collapse-able tree view or subcategories...
    ...add the ability to skip tasks
    Great ideas, I will put them on the potential feature list.

That is for the elderly BlackBerry users out there... Just kidding, I will see what I can do about that!

I got my registration code, but when I enter it says invalid code ??
    Try requesting your code again, and make sure you type your PIN correctly, because it is tied to your PIN. Make sure you enter 0 instead of the letter D, which can look similar to each other.

i tried getting the .jad file but it wont work. can someone help me? is there a certain Os for it
    What does it say when it doesn't work? It requires OS version 4.1 or later.

My problem is I use Milksync (remember the milk) to sync multiple devices with 1 list.
    Thanks for the idea. I will think about how this might work.

Well, IMO it's not natural. You're moving with the trackball so it's natural that selection is done by clicking it. In the other hand clicking shouldn't bring a menu, that should be done by the key intended for that in the BlackBerry platform, that is the menu key.

That's the success of Windows. Every app uses F3 for search and F5 for refresh. If people would have started to use it for different or reverse meaning that would have been chaotic.
    i am using what BlackBerry provides in their API for all of that, and their API opens the menu when you click the track ball. I agree it should toggle the check/uncheck, I'll see what I can do. Like I said, I want it to be really convenient to use.

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast