Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast

Hi again everyone. I just finished working on a new application, called bbChecklist, that provides ... 3rd Party BlackBerry Software forum

bpursley no está en línea Stack level 2

bbChecklist beta testers wanted

Advertisement

Hi again everyone.

I just finished working on a new application, called bbChecklist, that provides a checklist application for your BlackBerry. The purpose is to provide a simple tool that can be used to manage processes effectively, or just keeping track of To-Dos in a more organized way.

It lets you create multiple "named" checklists, that have steps that can be checked off, and it gives you an easy way to manage those checklists (new/edit/copy/delete). You can even email a text-only version of a checklist to someone, which I think will be helpful sometimes.

bbChecklist is different from the built-in task manager and other task lists. It does not have due dates, priorities or reminders. I really wanted to try to keep this as simple as possible so it is quick for people to use without cluttering up the application with too many options.

I'm going to simple and easy to use. I've tried to optimize the user interface as much as possible, so be sure to check out the help screen (from the menu) for shortcut keys that can help you work more efficiently.

I'm looking for people who are interested in beta testing this, and also giving me some feedback. As thanks, anyone who beta tests it will get a free registration code.

Right now, I only have OTA download set up. you can download it from here:
    http://www.berrylogic.com/ota

Click on the "bbChecklist version 1.0.7 (BETA)" link, near the bottom, you might have to scroll down to see it.

After you have downloaded it, you can request a registration code by following these instructions:

[EDIT: Thanks to everyone who tested. The beta has closed, but if you would like to download the trial version, visit www.berrylogic.com]

I'm testing out this registration system as well, so let me know if you have any problems getting the registration code. As with any of my customers, I promise not to send you any junk-mail or otherwise use your email address for anything other than sending the registration code.

Thanks!

Brian Pursley
    BerryLogic
    bpursley@berrylogic.com
    Last edited by bpursley; 06-09-2008 at 09:39 PM.

C.Ambrosio no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    2581694A
    Going to download now. I use my to do list multiple times daily so I look forward to testing this for u
    ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

dj_polak15 no está en línea Stack level 3
    i cant get it OTA is there a chance you can e-mail me sending me the zip file?
    (dj_polak15@yahoo.com) or (dj.polak8@gmail.com)

thank you

BklynEddie no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    3089BE1A
    Sounds interesting and useful... Downloading it now.
    Needed to get a replacement 8330 Curve again, so I got a New pin and it's in my profile... Got 8330m now!

C.Ambrosio no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    2581694A
    the OTA download was quick and easy. I tried to access the registration site via my bb and it let me enter all the info but when i clicked the send registration code nothing happened so i tried it again and got the same result.

i registered via the computer with no problems at all

I did notice though and I'm not sure if it pertaining to me or the registration codes that you have to hand out in beta; the two times that i tried it showed up as "used" instances on the sent code counter when i registered via computer. they issue each email almost a thousand i think so its not a big deal on my end, just something that i wanted you to know about.

looking forward to getting started using the app.
    Chardonnay Luv

Taking one day at a time and becoming the person I know I can be.

Quote Originally Posted by C.Ambrosio View Post
    the OTA download was quick and easy. I tried to access the registration site via my bb and it let me enter all the info but when i clicked the send registration code nothing happened so i tried it again and got the same result.

i registered via the computer with no problems at all

I did notice though and I'm not sure if it pertaining to me or the registration codes that you have to hand out in beta; the two times that i tried it showed up as "used" instances on the sent code counter when i registered via computer. they issue each email almost a thousand i think so its not a big deal on my end, just something that i wanted you to know about.

looking forward to getting started using the app.
    Thanks. The registration website has not been tested on the BlackBerry's browser, but I will take a look at that. As to your other comment, about the thousand registration codes, that is how I have configured it for beta testers... Just to make sure it does not run out, I set it to a really high number.

And regarding someone else's previous post about a zip file, you can get the zip file here, if you cannot access it by ota:
    http://www.berrylogic.com/downloads/...bChecklist.zip

Thanks,

Brian

PIN/ID
    3089BE1A
    Just got my registration code and registered with no problem.
    Got a weird message in the email with my registration code>>>
    "Your volume license now has 999995 registrations remaining (4 out of 999999 have been used)"<<<
    Needed to get a replacement 8330 Curve again, so I got a New pin and it's in my profile... Got 8330m now!

LLceleb no está en línea Stack level 5
    PIN/ID
    i want to try
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Tmobile
    BOLD

summerhowell no está en línea Stack level 3
    I have already downloaded and am beginning testing. I make to-do lists everyday. This will be a nice change. And emailing the lists would be awesome! Where shall we email our findings?

Jbee no está en línea Stack level 5
    PIN/ID
    3047D925
    Here I go to sign-up

Quote Originally Posted by summerhowell View Post
    I have already downloaded and am beginning testing. I make to-do lists everyday. This will be a nice change. And emailing the lists would be awesome! Where shall we email our findings?
    You can post them here, or email them to me (bpursley@berrylogic.com).

About the 4 out of 999999 codes message, I will see what I can do to hide that. That was just something I did to fake out the registration page so it thinks there is one giant volume license for all beta testers.

Thanks again everyone

Brian

meme405 no está en línea Stack level 3
    It looks sweet, nice work...ill keep you posted...

One quick question when you go for the registration code, what the other option besides BBchecklist..?

jdiiams no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    24a04078
    looks really good. got a baby on the way and my wife is giving me lists that make my head spin... hopefully this will help. what about a way to make lists avail for other people to view?

for example, my manager sends out an email with lists that need to be done... can you make it to where he gets an update automatically once each task is checked by each employee?

another idea... can it sync with a calendar? outlook/google calendar?

Quote Originally Posted by jdiiams View Post
    looks really good. got a baby on the way and my wife is giving me lists that make my head spin... hopefully this will help. what about a way to make lists avail for other people to view?

for example, my manager sends out an email with lists that need to be done... can you make it to where he gets an update automatically once each task is checked by each employee?

another idea... can it sync with a calendar? outlook/google calendar?
    Those are great ideas! I would love to be able to make this more integrated so you can share checklists and update status automatically. I dont know if that is something for the initial version, but maybe a follow on. You will have the ability to email a checklist, but I know what you are talking about and its more than just doing that. Thanks for the feedback.

meme405,
    The other option is Add To Calendar, another application I have. You can get more info on that at www.berrylogic.com if you want. Pinstack users did a great job of helping me beta test that back in September of 2007!

PIN/ID
    3089BE1A
    meme405,
    The other option is Add To Calendar, another application I have. You can get more info on that at www.berrylogic.com if you want. Pinstack users did a great job of helping me beta test that back in September of 2007! [/quote]

I thought that program (Add To Calendar) sounded familiar.
    I had it on one of my old 7100i's BB. But I had to get them
    replaced a couple of times (track wheel broke) I lost the program.

Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast