Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Originally Posted by TBryant82 YeAgain, no Verizon 8130 with this App is having any problems?? ... 3rd Party BlackBerry Software forum

needforspd no está en línea Stack level 3

Advertisement

Quote Originally Posted by TBryant82 View Post
    YeAgain, no Verizon 8130 with this App is having any problems??
    Only issue I have on my VZW 8130 is the missed call alert doesnt work. And PINs but as it was just pointed out BBM PINs arent detected only direct PINs. But my SMS and email alerts work.
    What OS are you running on your 8130? I just found out Im running a different one on mine then comes factory (4.3.0.97) so maybe that makes a difference?
    IM BACK w/ a new BB 8220!

Do you have the need for speed? Then drive it like you stole it!

PIN me up @ 2576B06B

Quote Originally Posted by bbymel View Post
    Yes but that will be a later release, basically to allow exceptions to be created for each alert type would be good to have.
    You add those features and it works w/ my 8130 (unlike that other one out there) Id buy it.

PIN me up @ 2576B06B

courtney32091 no está en línea Stack level 1
    PIN/ID
    24AC9B0E
    Hey,

Check out the thread under OTA 3rd party software called "bbalerts??". I was having the same problem as you and they managed to help me figure it out and everything works perfectly now! Hope it helps

staindone no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    20F059B5
    Do you think there will be a later release that can have an alert for BBM? I have the registered version and love it, but I use BBM more then anything, and I just wish the LED would blink for it.

jasonroth no está en línea Stack level 2

Question

Quote Originally Posted by Klotar View Post
    To clear your new message icon thing on your BB, you have to read the message(s). That said, since that sounded silly, often these non-clearing message icons are caused by certain themes. Are you using a custom theme or a stock RIM one? Are all permissions set to Allow?

If you miss a call, to clear it, you must view your call log (press the green telephone button on the left). Again, BB Alerts has nothing to do with your missed call notifications, new messages icons or your call log, BB Alerts has it's own call log.

Lol. I am using a custom theme, but before i had BB alerts installed everything worked fine with my theme. So maybe it is just using the two together that is presenting an issue. lol. Although i dont really know anything about the permissions. I'm really not very tech savvy. lol. But the interesting thing is, when i miss a call i get a notification both in my call log as well as in my messages folder. is that really necessary? lol. I have since deleted BB alerts and I am still using the same theme, and everything works fine now. But i would still like to be able to use BB alerts if i can get everything working right.

Klotar no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    207BADEB
    Quote Originally Posted by jasonroth View Post
    Lol. I am using a custom theme, but before i had BB alerts installed everything worked fine with my theme. So maybe it is just using the two together that is presenting an issue. lol. Although i dont really know anything about the permissions. I'm really not very tech savvy. lol. But the interesting thing is, when i miss a call i get a notification both in my call log as well as in my messages folder. is that really necessary? lol. I have since deleted BB alerts and I am still using the same theme, and everything works fine now. But i would still like to be able to use BB alerts if i can get everything working right.
    Ah, that's interesting. You can set the call log to not show with your Messages by pressing the green telephone button, then the menu key (with the Blackberry logo), then scroll down to call logging and click that. I have mine set to None (which doesn't mean there is no call log, just that it doesn't show the call in my Messages folder).

At first I thought "AHA", and that looking at the call log entry in both places (the telephone button, and in Messages) would solve the problem, but now that you say that since you uninstalled BB Alerts and the problem stopped (and that you don't look in both places every time), there goes that idea.

If you do ever give it another go, I'd suggest 1) change the call log setting described above to None, and 2) trying temporarily to switch to a stock RIM theme (e.g. Dimension Zen) and seeing if the problem continues.
    -Klotar
    Supervising Manager of the Department of Redundancy Department.

AWDAWD no está en línea Stack level 1
    I have a VZW pearl and it works great.

My only beef is that when as soon as I touch anything on the phone the LED goes away. Its anoying because Im used to have blink red until I check the item to keep reminding me... and when you have 5 alerts come through its easy to forget about one or more.

powersb1 no está en línea Stack level 1
    How about the ability to have alerts set separately for "Level 1" messages, or more detail in the "Email Filters", such as the body of the msg. The "Level 1" settings would really work for me, and seems to fall in line with the other options availble when "Separate Profiles" is selected. I have filters setup to elevate certain msgs to Level 1, and have a profile that only alerts me to those, but am unable to do that with BBAlerts.

lucky13mt no está en línea Stack level 6
    PIN/ID
    N/A
    What happens if you have 3 different alerts set up and you get 3 different messages?

Which color shows, or do all of the colors flash?
    BlackBerry Rocks!<-Check it out!

Quote Originally Posted by lucky13mt View Post
    What happens if you have 3 different alerts set up and you get 3 different messages?

Which color shows, or do all of the colors flash?
    It goes through each color.
    Ive had a missed call, email and text unchecked. Itll rotate through each color of the alert till you clear it/touch the trackball. There's a setting for it to do this I belive also.

How about the ability to have alerts set separately for "Level 1" messages, or more detail in the "Email Filters", such as the body of the msg. The "Level 1" settings would really work for me, and seems to fall in line with the other options availble when "Separate Profiles" is selected. I have filters setup to elevate certain msgs to Level 1, and have a profile that only alerts me to those, but am unable to do that with BBAlerts.
    I havent messed w/ the email filters so Im not sure. Write the devloper of the program, he's usually pretty quick to answer.

PIN me up @ 2576B06B

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12