Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Ok, I have the latest and greatest OS for my Pearl 8130 (Verizon). I just ... 3rd Party BlackBerry Software forum

TBryant82 no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    31A42D60

BBAlerts Help!!

Advertisement

Ok, I have the latest and greatest OS for my Pearl 8130 (Verizon). I just purchased the BBAlerts and I'm having some issues.

I'm only getting the alert colors for the Emails and Missed calls. The Txt and PIN msgs are still blinking Red. Does anyone have any idea what I'm talking about and how i can fix this problem? Any help would be great! Thank you!

Klotar no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    207BADEB
    -Klotar
    Supervising Manager of the Department of Redundancy Department.

PIN/ID
    31A42D60
    yea, I downloaded the trial version a month ago and everything was working fine. I buy the latest App and now the SMS and PIN msgs aren't responding to the diff. colors.

beeshabo no está en línea Stack level 6
    The only thing I'd recommend you doing is a Battery Pull, then re-try!

Are you making sure that in your profiles you have your alerts (email, pin, sms etc etc) set to -
    Repeat Notification>None

PIN/ID
    31A42D60
    Yea, I set my SMS "Repeat Notification" to "None" and all that did was stopped the Red LED to blink when i got a text. I mean, I installed and re-installed and did soft resets to battery pulls, but it just wouldn't work. I emailed the guy from the website you gave me, i'm just wondering if anyone else with Verizon Pearl is having the same problem if they have the App.

needforspd no está en línea Stack level 3
    Quote Originally Posted by TBryant82 View Post
    Yea, I set my SMS "Repeat Notification" to "None" and all that did was stopped the Red LED to blink when i got a text. I mean, I installed and re-installed and did soft resets to battery pulls, but it just wouldn't work. I emailed the guy from the website you gave me, i'm just wondering if anyone else with Verizon Pearl is having the same problem if they have the App.
    Im using the trail version on my VZW 8130 and so far its works for email and SMS. PINs it hasnt though. And I havent missed a phone call so I dont know if thats working or not.
    IM BACK w/ a new BB 8220!

Do you have the need for speed? Then drive it like you stole it!

PIN me up @ 2576B06B

beeshabo no está en línea Stack level 6
    Hmmm...it may be something with Verizon then!! (maybe )

jasonroth no está en línea Stack level 2
    I am using the trial version on my sprint 8130 and everything seems to work fine, other than when i miss a call it doesnt clear the new message icon thing on the main screen. the only way i have found to get it to clear it is to clear all alerts in BBalerts and then do a battery pull. when my bb starts back up it is cleared. And that issue was enough for me to give up on BBalerts and just delete it. With my job i miss calls all the time, and so it becomes really annoying to have to do a battery pull so often

PIN/ID
    207BADEB
    Quote Originally Posted by TBryant82 View Post
    yea, I downloaded the trial version a month ago and everything was working fine. I buy the latest App and now the SMS and PIN msgs aren't responding to the diff. colors.
    Did you read and try the SMS troubleshooting section? It solved the problem for several others who had problems with SMS notification alerts.
    -Klotar

PIN/ID
    207BADEB
    Quote Originally Posted by jasonroth View Post
    I am using the trial version on my sprint 8130 and everything seems to work fine, other than when i miss a call it doesnt clear the new message icon thing on the main screen. the only way i have found to get it to clear it is to clear all alerts in BBalerts and then do a battery pull. when my bb starts back up it is cleared. And that issue was enough for me to give up on BBalerts and just delete it. With my job i miss calls all the time, and so it becomes really annoying to have to do a battery pull so often
    To clear your new message icon thing on your BB, you have to read the message(s). That said, since that sounded silly, often these non-clearing message icons are caused by certain themes. Are you using a custom theme or a stock RIM one? Are all permissions set to Allow?

If you miss a call, to clear it, you must view your call log (press the green telephone button on the left). Again, BB Alerts has nothing to do with your missed call notifications, new messages icons or your call log, BB Alerts has it's own call log.
    -Klotar

Quote Originally Posted by needforspd View Post
    Im using the trail version on my VZW 8130 and so far its works for email and SMS. PINs it hasnt though. And I havent missed a phone call so I dont know if thats working or not.
    Ok so the missed call doesnt work either. It blinks once and thats it.

PIN me up @ 2576B06B

bbymel no está en línea Stack level 1
    I will look into the PIN messages, it won't detect BlackBerry Messenger messages even though it is PIN to PIN but should detect direct PIN to PIN. However, it could be that the 8130 is a bit different for PIN to PIN.

PIN/ID
    31A42D60
    Yea I followed the instructions on the site you provided. It came down to emailing the guy. Just seems so odd I tried it a month ago and it worked perfectly. Looove the App and hopefully he can make it work for me, otherwise i'll have to request a refund. Again, no Verizon 8130 with this App is having any problems??

Quote Originally Posted by bbymel View Post
    I will look into the PIN messages, it won't detect BlackBerry Messenger messages even though it is PIN to PIN but should detect direct PIN to PIN. However, it could be that the 8130 is a bit different for PIN to PIN.
    Ahhhh that would explain why. I thought/expected it to detect BBM messages. I dont send or receive direct PIN msgs.

And have you thought of adding a feature to assign certain colors direct to phone numbers for sms and email addresses?

PIN me up @ 2576B06B

bbymel no está en línea Stack level 1
    Ahhhh that would explain why. I thought/expected it to detect BBM messages. I dont send or receive direct PIN msgs.

And have you thought of adding a feature to assign certain colors direct to phone numbers for sms and email addresses?
    Yes but that will be a later release, basically to allow exceptions to be created for each alert type would be good to have.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast