I stumbled upon this program online while checking posts on PS and really got excited ... 3rd Party BlackBerry Software forum

thbassman no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    ASKME4IT

Thumbs up BB Software Review-Guitar Trainer V 1.1.4

Advertisement

I stumbled upon this program online while checking posts on PS and really got excited about the program, only to find out the link I found here was broken. Just the few things I had read, game, string trainer, tuner, all in one BB software program. I, myself, saw great potential as I am a Bass Guitar player and am teaching myself to play guitar as well as my son. Then when I could not find it I was sad. So sad to the point I googled, it came across the website below, and the program I so wanted to try put out by Mr. Stéfane Peter.

The program is nice to say the least. Being such a BB addict as I am, I go nowhere without my pearl so it makes my traveling a bit lighter. One less piece of gear I have to have. The trainer/game modes make it easy to brush up on your noting skills and really challenge you to think fast (the game is based on how many notes you can guess right in a certain time).

The program has many great features such as:

- Trainer Mode

- Tuning Notes

- Multilanguage support

- Multi-instrument support (not just guitars, will tune a bass (4, 5, 6, 7-strings), Banjo, Mandolin, Ukulele, and Cavaquino (?), in just about any preference, Open E, etc.

- Left or Right-handed

- You can even set it to vibrate and not sound tones

- Control how many frets you want to use

- Even focus on a string, useful for say a bass player going from a 4-to a 5-string

All in all this is a great program, one that I am sure to use a lot to train my brain!

The only Cons I found were small:

- Volume of tuning tones is not loud enough in noisy areas such as warming up.

- Only other one is more of a suggestion for the program maker. If there is a way to use the BB mic to give a digital/analog readout on the plucked string, it would not matter how loud the sounding tones were. This stacker is not even sure it is possible but hey we all can dream!

www.mobiletutor.org
    THBASSMAN

Carpe Diem!!

thbassmanatpinstackdotcom

Check this out!!! Mobiletropolis

My TORCH Rocks!

bassvictim no está en línea Stack level 5
    PIN/ID
    HEAD
    Thats absolutely awesome! I did not know about this! will definitely be checking this out! Thanks alot Bassman - from one bassist to another - i really appreciate the heads up on this!
    "I am a robot, I like robots, I have a robot vagina." -JP,Grandma's boy

beeshabo no está en línea Stack level 6
    I've tried this out before, it's pretty kool!!

chokem no está en línea PINStacked!
    PIN/ID
    nada
    thanks for the heads up bassman!! Very Cool!!

PIN/ID
    ASKME4IT
    Yeah I really like it! I can't wait for the next update to see what all is coming next!
    THBASSMAN

Carpe Diem!!

My TORCH Rocks!

demonpkr no está en línea Stack level 1
    PIN/ID
    301BBC23
    Is this available anywhere for free or is it a `must pay for`application

PIN/ID
    ASKME4IT
    Quote Originally Posted by demonpkr View Post
    Is this available anywhere for free or is it a `must pay for`application
    If you go to the site there is a demo to dowmload absolutely free. It does have limitations in the demo, for instance the game only goes to 5 levels/frets. Its been a while since I had the demo, as I liked it so much I got the full version.

PIN/ID
    ASKME4IT
    The developer is real great on Cust service and responded to all Questions promptly. While I did not pay the tiny amount of 4.95$, as I did a software review for this site as well as another one I help to moderate, I think that is a very fair price for this awesome program! Hope this helps.... ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

PIN/ID
    ASKME4IT
    Just a quick update on this awesome app:

I went to the website when i needed to reload it after the death of my pearl, and there is a new version1.1.7. Will update on the differences as soon as I have had time to play a bit more!!!!
    THBASSMAN

Carpe Diem!!

My TORCH Rocks!