I have a BB 8703e and I am looking for a type of medical patient ... 3rd Party BlackBerry Software forum

jniowa no está en línea Stack level 2

BB Medical/Patient progams??

Advertisement

I have a BB 8703e and I am looking for a type of medical patient tracking program or something similar. I need a program that I could store patient names and dates/times of clinic visits but I need it to be password protected. Maybe something like a spread sheet type of format. Is there anything like this out there? Is there a way to password protect my calendar or specific calendar entries? Any suggestions or ideas would be very much appreciated.

azmoto no está en línea Stack level 2

Re: BB Medical/Patient progams??

Is encrypting the whole device not sufficient? With content protection on all PIM info in ecrypted so unlocking the unit would unlock your entries as well. I have about a 20 minute delay after I stop using the device which then locks iteslf. You can set it more or less. It might seem like a pain, but there is alot of important info on my device as well. If you upgrade to the 8830 it will encrypt the memory card as well so that if someone was to steal that even your photos would be safe.

jniowa no está en línea Stack level 2

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~Thank you for the reply. I'm not too sure how to encrypt it, is it just setting a password for the bb? Also is there a program like a spread sheet that I can manage on my bb. I'm using the memo pad and password keeper right now and its just a pain.

jmajluf no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    21ABC057

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~I am currently developing a patient tracking software with a partner (who has a database program for BB) and hopefully it will be ready soon.
    I'll let you know as soon as the beta is ready.

cwadams70 no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    319E8B43

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~
    I would be interested in trying the Beta as well. Thanks.

monica.simons no está en línea Stack level 6
    PIN/ID
    ASKME

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~ I am an emt and would also like to try that. I am having a hard time finding medical programs for my BB.. Help anyone?

DrusierDMD no está en línea Stack level 1

i would also be interested in testing and possibly purchasing later. I currently use gcal (for apts) and sync with my BB and have an excel spreadsheet to track pts on my laptop. It would be great if you could assign pictures to each entry. What other medical BB software is out there?

nateshiner no está en línea Stack level 2

Aren't there legal issues with storing patient data on a non-hospital/clinic device??? I suppose if the hospital/clinic provides the bb and app, then that's one thing, but isn't it a violation of hippa to store pt data on a personal device? ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

furtive no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    7a47e9f3

It's not HIPPA, it's HIPAA.

Encryption on a device with PHI (patient health info) satisfies the requirements for safe harbor so you should be safe from liability in the event that the device goes missing and it has PHI on it.

I'd be very leery of putting PHI on a BB without some self-destruct mechanism (enter the pw 3x incorrectly, wipe the data) and a decent encryption method.

PIN/ID
    21ABC057
    We're still working on an MS Access based database for patient tracking and will be able to sync with the BB. Hopefully we can begin the beta in the next couple of weeks.
    If anyone is interested on what I am doing now I'll tell you. I'm an MD and work in Lima, Peru. I have a solo practice so that helps when it comes to legal issues and stuff like that. I was Palm addcit for over 10 years and used Patient Keeper until they stopped supporting the personal version. This happened very close to the time I changed to BB. Enough of rambling. I use MS Outook for scheduling and use the note area to write my notes. I also use Business contact Manager which is a plugin for Outlook where I can link every single event with a patient (emails, phone calls, office visits, hospital admissions....). I hope that I will be able to transfer all that data to access when we put out the app becuase i've been doing this forover 2 years. If anyone is interested in more info please contact me.

chatster18 no está en línea Stack level 5
    PIN/ID
    ASK
    Interested...PMing now
    it's always greener with the other carrier...

PIN/ID
    21ABC057

PatientBerry

Hi all.
    I've been toying with the idea for a while and fortunately I am finally getting it done...
    I am in the process of developing a Patient Tracking App for the BlackBerry. The app will reside on the device and will have a web-based counter-part which will make data entry easier and it will sync the data OTA. It will interact with the built-in PIMs (calendar, address book, todo, phone, email) and it will provide the security the BB is known to have.
    The app will be ready, hopefully, by December 2009 and I will need some beta testers.
    If you are interested in testing the app or have questions, feature suggestions, requirements, please get in touch with me (info@patientberry.com).
    Thanks and hope to hear from you soon.