I went to download Blackberry Maps because Poynt won't work with Google Maps and lo ... 3rd Party BlackBerry Software forum

ablefton no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    24a0f56c

Question BB Maps doesn't work on AT&T??

Advertisement

I went to download Blackberry Maps because Poynt won't work with Google Maps and lo and behold Blackberry Maps announces it doesn't work on AT&T. Does anyone know about this and is there any word why, or if AT&T will (sometime) work with BB Maps?

Strange??!!
    -------------------------------
    Andrew (Gaithersburg, MD)

ryatziv no está en línea Stack level 1
    Although it says on the website that BBMaps won't work, download it anyway. It works just fine. ATT does this because they have a deal with Telenav.

jblackfish no está en línea PINStacked!
    I think AT&T blocks it because they want you to use their GPS navigation program. Some AT&T user can verify this.

UPDATE: We posted at the same time and I'm corrected in the previous post. Thanks.
    For every complex problem there is a solution, that is simple, neat, .....and wrong! (H. L. Mencken) jblackfish(at)pinstack(dot)com

ceschab no está en línea Stack level 1
    Quote Originally Posted by ablefton View Post
    I went to download Blackberry Maps because Poynt won't work with Google Maps and lo and behold Blackberry Maps announces it doesn't work on AT&T. Does anyone know about this and is there any word why, or if AT&T will (sometime) work with BB Maps?

Strange??!!
    I download it onto my ATT 8310 and it works just fine. I downloaded OTA but no reason it shouldn't work using your PC

glatech no está en línea Stack level 1
    Where can I download BB maps?~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

jsaradhi no está en línea Stack level 3
    download it from here

i use it on at&t and it works...the only thing is u will have to install it via desktop manager...and not ota or thru the browser/active x control.

i uninstalled poynt as i need two programs to do what windows live search does...i do like bb maps as it loads maps the fastest...

sanzen71 no está en línea Stack level 3
    There is a similar post when the 8310 first came out.I don't have the exact post but it is possible just upload thru DM and you'll be fine. ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

hoosierdaddynow no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    249f8227
    You can go to this link. Thank reddog.
    http://blackberryforums.pinstack.com...light=maps+att

ceschab no está en línea Stack level 1
    Quote Originally Posted by jsaradhi View Post
    download it from here

i use it on at&t and it works...the only thing is u will have to install it via desktop manager...and not ota or thru the browser/active x control.

i uninstalled poynt as i need two programs to do what windows live search does...i do like bb maps as it loads maps the fastest...
    I was able to download OTA onto my AT&T 8310 with no problems.