Guys I bought a GPS Bluetooth recevier for my BB Pearl 8100. I opened BB ... 3rd Party BlackBerry Software forum

leowerp no está en línea Stack level 1

BB Maps & google maps

Advertisement

Guys

I bought a GPS Bluetooth recevier for my BB Pearl 8100. I opened BB Maps, paired the GPS receiver succesfully. I only see diagonal lines , though I can see the number os satellites the GPS is acquirirng data from (around 8). I can't see any maps at all, just the lines. I have a data plan. Carrier: ATT
    Black berry OD. 4.2
    Any idea on how to make it work?
    I tried downloading google maps straight into the phone. I donwloaded it, thenit prompted me to run the app but it just locked the blackberry and never ran.

Thanks for your help.

Don LuiG no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    ask
    ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~att tryes to block bb maps and thats prob why is not working theres is a way to disable that i dont have the instructions at the moment but since am using my phone at the moment but maybe somebody froma compuetr can direct you to that link if not i will send it to you later today

jblackfish no está en línea PINStacked!
    leowerp,

Also welcome to Pinstack. Although you provided good info with your question you might update your profile with it so you won't have to give the specific info out every time you ask a question. Other users will look there to get the needed info.

I think you might have an AT&T issue. It seems that they block some things like this - because they offer a GPS system themselves and want you to use it. I could be wrong but I answered because you haven't had an answer in an hour and this will bump the question for you.

You might start by checking with AT&T CS to see if they have an answer to: Can I do this?

Also, maybe an AT&T user can confirm this - any AT&T users ready to help?

UPDATE: 2 answers at once, who knew.
    For every complex problem there is a solution, that is simple, neat, .....and wrong! (H. L. Mencken) jblackfish(at)pinstack(dot)com

Don LuiG no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    ask
    ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

Here you go check out this treat it will give you all the info you need on how to delete or edit the file so bb is enable on your phone

http://blackberryforums.pinstack.com...d_t_curve.html

I can I enable BB Maps on ATT DOn LuiG?

Sorry (typo) How can I enable BB Mpas on ATT?

I bought my BB unlocked. Originally it was from T-mobile. It should let me access BB Maps right?

DOn LuiG, the solution provided is for BB 8800. Would this work for BB 8100?