Does anyone know if any of the BB are compatable W/ACT software. Apparently it is ... 3rd Party BlackBerry Software forum

thbassman no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    ASKME4IT

BB Compatable with ACT software PLEASE READ!!

Advertisement

Does anyone know if any of the BB are compatable W/ACT software. Apparently it is used on Palms and I have a potential BB customer who would like to know, as he uses this ACT software to manage his contacts currently. Please reply ASAP if there are any mods around!

jestar15 no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    400DD044

Re: BB Compatable with ACT software PLEASE READ!!

Desktop Manager should allow you to chose ACT as a translator for the BB. When you're in the option to Configure PIM and you highlight Address Book and select OK, ACT should be listed.

thbassman no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    ASKME4IT

thanks for the info-will pass it along to my customer!

LoriF no está en línea Stack level 1

Quote Originally Posted by thbassman
    Does anyone know if any of the BB are compatable W/ACT software. Apparently it is used on Palms and I have a potential BB customer who would like to know, as he uses this ACT software to manage his contacts currently. Please reply ASAP if there are any mods around!
    You can link all BB models to ACT! with a PDA link from Companionlink. It's cheap, works great (I've had mine for several years, different models) and can be set up on a wireless sync as well. You can save $5 by using coupon code AV9500.

nealpolshuk no está en línea Stack level 3

I agree that companionlink is a better solution. With Companionlink, you can choose to sync only certain 'Groups' in your ACT database as opposed to the whole database.(Which you have to do if you use the desktop manager.

We have a shared act database. Thus, I used this feature to simply get 'my' reacords to sync with my bb. I created a group in Act called 'My BB' and assigned membership to any contact I wanted to sync into the bb. I then set up companionlink to only sync with those records in that group. It works flawlessly.

jonnyk110 no está en línea Stack level 1

Yes, ACT contacts and calendar entries can be linked to your BB. I use CampanionLink. But, I do not think your customer will like that lack of functions available using BB calendar and address book.

The only problem is the BB calendar and address book are not linked together. For example:

When viewing a BB contact record, I cannot schedule an activity with this record.

When viewing a date on the BB calendar, I cannot select a contact from the address book and schedule an activity.

If I had a meeting scheduled in ACT on my PC, and it was sync'd onto my BB. I cannot clear that activity and add notes from the meeting.

The only thing these linking/Sync programs do with ACT is take the contact and calendar info and put it into the BB address book and BB calendar.

Prior to my BB, I had ACT for Palm on my Palm Zire 72. This sync'd with ACT 6.0 on my desktop and was a fully funtional mobile CSM program.

I have been through every BB forum I can find to see what 3rd party programs would give me the same functionality as ACT for Palm.

Any help out there would be appreciated!

jonnky110

riy
    riy no está en línea Stack level 1

Look at handheldcontact.com
    Quote Originally Posted by jonnyk110 View Post
    Yes, ACT contacts and calendar entries can be linked to your BB. I use CampanionLink. But, I do not think your customer will like that lack of functions available using BB calendar and address book.

The only problem is the BB calendar and address book are not linked together. For example:

When viewing a BB contact record, I cannot schedule an activity with this record.

When viewing a date on the BB calendar, I cannot select a contact from the address book and schedule an activity.

If I had a meeting scheduled in ACT on my PC, and it was sync'd onto my BB. I cannot clear that activity and add notes from the meeting.

The only thing these linking/Sync programs do with ACT is take the contact and calendar info and put it into the BB address book and BB calendar.

Prior to my BB, I had ACT for Palm on my Palm Zire 72. This sync'd with ACT 6.0 on my desktop and was a fully funtional mobile CSM program.

I have been through every BB forum I can find to see what 3rd party programs would give me the same functionality as ACT for Palm.

Any help out there would be appreciated!

jonnky110