Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Ehhhhh... I have found it to be a blessing and a curse in newark. When ... 3rd Party BlackBerry Software forum

nateshiner no está en línea Stack level 2

Advertisement

Ehhhhh... I have found it to be a blessing and a curse in newark. When u bring up the barcode before arriving at the airport, u have to leave it on that webpage. So no browsing while waiting around to board (tabbed browsing would fix this).

for all of you who realize that you could just do select mode on the page and save the picture of the barcode to your photo album, yes that's possible, and I've done it, but here's the catch... When they scan at security, the scanner always works and reads off (on the scanner's digital display) your passenger info for the security agent to verify against your drivers license. However, at the gate, continental's scanners never, never work on the blackberry, and the agents rely on seeing your seat and flight number on that webpage to confirm that u can board the plane. So if u only saved the pic of the barcode, then you're screwed and they get mad and have to check your ID, go to the computer, print out a boarding pass... And meanwhile everyone is standing behind you in line waiting to board the plane.

Oh, and trying to go back to the website after it's given u the barcode once--tried it. Doesn't work.

Overall it's a neat program but very much in need of some extra work. The employees hate using it, and half the time it doesn't work or takes more time.

If the scanners at the gate worked and you could return to the webpage that has your barcode, then it would be fine.

I understand delta and/or american will soon start testing this too.

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

ashain_boy no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    Just for the heck of it I will try it with southwest airlines and see if they accept it. Lol

I hope that I don't start massive confusion with it lol .... That would suk bigtime ....

Soon, blackberries could be used at a pasport watch lol .... Amazing technology ....

ashain_boy no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    To nateshiner ...

Couldn't you just save the page instead of just saving the image ... That would help ... You could just save the page and continue browsing and when you need it, just go to your saved pages and bring it back up ...

Wouldn't this work?

scrybe no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    Mine was sent as an email. All I did was just reopen the email, click on the link, and it downloaded the image again.

nateshiner no está en línea Stack level 2
    Quote Originally Posted by ashain_boy View Post
    To nateshiner ...

Couldn't you just save the page instead of just saving the image ... That would help ... You could just save the page and continue browsing and when you need it, just go to your saved pages and bring it back up ...

Wouldn't this work?
    Yah I forgot to address that. When I tried it once (I had printed out a boarding pass that time as a backup just in case), the saved page only came back with all the text.

That did surprise me because other times saved pages had kept the pictures. I think I will revisit this method on my next flight. Maybe it was a one-time fluke.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12