Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

I have heard about reports of people using their bbs and pdas as boarding passes ... 3rd Party BlackBerry Software forum

ashain_boy no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID

BB boarding pass

Advertisement

I have heard about reports of people using their bbs and pdas as boarding passes and was wondering if you can actually use it today... I am flying to sacramento in two days and my printer is kinda ... lost lol. So can I use my bb for southwest airlines? I will just check in with my blackberry and save the page with the barcode ....But before I do, can I do this?

magellan0547 no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    242E7D27
    Never heard of this but it would be very cool and eco-friendly as many travelers are business travelers and probably have a BB or PDA supplied by their company...I will google this in the morning and reply with my findings ~via BB~

Jbee no está en línea Stack level 5
    PIN/ID
    3047D925
    I thought I saw a post or article on this somewhere, but age has me baffled as to where. I will tried to dig it up and get back w/you.
    ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

PIN/ID
    3047D925
    Here it is: http://blackberryforums.pinstack.com...=boarding+pass

Good ole' Hayden.
    ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

daveyboi no está en línea Stack level 3
    With southwest, I was able to check in. You will still have to go to kiosk and print out a boarding pass though
    Proud owner of a 8700g and a 8320

magellan0547 no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    242E7D27
    that's because the digital boarding pass has only been rolled out in Houston Texas on Continental Airlines in the US...however there are articles stating that in Air Canada does so as well...until the system is perfected and reliable it won't be rolled out to other airports or airlines for about another 3-6 months...the article says 3 but we know how these deadlines go...hope this helps

http://www.rimarkable.com/continenta...oarding-passes
    http://www.usatoday.com/travel/fligh...ing-pass_N.htm
    http://www.blackberrycool.com/2007/09/24/005707/

Karpfish24 no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    243fd52f
    ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~there was an article somewhere about a guy using his iphone to do this. Ill trey to find it.

scrybe no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    I've done it, with a flight in Canada on Air Canada. Pretty cool, just flashing your blackberry to the attendant. It has a funky barcode like image, though the person at the gate just looked at the text information underneath it and waved me on. This was in Toronto.

TorturedNacho no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    208EB87C
    Thats awesome, I mean I dont fly often, but thats just cool stuff!

jimpilot no está en línea Stack level 2

Thumbs up Boarding Pass

From the Continental Web Site:

Mobile Boarding Pass option is currently available for Houston departures (Terminals B, C and E only), Newark Liberty departures, Boston departures and Washington, D.C. departures from Ronald Reagan Washington National Airport. Customers have the option of Mobile Boarding on nonstop domestic flights and this option is only for single travelers.
    Now when you check in for your flight, you can choose to receive your boarding pass electronically on your mobile phone or PDA. Just display your barcode at the security checkpoint and when boarding your flight, and you're on your way.

Continental is the first U.S. carrier to test paperless boarding passes. The paperless boarding pass pilot program is consistent with the global standard of the International Air Transport Association for bar coding of passenger boarding passes.
    This program also heightens the ability to detect fraudulent boarding passes while improving customer service and reducing paper use.

Leetneo no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    316D16C7
    http://www.aircanada.com/en/travelin...obile/mci.html

found that....looks cool, might have to take my next flight out on Air Canada....

krikor222 no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    3022BBE5
    Quote Originally Posted by ashain_boy View Post
    I have heard about reports of people using their bbs and pdas as boarding passes and was wondering if you can actually use it today... I am flying to sacramento in two days and my printer is kinda ... lost lol. So can I use my bb for southwest airlines? I will just check in with my blackberry and save the page with the barcode ....But before I do, can I do this?
    I would highly suggest calling your Airline to confirm.
    Shawn K.

Device: BlackBerry Curve 8330 v4.5.0.56
    Carrier: Bell Mobility (Canada)
    PIN: 3022BBE5

Leetneo no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    316D16C7
    Quote Originally Posted by krikor222 View Post
    I would highly suggest calling your Airline to confirm.

x2

DiamondD2506 no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    *Ask*
    Wow!! I guess i missed this the first time it was brought up by Hayden....this would be a great alternative to paper boarding passes!!! No line to print, no seperation from your BB......
    *CLASSY, not TRASHY*

PIN/ID
    3047D925
    Quote Originally Posted by DiamondD2506 View Post
    Wow!! I guess i missed this the first time it was brought up by Hayden....this would be a great alternative to paper boarding passes!!! No line to print, no seperation from your BB......
    No bb seperation is the best

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast