You can get it HERE

hoosierdaddynow no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    249f8227
    Thanks

mjwood0 no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    Ask Me!
    It can be found on Handango but it's not an OTA download.

Edited to add: I'm late to the party on this one!
    As always, just my opinion...
    mjwood0 (at) pinstack (.) com
    Remove PTT | OS Upgrade

Klotar no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    207BADEB
    Although at first it might have bothered me that Blackberry Alerts didn't keep notifying you until the action it was notifying you of was performed -- that is, that BB Alerts LED flashing would stop if you clicked the trackball -- but it doesn't any more.

If you stop to think about it, if I'm holding the phone (which I would have to be to click the trackball) or unholstering the phone, I don't need the LED flashing to tell me I have to do something. It's only if I haven't touched the phone yet or if the phone is holstered, that I might need to see the LED flashing to tell me I have to unholster the phone or wake it up by clicking the trackball.

If I'm holding the phone in my hands, the BB screen tells me what I need to know, via the icons for new email, new sms, missed phone call, voicemail, calendar event, BB Messenger, etc. etc. At that point, I don't need the LED to flash -- I can see what I've missed.

While BB Alert's multi-colour flashing LED's are what makes the application stand out, it also does vibrate / tone notification (yeah, we all know this). But I have my BB Alert settings in each profile to vibrate once for each reminder, and the actual event to vibrate twice for the original event. So, if I feel 2 vibes, it may be say an incoming phone call, new email or new sms, but if I feel 1 vibe, it's a missed call or email or sms reminder notification. I generally can't see the phone anyways to see the LED when I'm wearing it, so it doesn't bother me at all not to see what colour it happens to be.

However, if I am not wearing the phone and it's sitting on my desk, then I can see the LED (even when holstered) and if it's flashing that I missed a new email, I pick the phone up and click the trackball to wake up the screen. I don't need it to keep flashing to tell me I missed an email, I already know that when I picked up the phone.

My point, I suppose, is that if I am already holding the phone in my hand, I don't need an LED to see what I'm being notified of. If, on the other hand, the notification stopped without me touching the phone -- which incidentally the Blackberry does anyways after ~20 minutes, WITHOUT BB Alerts installed -- then that'd be a different story. I'd then have a missed event and the phone would fail to notify me of it. BB Alerts, on the other hand, continues to notify me until I click the trackball or I unholster it. Which, is what I got the program for in the first place.
    -Klotar
    Supervising Manager of the Department of Redundancy Department.

PIN/ID
    Ask Me!
    You make a very valid point. My situation is slightly different since I spend a good deal of my day in meetings and other locations where a silent phone is required. (And from experience, I can safely say that the vibrate feature is not silent. In fact, everyone in the room will turn and look when they hear a phone vibrate.)

I'm 100% in agreement with you regarding the alerts stopping once I pick up the phone and click the trackball. However, I really wish it wouldn't cancel BBAlerts when unholstered. The backlight turns off after a couple seconds when I unholster the phone and I really would rather it continue to alert me. That way, when I leave a meeting, I can simply pop the phone out of the holster, take a glance at the LED and know what's going on.

As it stands now, what usually happens is that I leave a meeting, grab my phone and have to go through the trouble of unlocking it just to see what's going on. I realize that I could probably get by with just hitting the trackball and viewing what's been missed from the lock screen, but either I get a lot of incoming stuff or I read really really slow. Either way, the backlight usually turns off before I have a chance to take it all in.

Then again, to see what calls I missed or who e-mailed me, I'd have to unlock anyway... It's really a toss up I think!

Thanks for the detailed response. I originally had problems with this program, but getting Version 1.69 from the developers site really seemed to fix things for me.
    Last edited by mjwood0; 03-27-2008 at 06:56 AM. Reason: Typos
    Remove PTT | OS Upgrade

jsheets no está en línea Stack level 1
    mjwood0 - can you tell me where you found v1.69? My current paid version is 1.4. That's what I'm seeing on Handango, as well.
    Thanks

PIN/ID
    207BADEB
    Good point on the alerts shutting off when unholstering. And I keep forgetting that I am untypical in one important respect, that being that I don't lock my phone. I also keep forgetting that I have a holster that I can see the LED status without removing the phone from the holster. While I was intentionally playing advocate in my reply, I forgot these two points are untypical for business users. I also, until recently, had removed my sleeper magnets from my holsters (for two reasons, alerts shutting off when unholstering, and to allow my BB Profile Scheduler to execute keystroke injection to change profiles automatically throughout the day).

I had spoken to the author a few weeks ago about alerts shutting off (yes yes, even though I was playing advocate, I secretly wanted the alerts not to shut off), he replied that it was intentional, and possibly an option could be programmed to not have the alert shut off after unholstering.

Shall I follow up on that?
    Last edited by Klotar; 04-04-2008 at 09:34 PM. Reason: Typos
    -Klotar

PIN/ID
    Ask Me!
    Quote Originally Posted by jsheets View Post
    mjwood0 - can you tell me where you found v1.69? My current paid version is 1.4. That's what I'm seeing on Handango, as well.
    Thanks
    The Author is quite active on other forums. I won't post links, but a google search will show that he's continuing development very actively and releases updates regularly.

I'm not sure if paying for 1.4 will allow you to update to 1.69 or not. I'll have to find that out. Since I'm in trial mode, I really don't want to purchase and have to downgrade. Actually, I'm not really sure how much new functionality there is between 1.4 and 1.69. The things I noticed is that it allows for having alerts specific to e-mail filters that you can setup. I haven't played with it, but it looks really promising!
    Remove PTT | OS Upgrade

PIN/ID
    Ask Me!
    Quote Originally Posted by Klotar View Post
    I had spoken to the author a few weeks ago about alerts shutting off (yes yes, even though I was playing advocate, I secretly wanted the alerts not to shut off), he replied that it was intentional: "What did you have in mind for the unholstering? That was actually done on purpose but if you like I could simply add an option to have unholstering not cancel the alert.".

Shall I follow up on that?
    I'd appreciate that. I wouldn't mind if they went away after I unlocked the phone, but having them leave as I pick up the phone (such as out of the holster) creates an issue.

Thanks for your help!
    Remove PTT | OS Upgrade

ptukhar no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    21BC47C7
    Quote Originally Posted by mjwood0 View Post
    The Author is quite active on other forums. I won't post links, but a google search will show that he's continuing development very actively and releases updates regularly.

I'm not sure if paying for 1.4 will allow you to update to 1.69 or not. I'll have to find that out. Since I'm in trial mode, I really don't want to purchase and have to downgrade. Actually, I'm not really sure how much new functionality there is between 1.4 and 1.69. The things I noticed is that it allows for having alerts specific to e-mail filters that you can setup. I haven't played with it, but it looks really promising!
    latest version is 1.65. At least that is the latest I can download.

akira751 no está en línea Stack level 2
    Quote Originally Posted by ptukhar View Post
    latest version is 1.65. At least that is the latest I can download.
    So when I buy it thats the version I will get??

PIN/ID
    207BADEB
    Quote Originally Posted by akira751 View Post
    So when I buy it thats the version I will get??
    The key will work on any version... from the one you have, to the one you upgrade to. 1.49 is the last official release, 1.65 is the most recent unofficial release, you download that from the author's site:

http://bbymel.servebbs.com/latest/BlackBerryAlerts.jad

Case sensitive.

Edit: that's an OTA link, not desktop browser link.
    -Klotar

jwhite82 no está en línea Stack level 1
    PIN/ID
    24B19EF6
    ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~ how do I get full version of blackberry alerts? Went to register in the alerts menu and tells: Enter registration key from www.handango.com for corresponding PIN number, each BlackBerry has a unique PIN number.
    The registration key is a 5 digit number, enter it and exit and save this screen

PIN/ID
    Ask Me!
    You have to go to Handango and purchase the registration key. I've never actually purchased from Handango yet (will be purchasing BB Alerts this weekend) but I hear it's pretty easy.

Good luck!
    Remove PTT | OS Upgrade

srta42nata no está en línea Stack level 1
    hey;
    im new at this, but i really want this program (bbalerts) where can i get it do you have a link?

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast