I just downloaded Google Sync to my BB 8330. For some reason, the events in ... 3rd Party BlackBerry Software forum

TheHotCops no está en línea Stack level 1

BB 8330 won't upload events to Google Calendar

Advertisement

I just downloaded Google Sync to my BB 8330. For some reason, the events in my Blackberry's calendar aren't appearing in my Google Calendar. Google Calendar events do appear in my Blackberry calendar, however.

I thought it was a two-way synchronization.

thecoolfool no está en línea Stack level 3
    I just tried it and it did work. But it seems like it didn't work unless I select Google Sync from my BB calendar and then select Sync Now. When the updating popup came up it seemed like it didn't finish synchronizing until I backed out of the Google Sync app. Hope this helps.
    Holler at me if you need some fresh ringtones.

Okay, this is weird: When I create an event in my BB now, after I downloaded the app, it appears in Google Calendar. Just the events I created before I downloaded the app don't appear. Any way to fix this?
    Last edited by TheHotCops; 06-26-2008 at 08:25 PM.

yettiman2208 no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    ASK
    as far as i know there is no way to upload previous events to gcal; however there is a roundabout way, sync you BB to oulook then sync outlook to gcal. i am pretty sure outlook and gcal sync all previous items as well, or there is an option or something. also this keeps all three calendars updated OTA; how nice!

tbhuang2 no está en línea Stack level 2
    what i've learned is that things sync over from new to old.

if you REALLY want to sync from your BB calendar OTA to the google one, you'll have to make it look like you added the events after installing the google sync app. to do this without actually meticulously recreating them, just use desktop manager to create a backup of the BB databases. then open the advanced backup editor and clear the calendar entries from the device, then open the backup you made and transfer the calendar entries (Calendar - All) to your device. your BB should now have all of your original entries, but it looks like you just created them!

the next time you run google sync, it will see all of your old events as new ones and it will upload them.

this kind of worked for me. i say kind of because it successfully recognized that it should upload all of my old events, however, i think it may have been too many events (i had about 88 or so) and the connection always failed in the middle of it. on top of that, any "All Day" events that did get uploaded had time zone issues, saying 7pm to 7pm the next day...

yeah, bad google sync experience for me, but maybe it will work for you! just try it. if not, just clear the google calendar and do what yettiman said above (it's actually what i do now, too because the All Day events show up correctly when uploaded from Outlook... very odd). good luck!

all in all, the google sync app is a GREAT idea in theory, but in my experience it's just buggy and doesn't work the way i want it to
    Last edited by tbhuang2; 06-27-2008 at 08:03 PM.

Thanks all. Fixed it. I just synced Outlook with GCal, then wiped all of my BB calendar data, then synced GCal with my BB.

josephcaraccio no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    31a987a7
    Thanks guys I was just having the same problem. This is such a pain in the neck!
    nonnasmyladie [@] vzw [Dot] blackberry [dot] net

PIN: 31a987a7