Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Originally Posted by bsjmcconnell I have a newer 8830 and I can tell you from ... 3rd Party BlackBerry Software forum

javatyger no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    U5W15H

Advertisement

Quote Originally Posted by bsjmcconnell View Post
    I have a newer 8830 and I can tell you from experience that the three finger method DOES NOT do the same as a battery pull.

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~
    What??? How??? It works perfectly for me - the "three finger salute" has always worked well for me.

javarican no está en línea Stack level 1
    I have a new 8830WE. No go with the "3 finger salute". It is only a soft reset.

javatyger no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    U5W15H
    Quote Originally Posted by javarican View Post
    I have a new 8830WE. No go with the "3 finger salute". It is only a soft reset.
    Maybe that's the problem: you have a 8830WE, not a Curve. The "three finger salute" works fine on a Curve.

zakz no está en línea Stack level 3
    Quote Originally Posted by Rcbjr View Post
    On the newer Qwerty Devices, the Alt+Cap+Del actually does the same as the Battery Pull. The Proof is the fact that it causes the Security Checks to run, and the Memory is freed up, which didn't always happen on the older devices.

Rcbjr

Yep, I second that.
    Another proof- when I download a program and it prompts me to reboot my device, at times I choose later. After finishing what I want to do I hit the three buttons and it fully resets the BB. How do I know it doesn't reset on its own later on when in my pocket or holster?..coz everytime I do a hard reset it messes up my icons on my today plus theme. on a 8310 that is.

KalebsDad78 no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID
    Just Ask
    Quote Originally Posted by javatyger View Post
    Maybe that's the problem: you have a 8830WE, not a Curve. The "three finger salute" works fine on a Curve.
    The three button reset works just fine on an 8830WE. I just moved to the Curve from the 8830 and the three-button reset worked just fine everytime.
    New User? - Read the NEW USERS GUIDE

Rcbjr no está en línea Stack Pro
    PIN/ID
    PM - Ask
    Quote Originally Posted by bsjmcconnell View Post
    I have a newer 8830 and I can tell you from experience that the three finger method DOES NOT do the same as a battery pull.

Are you saying that when you use the ALT+CAP+DEL, you don't get the Verifying Security Note and your Free memory doesn't increase? What version of Device Software are you running.

Rcbjr
    You Ask, We Will Answer
    Can’t Install theme via DM?No Additional Apps Found for Your Device
    Links to Usefull KB Articles

bsjmcconnell no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    4029C610
    I am running 4.2.2.196. I did test this today. I did the Alt, Cap, Del keys and none of my backround programs reset like ViiGo, I did the Battery pull and they did reset. Plus my free memory double after the Battery pull and only increased a small amount after the three finger salute.

Trust me I believe you guys understand and know Blackberry Smartphones much better than I do, but on my phone "Sprint 8830we" the Ctrl, Alt, Del key does not do the same thing as a battery pull.

Sorry for the disagreement.

acljoe no está en línea Stack level 1
    OP has an 8330, which has 4.3, which means the 3 finger salute will work.

For those of you who keep blasting post, it will not work on your 8830 cause you have an older version of the software (not 4.3)

OP does not have to install any app, and can use the 3 finger salute. End of the story.

Paian no está en línea Stack level 3
    haha 3 finger salute...

yes the 3FS solve everything... which make me wonder why the hell Pearl dont have that feature!

S2K ON 2 no está en línea Stack level 3
    Quote Originally Posted by KalebsDad78 View Post
    I understand the difference. The OP asked about a soft reset. The button combination does that and you do not need a program.
    negatory. the program was called "SoftReset" but i wanted to do a hard reset to clear up memory.

but thanks all for the 3FS

Mosdefin no está en línea Stack level 2
    I'm not sure if this is just me, but I have an 8330 (4.3) and when I did the 3FS it reverted my theme back to the vzw default.

via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12