I thought i read somewhere that there was an app to check your bank balance. ... 3rd Party BlackBerry Software forum

brettxw no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    Ask

Banking software

Advertisement

I thought i read somewhere that there was an app to check your bank balance. Did I read correctly? anyone know what im talking about / where i can find it?

Sirthinks no está en línea Stack level 5
    PIN/ID
    2831A313
    There is a program called Bankarama.

I don't know how good it is. I will install it and play with it.

Edit: It's crap!

Why not just go to your bank's website and see if it has a mobile site? I am one click and a password from my bank balance on all my BB devices at all times.
    Last edited by Sirthinks; 01-01-2009 at 05:09 AM.
    If you want to make an apple pie from scratch, you must first create the universe. - Carl Sagan

AngelJo008 no está en línea Stack level 2
    yes there is, PageOnce. Great app. You can also check Credit Cards and other accounts all in once place. Very secure as well. Been using it for over a year on the iPhone.

jblackfish no está en línea PINStacked!
    Brett, I agree with sirthinks. Try your bank web site 1st to see if they allow online banking - MANY of them do and they probably have good security set up for their customers too!
    For every complex problem there is a solution, that is simple, neat, .....and wrong! (H. L. Mencken) jblackfish(at)pinstack(dot)com

Tre Lawrence no está en línea Developer
    Agreed: check the bank mobile site (if implemented).

I used to use SplashMoney on Palm; I finally got around to reviewing the BB port this week. In any case, Splash did (and still) syncs with my bank account wirelessly OTA. So that worked perfectly. Splash Doesn't work with ALL banks, but a lot of the major ones.
    So, for now, I use Splash and Yodlee Money mobile to manage all my accounts. Yodlee is a free account aggregator. Works great on BB.

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

simonintx no está en línea Stack level 2
    what is the cost of pageonce? I don't see it on the site.

jblackfish no está en línea PINStacked!
    You guys banking over your phone - make sure you're software has some kind of encryption. They don't call these devices "radios" for nothing. All this is transmitted over the air waves.

I always try to be a little cautious about what I transmit having been the victim of identity theft twice.
    For every complex problem there is a solution, that is simple, neat, .....and wrong! (H. L. Mencken) jblackfish(at)pinstack(dot)com

I installed pageonce and it's not exactly Storm compatible. It only uses half the screen, the keyboard won't go away, won't go to landscape mode and it's quirky about using the touchscreen. I like the idea of the app but I'm not sure about paying $4.95 a month for it when it's a little hard to use on the Storm.

I also tried Yodlee but I don't see an app for it. I guess you can only check it online? Is that correct? I prefer having an app. I guess I will keep pageonce for a few days and see if it's worth the 5 bucks a month.
    Last edited by simonintx; 01-01-2009 at 03:46 PM. Reason: added information

Sirthinks no está en línea Stack level 5
    PIN/ID
    2831A313
    Quote Originally Posted by simonintx View Post
    I installed pageonce and it's not exactly Storm compatible. It only uses half the screen, the keyboard won't go away, won't go to landscape mode and it's quirky about using the touchscreen. I like the idea of the app but I'm not sure about paying $4.95 a month for it when it's a little hard to use on the Storm.

I also tried Yodlee but I don't see an app for it. I guess you can only check it online? Is that correct? I prefer having an app. I guess I will keep pageonce for a few days and see if it's worth the 5 bucks a month.
    I'm too cheap for that. I can't see taking hard earned cash out of my bank just to check how much I have in the bank.

My bank is saved in my Bookmarks. One click and an 8 digit password, I have a FREE update of what is in my account.
    If you want to make an apple pie from scratch, you must first create the universe. - Carl Sagan

Safiy no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    304d0ac5

Safiy no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    304d0ac5
    Oops take the "via" off~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

Well pageonce is a lot more than just checking a bank account. You can add banks, credit cards, utilities, frequent flier miles, investments accounts etc etc.

I also found that you can pay a one time fee of $30 instead of paying a monthly fee. I found out it's not exactly Storm compatible yet but they hope to come out with a Storm version in early 2009. It works ok for now I guess. If you want to pay the one time fee instead, the link is http://store.handmark.com/p/108572/P...r-Blackberry/-.

Pageonce seems to be eerily similar to Yodlee.

Looks good, though.

Actually, Pageonce does sound great. It does do the same exact thing that Yodlee does, but you can't beat a dedicated interface for BB. I wonder what type of footprint (KB/MB) it comes with?