I like to keep my balance of my money on my Blackberry. I used to ... 3rd Party BlackBerry Software forum

benthabits no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID

Thumbs down Banking Software

Advertisement

I like to keep my balance of my money on my Blackberry. I used to use splashmoney on my PDA, but since I upgraded to my Blackberry I was hoping that I could just use software on there.. enter in my transactions , see what has cleared...what hasn't cleared and know how much money I had (or didn't have).

So my first item I'm going to tell you all about is:

Ascendo Money for BlackBerry
    When I first downloaded this, I really thought it was going to be my answer. I had downloaded many trials from other sofware that just didn't have what I was looking for. I entered in all my information and it was doing good! Then while cross checking Ascendo with my bank account, I sorted by paid transactions......this was the first glitch I found! When sorting by what was paid on the desktop application, it would take other transactions and mark them paid or not paid! I thought I could deal with it because all the other apps didn't even come close to what this could do!

Today is where my heartbreak comes into play! I transferred money from one account to the other... and low and behold....Im over $3000 overdrawn!!!

I searched and searched trying to see where the error had occurred....I can not find it.... this happened at around 5PM my time...its now 8:55PM and I still can not locate what happened!

My entire reason for downloading banking software was to free up my time....I didn't want to sit around and try to balance my checkbook..... now I have wasted so much time trying to figure out what Ascendo did to my account!

I'm not at a total loss...because I can write and do math....but I'm deleting the software and trying to get my money back.

I also downloaded Mobile Checkbook 3.5 to see if it would be better... and well... they don't have a paid and pending column, so its worthless to me. Although the over all look was WAY better then Ascendo...it just doesnt work how I need it to!

I'm not sure if you guys have used any of these programs, or what your experience is with them......but I wont be using Ascendo Money for BlackBerry again....unless they can work out those bugs!

Now, I'm going to have to carry around my PDA again...or kill more tree's because there is NO Banking software that I'm aware of that is worth putting on my Blackberry!

Maybe someone here can make a better app...maybe the people from Splash Money will come out with an app...I would trust them since I never had one issue with my PDA software.

Sorry for the long rant......I just wanted to share my experience with Ascendo Money for BlackBerry and a little about Mobile Checkbook, since they don't offer a trail and the product information was that informative!

PIN/ID
    Sorry for my horrible writing skills

chatster18 no está en línea Stack level 5
    PIN/ID
    ASK
    Wow that sucks...did you tell the bank what happend? Usually they will refund the over-draft fee...

Man that sucks though!
    it's always greener with the other carrier...

summerhowell no está en línea Stack level 3
    I am using Jabplite for my 3 credit card accounts and my banking and savings accounts. I got it free from blackberrydownloads dot com.

Its been working like a dream for me. I've had it for a couple months now.

evanpelt no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    318278B3
    Im very sorry to hear of your mishap.... I too have been thinking of banking software that could push changes to my 8830 about any activity to my account. You would think somebody would develop this software and especially for the BB. They (BB) claim their reasons for developing changes to software and new apps are based on the fact that they are the "BUSINESS" minded phone. Well.... Hello!!!!! I would think banking would definitely fall in to that category....
    Thank you for your experience with this software. I think maybe there might be a new market to be had!!!!
    As far as any kind of apology for your input? No worries.... You're inflection couldn't be better. I will keep my eyes open and post information if I find something that works well.... Doubt it will happen soon though. Seems like most people are concerned about streaming video and picture taking. Well, they better enjoy it!!! I work in the security department on a very "involved" level. There may be a time sooner than later you will not be able to take a phone (with a camera) in certain locations "aside from the workplace"!!! Food for thought people....
    Back to the subject (sorry) Thanks again for your post and take care!!!!! =)

PIN/ID
    Quote Originally Posted by chatster18 View Post
    Wow that sucks...did you tell the bank what happend? Usually they will refund the over-draft fee...

Man that sucks though!

Sorry to give the wrong impression, this actually didnt happen with my bank, its just the sofware saying Im broke... but Im not.. I wouldnt go that far, it was just a glitch and the sofware so it forgot how to do math! Im not really overdrawn.. just my blackberry thinks it is.....

Thanks guys for reading through my blabber, I will post to let you guys know if I can get refunded on this. I doubt I will

As for japlite, I had actually tried using it and didnt like the interface.

I really wish that MobileCheck book showed a pending and cleared balance so I could match my bank with what has cleared.

I just think that people dont actually balance checkbooks, so they dont really know how its supposed to be!

Im also going to email SplashMoney and see what their plans are.. those people know how to balance a checkbook!

Lowrider no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID
    Just Ask
    Quote Originally Posted by summerhowell View Post
    I am using Jabplite for my 3 credit card accounts and my banking and savings accounts. I got it free from blackberrydownloads dot com.

Its been working like a dream for me. I've had it for a couple months now.
    I only see source code, where is the alx?
    -----------------------------------
    Thx a lot!
    Low
    OSU Buckeye's # 1

DonGato no está en línea Stack level 3
    You have to download it from the Web (OTA).

VZDubtk no está en línea Stack level 5
    I also would like a similar software such as splashmoney
    I Unlock All Mobile Devices, questions just ask

PIN/ID
    I just wrote to splashmoney asking if they have any plans to make it work on blackberrys, I will let you guys know when I hear from them