Is there a third party app that will point out the app that is eating ... 3rd Party BlackBerry Software forum

getsugatensho no está en línea Stack Professional

Bad Memory Leak

Advertisement

Is there a third party app that will point out the app that is eating up the memory on your device?
    BlackBerry9530/4.7.0.122 Profile/MIDP-2.0 Configuration/CLDC-1.1 VendorID/105

cb4studabaker no está en línea Stack level 3
    I don't think so I think u need to selve delete in options its usually the newest app u got tat does damage or one of the newest apps
    BlackBerry8330/4.5.0.131 Profile/MIDP-2.0 Configuration/CLDC-1.1 VendorID/104

azstar no está en línea PINStacked!
    What are some of the apps you have, we may know just by the names which one's causing issues.
    BlackBerry8330/5.0.0.230 Profile/MIDP-2.1 Configuration/CLDC-1.1 VendorID/106

Ok here's a list of all my third party apps including games:

Berry Buzz, berry weather, bible reader, app world, Bolt, calls blocker, CaptureIt, Facebook, FMYLife, ForceRadioOn, google maps(not running), GT Blackjack, MySpace, Navita Translator(new), Pandora, Poynt, Snaptu(new), softreset, StartMeUp, twitvid, übertwitter, yahoo messenger.

All apps that are new are labeled. The only apps that stay on are übertwitter and berry weather. I also just deleted Spb tv. I think that's all of them.

Thanks for the input
    Last edited by getsugatensho; 10-03-2009 at 04:17 PM.

ealvnv no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    ask me
    From the list app world, calls blocker, ubertwitter and all IM apps are a good mem eaters, and there has to be a lot of them that run in the background that eat mem too.

What is the mem free at boot up and how much you loose?
    BlackBerry9000/5.0.0.238 Profile/MIDP-2.1 Configuration/CLDC-1.1 VendorID/1

I think I had around 30meg at one point and before I had to reset I had 5. So I lost 25meg in a few hours or so. With pretty heavy use though. I'll try getting rid of calls blocker and the messenger and see how that works out. Any other ideas are welcome. Keep'em comin

Just re booted and with everything cleared (messages, event log, browser cache) I have 29.8 meg.

On a side note, has anybody noticed in your event log, if you hit your menu and choose options, scroll down that list that your device logs events from and you'll have apps on the list that may have been deleted a few months ago. For instance I have smart guard in that list but it hasn't been on my phobe in about three months or so.

azstar no está en línea PINStacked!
    How many feeds on snaptu? Feed readers can be big memory hogs too, viigo is a classic example of that, so I wouldn't be surprised if snaptu was the same.
    Twitter? My Apps List

Current SmartPhone: Motorola DROID Rooted, Running Project Elite v4

BoSoxFan82 no está en línea Stack level 4
    I have a huge memory leak as well. I only have a few apps too.
    BlackBerry9000/4.6.0.297 Profile/MIDP-2.0 Configuration/CLDC-1.1 VendorID/102

Quote Originally Posted by azstar View Post
    How many feeds on snaptu? Feed readers can be big memory hogs too, viigo is a classic example of that, so I wouldn't be surprised if snaptu was the same.
    I thought about that too. And I can most likely get rid of a lot of stuff that I have inside that app.
    Last edited by getsugatensho; 10-08-2009 at 12:43 PM.

funkym no está en línea Stack level 3

Thumbs up

I am using MemoryBooster on my Storm now. I never believed in that kind of stuff, but after I read the reviews and many people recommended it, I wanted to check it out too. The previous version was kind of basic and only allowed to manually boost the memory. Though it worked fine and I could recover about 5-9 MB per boost, it was a bit cumbersome to do that manually. The new version now is doing this in background which keeps my BB memory clean ... yeah!

Though this is not an answer to which app can show which app uses how much memory, it is my answer on how to keep memory clean

Ah, I almost forgot: MemoryBooster is no. 1 top paid app on BB App World.