Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Originally Posted by surfanimal on the curve, you can just hold the mute button for ... 3rd Party BlackBerry Software forum

lauren25 no está en línea Stack level 5

Re: AutoLock App.

Advertisement

Quote Originally Posted by surfanimal View Post
    on the curve, you can just hold the mute button for two seconds to lock the device, and then press on it to unlock it, as opposed to having an app for it.
    You can also do this on the Pearl. This app. is for people who forget to put there phone on standby or lock the keys. While forgetting the phone may make unwanted phone calls. I am one to forget to lock my keys, so this app. works great for me!
    ~Lauren

ddeblase no está en línea Stack level 1

can someone help me out I can't figure out how to get this onto my phone I am new to blackberry.

cherrichiodo no está en línea PINStacked!
    PIN/ID
    ATA

Quote Originally Posted by ddeblase View Post
    can someone help me out I can't figure out how to get this onto my phone I am new to blackberry.
    its a jad file, so you need to browse to this thread from your blackberry and click the link ... then the bb will ask if you want to download and you click the download button...

beeshabo no está en línea Stack level 6

yes...I also have Autolock, and its a cool app for those who forget to lock their keypads..prevents accidental dialing!!!

jimdab no está en línea Stack level 2

what is the benefit of autolock over just setting an easy password and having your phone lock itself after a minute or two? that's what i've been doing so far.

Sci-Tek no está en línea Stack level 4

the difference is that you don't have to enter a password.

jimdab no está en línea Stack level 2

oh ok, i see

I lost my blackberry a few weeks ago and even though I have replaced it already, I am super thankful I had a password. Even though it was dumb and easy to enter, it safeguarded the phone from anyone getting into my information. I am a firm believer now in passwords on a blackberry because of this.

If there's no sensitive info, then I agree, a lock is much simpler one button touch to unlock. Otherwise I would totally recommend a simple password. It can be something as stupid as "1212" or "wewe" or whatever and it pretty much makes it impossible to figure out due to the number of possible combinations of passwords there are and the fact that you only get 10 attempts.

Anyways, sorry for the lengthy and totally off-topic post. I'm just pretty biased because of my bb loss and the peace of mind I had from knowing I had a password.

FairGame no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    2436b02f

Quote Originally Posted by iron07 View Post
    i can not OTA i dont have a data plan. but thank you for the reply
    See attached
    Attached Files Attached Files

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12