FYI Looks like Audible has a blackberry prog now. Check it out.... 3rd Party BlackBerry Software forum

stuka no está en línea Stack level 3

Audible for Blackberry

Advertisement

FYI
    Looks like Audible has a blackberry prog now. Check it out.

Yogich no está en línea Stack level 3
    ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~
    That they do. I've been using it for a year, now. Do you know if this one you found is the promised upgrade? I've been in touch w/the software dept, and they've been promising an update since November of last year.

Schirripal no está en línea Stack Pro
    PIN/ID
    2096c6ec
    do ya have a link to check it out with by any chance
    RedCurv07

dallas1125 no está en línea Stack level 5
    PIN/ID
    2576E92F
    What is Audible?

stuart B no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    256c5822
    If you have the link I would also be interested

anfrey no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    A5KME41T
    i would guess audible.com

stuka no está en línea Stack level 3
    Quote Originally Posted by anfrey View Post
    i would guess audible.com
    Thats the one. YOu ahve to dig to fingd the blackberry download, but its there under Java devices.
    I loaded it yesterday, and it actually works. Drains memory, but I downloaded around 8 mgbts from my old library I had totally forgotten about. Never knew I purshcased so many books! Thas was over five years ago, and they are still avialable, and I was able to download to my 8130. Now to figure out what Ive read already in the distant past.
    Oh, the downloads were on 1x service!

I found the link, loaded the app, and it didn't work. Got a STRANGE java error. Now, I have nothing. I was using v1.0.5.8, and since the prob happened, the BB crashes the app loader ...on BOTH machines. I'm running OS4.2.0.64. Guess Audible did the number on me, and they seem incapable of helping.

dallas1125 no está en línea Stack level 5
    PIN/ID
    2576E92F
    Again, what is audible?

jrusch no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    31ADDE19
    Audible.com is a service that allows you to buy and play books in audio format. I used to listen to book on tape on my commute to and from work. It took a little getting used to, but I found it a good way to pass the time. I don't like books on CD because it often forgets where I was in the book and I have to FF to get to the same spot.

I checked the prices on Audible.com and they seem to expensive to me. If I buy the audio book and a retail store, I can sell it when I'm done with it. Not so with the Audible.com version.

I do like the Audible player though. I tested it with a free download and it remembered the position I was at and the controls were very easy to use.

Well... I think I may have found out what my problem was, with the Audibleair. I had installed the 8100 version --twice-- and it would bring up the hourglass, then offer a java error, as I indicated. I decided to reinstall OS 4.2.1.107, then went to the 8800 link for Audibleair ...and it worked.

I am wondering if the 8100 file somehow got corrupted, or just what happened. They're all the same version, so I thought they were all the same file. Still, I upgraded to .107 just to see if it would install, at all.

Anyhow, I was feeling very lost w/o my Audibleair on the BB. Seems that v1.0.5.8 is NLA, so it was use the new version ...or do without. NNNNNNOOOOOOOOOO!!!! :-( lol

Audible rocks!

[Addendum: OH!! One CAN share the books with others... I put them on a Zen, and send it to my father. You can also burn the books to CD ...at least some of them, you can...]
    Last edited by Yogich; 04-08-2008 at 08:47 PM.
    ...Yogich