Which is better and why? I have both actually and I am just trying to ... 3rd Party BlackBerry Software forum

M.J.H. no está en línea Stack level 2

Thumbs up Ascendo Money vs. SplashMoney for Personal Finance?

Advertisement

Which is better and why? I have both actually and I am just trying to decide which is more user friendly. So far I have to say I'm leaning towards Ascendo Money because you can transfer money between accounts and it seems a bit quicker, etc.

What do you guys think? Thanks!

ma077146 no está en línea Stack level 5
    PIN/ID
    3019F3E6
    I've used Ascendo software for quite some time now. I like their user interfaces, and how they are fairly straight forward.

From you comments, sounds like you've already picked the horse you have in this race! Don't let anyone change your mind.

rmerck no está en línea Device Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by M.J.H. View Post
    Which is better and why? I have both actually and I am just trying to decide which is more user friendly. So far I have to say I'm leaning towards Ascendo Money because you can transfer money between accounts and it seems a bit quicker, etc.

What do you guys think? Thanks!
    While Ascendo Money can transfer between accounts, so can SplashMoney. In fact, SplashMoney can save you the extra step of setting a transfer, and even doing a transfer between say a checking and savings account while you are setting up a category split (Ascendo cannot).

Also, if connecting to your bank online is an option you want, have to stick it with SplashMoney as well.
    "He that hath no sword, let him sell his garment and buy one."
    Jesus, Luke 22:36

"The deadliest weapon in the world is a Marine and his rifle."
    Gen. John Pershing, U.S. Army

M.J.H. no está en línea Stack level 2
    Quote Originally Posted by rmerck View Post
    While Ascendo Money can transfer between accounts, so can SplashMoney. In fact, SplashMoney can save you the extra step of setting a transfer, and even doing a transfer between say a checking and savings account while you are setting up a category split (Ascendo cannot).
    How do you transfer from a savings to checking then because I can't seem to do it.

Also, if connecting to your bank online is an option you want, have to stick it with SplashMoney as well.
    Yes I always use Opera Mini to connect to my banks website. Is there a faster way to do this in Splash Money or something?

dwan no está en línea Stack level 2
    Although I'm not familiar with Splash Money, I believe the Ascendo Money (v3.1.2) is a very user-friendly and intuitive software program. I've demo'd the older version in the past and did not like it but when I recently tried the new version, the desktop interface and BB interface worked just fine. Didn't even need the manual.

To transfer from one account to another, you just need to select 'transfer' from the 'account' menu at the top. For me, its a one step process even though its actually two transactions going on.

berrycool no está en línea Developer
    Quote Originally Posted by M.J.H. View Post
    How do you transfer from a savings to checking...
    To transfer money from a Savings to Checking account using Ascendo Money for BlackBerry v3.1.6;
    - Select Transfer from the Accounts screen menu.
    - Enter the Amount
    - Select Savings as the Source Account
    - Select Checking as the Destination Account.
    When you click on the OK button, Ascendo Money will create a withdrawal from the source account and a deposit in the destination account for the amount you specified.

If you have any other questions, please email me at info[AT]ascendo-inc[DOT]com

Best,
    Marc
    Ascendo Inc.
    Ascendo Money - Personal Finance Manager for BlackBerry

berrycool no está en línea Developer

Access to Online Bank Account Information

In Version 3.1.4 of the Ascendo Money Desktop, we have added support for accessing information directly from online bank accounts using OFX, an industry standard, secure protocol. To access your account, you will need the same login name and password as you use to login through a web browser.

We are looking for beta testers for this feature. If you are interested, please email me at info[AT]ascendo-inc[DOT]com.

Best,
    Marc
    Ascendo Inc.
    Ascendo Money - Personal Finance Manager for BlackBerry
    Last edited by berrycool; 07-29-2008 at 01:51 PM.

mrpringlez no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    304B6584

Thumbs up

Very nice app
    Don't Get Mad Get $Money$ Why They Call Me Mr.Pringlez You Ask ? Cuz I Stack My Chips... Ow !

stmcgill no está en línea Stack Pro
    PIN/ID
    2104EBA8
    http://blackberryforums.pinstack.com...ad.php?t=86659

Here is a review of Ascendo Money- I have to say it is EXCELLENT!
    Last edited by stmcgill; 10-13-2008 at 05:11 PM.
    Shaun McGill
    www.pda-247.com
    Blackberry, Symbian, iPhone, Windows Mobile, Android etc. etc.
    PIN: 2104EBA8