Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

I have tried the trial version of Splash Money and I will be trying Ascendo ... 3rd Party BlackBerry Software forum

floridadomer no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    317ce3cd

Question Ascendo Money VS. Splash Money?

Advertisement

I have tried the trial version of Splash Money and I will be trying Ascendo Money soon.
    I was wondering though if anybody else have tried both of these and why they decided on one over the other?
    For that matter, if you are using either one of these apps, what you like or don't like about them.
    Thanks in advance,
    Dean

jblackfish no está en línea PINStacked!
    florida,

If you don't find any user who has compared the two aps, I would also be very interested in seeing a comparison. (I haven't tried either.) Perhaps you could do one.
    For every complex problem there is a solution, that is simple, neat, .....and wrong! (H. L. Mencken) jblackfish(at)pinstack(dot)com

hawkins no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    Ask me.

Thumbs up Splash Money

I have Splash. I carried it over from my Palm. I love it. I havent't tried Ascendo though. I use the Splash desktop instead of MS Money only because I am in it daily and it was getting repitious downloading to both. I have the basic accounts, checking, credit cards and a loan and it works great.

pchukwura no está en línea Stack level 2
    I've used Splash before, and that was pretty nice. haven't checked out Ascendo yet, but i think i'll give it a try.

baseballkyle no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    ask me
    Quote Originally Posted by hawkins View Post
    I have Splash. I carried it over from my Palm. I love it. I havent't tried Ascendo though. I use the Splash desktop instead of MS Money only because I am in it daily and it was getting repitious downloading to both. I have the basic accounts, checking, credit cards and a loan and it works great.
    hello SplashMoney developer(s) by hello i mean GO AWAY.

Pinstack aliases - "hawkins", "pchukura", more are sure to come along soon i'm sure.....

Take a look at the responses by "hawkins" and "pchukura". Both accounts were created yesterday, they made a few short posts to make the accounts look legitimate, then they post similar comments supporting Splash Money. To further cover their tracks, they say they haven't tried Ascendo Money

BlackBerryForums aliases - "cryptmagic"

A while back they created a user on BlackBerryForums called "cryptmagic", which is the name of one of their competitors. Then they proceed to use the account to post a thread about "Password Keepers". Then they endorse SplashID. So when users search for info on "Cryptmagic", they find this thread...http://www.blackberryforums.com/general-blackberry-discussion/54180-password
    -keeper.html

Splash shouldn't have to resort to these kinds of dishonest tactics. They should focus their energies on fixing the bugs in their BlackBerry products!

SplashPeeps you can't ban me from this forum, as you did on the SplashData forum for having pointed out the many bugs, unbelievable slowness and many shortcomings of SplashMoney for BB.
    Last edited by baseballkyle; 07-24-2008 at 04:49 PM.

doughdaddy no está en línea Device Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by floridadomer View Post
    I have tried the trial version of Splash Money and I will be trying Ascendo Money soon.
    I was wondering though if anybody else have tried both of these and why they decided on one over the other?
    For that matter, if you are using either one of these apps, what you like or don't like about them.
    Thanks in advance,
    Dean
    I have tried both and decided on FlexWallet 2006. It is much better than both of those apps and has the PC version of the app also. I can make any change in the app on either the BB or PC and the sync next time I run DM. Great app, better icons and more custom templates than the others.
    As a note, I received Ascendo as one of the free app Friday deals on Handango and when I did a warranty exchange on my BB they decided that since my app was free, not paid for even though it was free from them, that I did not deserve a transfer. I tried Splash Money and found it to be less professional than they others and less manageable. The templates were hard to use and configure. In a three way contest of these apps it would be FlexWallet, Ascendo and Splash Money in that order.

That's my $0.02

PIN/ID
    317ce3cd
    Baseballklye,
    Wow, I didn't mean to cause such a stir!
    I am curious what you feel Splash moneys shortcomings are.
    I really wanted to have something that has pie graphs and other type of reports. All I could find on Ascendo was something that would only give me percentages
    I also really like using subcategories. Ascendo does not have this option. I can do types but it really isn't showing me what I want.
    I have never used any kind of money manager before so all this is really new to me. I just got married and bought a new house with a huge mortgage. Money will be tight so I was trying to find something that will allow me to budget and see what I am spending monthly.
    I do not own a credit card and use my debit card for most purchases. I am always holding onto receipts until I could get home, get on my PC and then log it in my checkbook x-cel spreadsheet. Therefore I wanted something I could log right away on my BB and then sync to my PC.
    I will say that I have contacted both Ascendo and Splash with questions and hands down , Ascendo was nicer and faster with their responses. I just wish they had subcategories and some kind of graphs!

Dean
    Last edited by doughdaddy; 07-24-2008 at 05:28 PM. Reason: text formatting

PIN/ID
    317ce3cd
    Quote Originally Posted by doughdaddy View Post
    I have tried both and decided on FlexWallet 2006. It is much better than both of those apps and has the PC version of the app also. I can make any change in the app on either the BB or PC and the sync next time I run DM. Great app, better icons and more custom templates than the others.
    As a note, I received Ascendo as one of the free app Friday deals on Handango and when I did a warranty exchange on my BB they decided that since my app was free, not paid for even though it was free from them, that I did not deserve a transfer. I tried Splash Money and found it to be less professional than they others and less manageable. The templates were hard to use and configure. In a three way contest of these apps it would be FlexWallet, Ascendo and Splash Money in that order.

That's my $0.02

Thanks for the $0.02!! I will also take a look at Flexwallet.

After your last post and seeing what you are looking for it may not be what you need. Take a look anyways since they are creating a new app later this year.

baseballkyle no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    ask me
    SplashMoney is ridiculously SLOW and it does NOT adhere to standard BB ui guidelines that all but the most novice of developers adheres to (been this way for years now). that is my #1 beef w/ the product. i was a beta tester, reported this to the developers, and they refused to address the issue. its slower than most apps i used 3-4 years ago on much slower click-wheel BBs. coincidentally that is what SplashMoney was designed around - click-wheel BBs (yes, the old ones from years ago). they have confirmed this directly and stated that they will not be building a different version of the app for the newer BBs (if you can still call a Curve/Pearl new lol).

their desktop app is top-flight. their Palm app is wonderful. their WinMo app is not bad. their BB effort is terrible, period. the fact that they released it sooooo slow and w/ so many basic bugs is a shame. i used to love and trust SplashData, but the treatment of the community by the developers as well as their arrogance has caused me to do a permanent 180.

Ascendo's developer has been truly helpful and willing to discuss app issues and implement updates (over personal email, as well as in the forums). Ascendo isn't perfect (yet!!), but its got way more potential and sincere effort behind it. Not sure about the FlexWallet app mentioned above - first i've heard of it. Will check on it and follow up.
    Last edited by baseballkyle; 07-24-2008 at 05:37 PM.

PIN/ID
    317ce3cd
    Quote Originally Posted by doughdaddy View Post
    After your last post and seeing what you are looking for it may not be what you need. Take a look anyways since they are creating a new app later this year.
    I just looked at it and it seems to be more like blackberry wallet. a place to store secure information. It does not seem to have any kind of checkbook capabilities.
    Thanks though and I will keep the 2 cents!

Quote Originally Posted by floridadomer View Post
    Thanks though and I will keep the 2 cents!
    That's fine, I got more where that came from.

PIN/ID
    317ce3cd
    I really like splashmoneys desktop app, although it does do the 'not responding" sometimes.

PIN/ID
    317ce3cd

Thumbs up

I wanted to tell anyone that is watching this post how great Ascendo has been about answering any questions.
    Actually, it has been their CEO who has been responding. You can't beat GREAT CUSTOMER SERVICE

Here is his response to my last couple of post:
    <<I really wanted to have something that has pie graphs and other type of reports. All I could find on Ascendo was something that would only give me percentages>>
    We provide pie graphs and bar charts on BB and will be adding them to desktop very soon.

<<I was trying to find something that will allow me to budget and see what I am spending monthly.>>
    You can set budgets and track how much you spent vs budget with Ascendo Money.

<<Therefore I wanted something I could log right away on my BB and then sync to my PC.>>
    Ascendo does that.
    Last edited by floridadomer; 07-25-2008 at 12:32 PM. Reason: spacing

PIN/ID
    317ce3cd
    Splashmoney still seems to have everything I am looking for as far as bell and whistles.
    When I logged into my PC yesterday, my Splash desktop information was empty.
    So I synced it from my BB and gathered all the information back onto the desktop app.
    Later I tried to go back in and it said No user found.
    I did unistall and reinstall my desktop manager but one would not think it would effect the data in this app.
    So far when I email their support it takes two days to get a response.

This is making me lean towards Ascendo. It really doesn't do two of the main things I want but it seems to be more stable and their Customer service is much quicker. Usually 12-24 hours response time.
    I would love to hear if anybody else has used Splash Money Desktop and have it be this unstable?
    Last edited by floridadomer; 07-29-2008 at 10:20 AM.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast