We have released version 4 of Ascendo DataVault, our Secure Passwords Manager for BlackBerry. DataVault ... 3rd Party BlackBerry Software forum

berrycool no está en línea Developer

Lightbulb Ascendo DataVault Version 4

Advertisement

We have released version 4 of Ascendo DataVault, our Secure Passwords Manager for BlackBerry. DataVault stores confidential information like logins, credit card numbers, PINs, etc. using advanced encryption.

Skip to description of V4.1 improvements.
    Skip to description of V4.2 improvements.
    Skip to description of V4.3 improvements.

We have added many new features including:
    • Implemented “Roll & Scroll” feature on BlackBerry. Scroll vertically down list of Items. Scroll horizontally across fields.
    • Added Option on BlackBerry & Desktop to select font type, style and size.
    • Added Option on BlackBerry & Desktop to select screen colors.
    • Implemented Option on BlackBerry to select how many fields to display in List View.
    • Enhanced Tree View by adding “Expand/Collapse All” menu selection, and option to remember "Last" tree formation when exiting application., shortcuts, etc.
    • Added Duplicate Item feature to BlackBerry & Desktop for quicker data entry.
    • Implemented Export to DataVault Exchange (*.dvx) file on Desktop to create encrypted, password protected files for sharing with colleagues, spouses, etc.
    • Implemented display mode on Desktop in addition to edit mode.
    • Added Hide/Show details button to close right hand panel and maximize screen space to display fields in List View.
    • Improved button placement for Save Item, Save Template, Cancel, etc.

We have improved many features from the previous version including:
    • Tree View & List View on BlackBerry and desktop.
    • AES encryption for storing, exporting and backing-up data.
    • Synchronization between Ascendo DataVault for BlackBerry and Ascendo DataVault Desktop including conflict resolution.
    • Numerous security options like timeouts, password generator, password hint, etc.
    • Data Importing with field mapping from text files (*.csv, .txt), DataVault Exchange files (*.dvx), Cryptmagic, Minisafe, Splash ID, EWallet.
    • Unlimited Categories, Types, Templates.

Click here for a complete product description or to download DataVault with free trial period.

Marc
    Ascendo Inc.
    Ascendo DataVault - Password Manager for BlackBerry

Last edited by berrycool; 11-09-2007 at 10:50 AM.

PDUB204 no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID

Re: Ascendo DataVault Version 4

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~How are we able to update if we already purchased datavault. The screenshot looks different than what shows on mine. I won my copy from blackberrycool.com about 6 months ago is it updatable

Quote Originally Posted by PDUB204
    How are we able to update if we already purchased datavault. The screenshot looks different than what shows on mine. I won my copy from blackberrycool.com about 6 months ago is it updatable
    For information on upgrades, please contact the distributor that you bought Ascendo DataVault from. A list of distributors can be found on our FAQ page: Ascendo DataVault Frequently Asked Questions

If you have any trouble, please send an email to info@ascendo-inc.com

Marc
    Ascendo Inc.
    Last edited by berrycool; 11-09-2007 at 10:48 AM.

cyberspastic no está en línea Stack level 5

can you import data from other password programs if it is saved as a text file? does the program also install on a pc? I use password corral on my pc and would love to switch over so I'd have my pw info on my bb too.

Quote Originally Posted by cyberspastic
    can you import data from other password programs if it is saved as a text file? does the program also install on a pc? I use password corral on my pc and would love to switch over so I'd have my pw info on my bb too.
    You can import data from 3rd party products like Cryptmagic, MiniSafe, EWallet, SplashID, etc. We provide default import settings and the ability to map fields in case a vendor has recently changed their data format. In addition, we support importing from comma separated value (*.csv) files and text delimited (*.txt) files so you can import from productivity apps like Excel, Word, etc.

Yes, Ascendo DataVault includes the Ascendo DataVault Desktop for Windows PCs.

To switch from Password Corral, export file to CSV or text delimited format, then import into DataVault Desktop and using field mapping to order the fields correctly.

If you have any problems, please write to wallet_support@ascendo-inc.com

Marc
    Ascendo Inc.
    Last edited by berrycool; 11-09-2007 at 10:49 AM.

Version 4.1 Improvements

Here is a list of things that we added or improved in Version 4.1 of DataVault.

• Improved navigation on BlackBerry so that clicking on an item opens the details screen. The menu is still available by clicking on the BlackBerry key.
    • Added Option on BlackBerry to hide header in List View.
    • Added Option on BlackBerry to hide Category & Type filters in List view.
    • Improved Option on BlackBerry to display skins so that user can choose to show Top, Bottom, Both or None.
    • Added Option on BlackBerry to anchor Item name when scrolling horizontally in List view.
    • Implemented Auto-Display to Tree View on BlackBerry so that when search list of items reduces to 1, the details screen is automatically displayed.
    • Added shortcuts on Desktop; Ctrl-L (switch to List View), Ctrl-T (switch to Tree View), Ctrl-E (Edit), Ctrl-Shift-E (Expand Tree), Ctrl-Shift-C (Collapse Tree), Alt-V H (Hide details panel).
    • Added shortcuts on BlackBerry item details screen, N = next item, P = previous item, E = switch to edit mode.
    • Implemented "Save, Discard, Cancel" dialog box to BlackBerry item Edit screen.
    • Implemented Logout button to Desktop.
    • Added Option on BlackBerry to choose between folder icons and "+/-" in Tree View.
    • Implemented Import BlackBerry Memo feature.
    • Fixed several bugs; initiate call from field with telephone number, tree view error message when clicking Escape in search field, etc.

Click here for a complete product description or to download DataVault with free trial period.

Marc
    Ascendo Inc.

Last edited by berrycool; 11-09-2007 at 10:51 AM.

Ascendo DataVault Version 4.2 Improvements

Here is a list of things that we added or improved in Version 4.2 of DataVault.

• Implemented export to DataVault Exchange Format (*.dvx) to create files of items in encrypted, password protected format for sharing with colleagues, family, friends, etc.
    • Added support for Firefox when using auto-fill for web forms and auto-add to create DataVault items from web forms.
    • Implemented DataVault Toolbars in Firefox & Internet Explorer to auto-fill forms, save to DataVault items and generate passwords.
    • Added ability to create desktop shortcuts that start Internet Explorer or Firefox, go to web sites, and automatically login.
    • Implemented Encrypt/Decrypt email on BlackBerry using DataVault. See new menu options when Composing Email with standard BlackBerry email client.
    • Enhanced desktop List View to display all 10 fields and Notes when using Hide Details option (see below).
    • Improved Tree navigation with one-click expand/collapse for Categories & Types, and one-click view details for Items.
    • Added Copy-to-Clipboard on BlackBerry for field values in View Item screen. Can be called from screen menu or invoked using c-key shortcut.
    • Eliminated mandatory category/type selection when adding Item in DataVault Desktop. Stores items in Unfiled folder by default.
    • Added ability to clear search field on BlackBerry with Escape key.
    • Added color selection for desktop, List View, highlighted row (see below).
    • Adding Item while detail panel is hidden switches to Edit mode instead of View mode. Clicking on Cancel removes Item.
    • Enhanced several desktop UI elements including View mode field spacing, details panel background color, bottom row button ordering (see below).
    • Added Logout button to Desktop.
    • Added data import from CodeWallet Pro, Flex Wallet & Handy Safe in addition to import from CSV, TXT, Cryptmagic, SplashID & Minisafe.
    • Improved importing from Illium eWallet.
    • Fixed several bugs including desktop window resize, desktop add/delete category, desktop restore Cancel, IE7 script errors.
    • Added extended trial sessions when trial period is over.

Marc
    Ascendo Inc.

Last edited by berrycool; 11-09-2007 at 10:52 AM.

Here is a list of things that we added or improved in Version 4.3 of DataVault.

• Implemented web form auto-fill on BlackBerry in addition to Desktop. Automatically open BlackBerry Browser and fill form fields like username, password, etc. for items stored in DataVault.
    • Implemented secure send/receive using Blue Tooth. Now you can "beam" items to colleagues & family members in an encrypted, password protected format.
    • Improved Desktop Browser Integration. Added support for additional form types when using auto-fill and auto-login with Firefox and Internet Explorer. See below.
    • Improved "Save Forms" option in DataVault Desktop toolbar for Firefox and Internet Explorer.
    • Added auto-fill and auto-login support for multiple items from a single domain. For example, logging into several Gmail accounts from within DataVault.
    • Added icons and slider bars to "Web Items" options in DataVault toolbar for Firefox and Internet Explorer.
    • Improved item selection on Desktop to include Current Item, Selected Items and All Items when creating DataVault Exchange files for sharing items.
    • Implemented send/receive items by email in DataVault Exchange format on BlackBerry.
    • Improved user guide significantly and added an online version in addition to PDF version.
    • Added Desktop Logout so user can hide DataVault application window and return to master password prompt.
    • Added "Save Template" option to BlackBerry in addition to Desktop.
    • Implement "Mask/Unmask All" feature on Desktop.
    • Added Desktop option to Show/Not Show background image in List/Tree View.
    • Improved Password Generator options on Desktop to include; Letters and/or Numbers, Uppercase and/or Lowercase & Spaces in addition to Length and Punctuation Marks.
    • Implemented master password hint on BlackBerry.
    • Added option to move items to un-filed folder when deleting a Category or Type on Desktop.
    • Enhanced Tree View on BlackBerry to display all relevant Categories and Types when searching.
    • Added cut & paste support for notes field on Desktop.
    • Improved notes field scrolling on Desktop.
    • Added option to set master password to mask or unmask by default.
    • Added screen keyboard option for master password window to fool key loggers.
    • Improved usability of Windows desktop shortcuts created with DataVault to automatically log in to web sites.
    • Added ability to send item in an unencrypted email in addition to encrypted, password protected email.
    • Enhanced usability of DataVault Desktop; improved window resizing, more menu choices, better prompt explanations, improvements to item details display, drag & drop scrolling, tree navigation, etc.
    • Enhanced usability of DataVault for BlackBerry; better tree navigation, improved menu labels, etc.
    • Improved layout of Desktop Options window.
    • Simplified desktop registration process; same key for BlackBerry and Desktop, Register Later button.
    • Improved data import from CodeWallet, Illium eWallet, SplashID for Mac & Chapura Turbo Passwords.
    • Added data import from Roboform.
    • Improved Application Icon.

Best,
    Marc
    Ascendo Inc.

cj5150 no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    pm me

This software package is AWESOME! The fact that you actually install the interface on your PC, update everything from there, then download all the info to your phone is alone worth the price. It's totally customizable, allowing the user to create new fields, edit templates, choose icons for catagoies and groups, etc.

All BB software should be this good. It looks to me like Ascendo got this right... having my vital info at my fingertips, and secured, has been critical... great stuff!

Quote Originally Posted by cyberspastic View Post
    can you import data from other password programs if it is saved as a text file? does the program also install on a pc?...
    Hi cyberspastic,

We extended support for importing from 3rd party applications into the DataVault Desktop for Windows/Vista, see below for current list.

- Cryptmagic
    - Minisafe
    - SplashID
    - FlexWallet
    - CodeWallet
    - eWallet by Illium
    - HandySafe
    - RoboForm (NEW)
    - Turbo Passwords (NEW)
    - Internet Explorer (NEW)
    - Firefox (NEW)
    - Spb Wallet (NEW)

You can import from other applications that provide the ability to export to text files by using the DataVault field mapping feature described in our online user guide.
    http://www.ascendo-inc.com/UserGuide...UGC7.html#S7_5

Marc
    Ascendo Inc.
    Last edited by berrycool; 11-29-2007 at 11:33 AM.

Version 4.4 Improvements for Ascendo DataVault Password Manager

See below for a list of things that we added or improved in Version 4.4 of Ascendo DataVault.

• Optimized user interface for BlackBerry Bold 9000 (see below).
    • Added support for Firefox Version 3 to DataVault Desktop browser toolbar.
    • Improved Desktop buttons with 3D effect & reflection.
    • Added top row buttons for Mask/Unmask All, and Logout to Desktop.
    • Added icons to bottom row Desktop buttons for Duplicate, Hide Details, etc. Choose between small (20x20 pixel) and big(32x32 pixel) buttons.
    • Improved large Desktop item icons (100), with high-resolution, 3D, glossy icons.
    • Implemented icon selection matrix in Desktop with arrow key navigation and zoom on mouse over.
    • Improved BlackBerry and Desktop small item icons.
    • Implemented color selection for alternating list rows and detail panel background on Desktop.
    • Implemented optional password to unmask fields on Desktop.
    • Implemented security time-out on Desktop in addition to BlackBerry.
    • Added option to wipe all data and reset trial period when uninstalling Desktop.
    • Improved Password Generator options on BlackBerry to include; Letters and/or Numbers, Uppercase and/or Lowercase & Spaces in addition to Length and Punctuation Marks.
    • Added Mask/Unmask to master password selection window on BlackBerry.
    • Implemented "page down" in List View when user clicks on BlackBerry space bar.
    • Added "Check All" box for Desktop "Extended Search" field selector.
    • Simplified editing links in Desktop.
    • Added "Open with IE" & "Open with Firefox" to context menu when right-clicking on link in item detail view.
    • Implemented drop-down list from Desktop Add button to create Categories & Types.
    • Improved Logout so user can minimize DataVault to Windows system tray. When minimized, DataVault skips master password confirmation when logging into web sites.
    • Improved Drag & Drop on Desktop to allow for selection of multiple Items.
    • Added "Change Parent" to context menu for Items in Desktop Tree View.
    • Implemented "Copy Without Spaces" option to field context menu on BlackBerry & Desktop.
    • Implemented Save/Discard/Cancel dialog box to BlackBerry Options form.
    • Added import for passwords stored in Firefox & Internet Explorer.
    • Added import from Spb Wallet & Passwords Plus.
    • Implemented option to mask/unmask master password by default on Desktop.
    • Enhanced word wrap for Notes when Desktop Window is resized.
    • Added ability to move down from search field using arrow key on Desktop.
    • Added "Confirm Deletions" option for synchronization.
    • Fixed folder collapse issue when user drags & drops item to different folder.
    • Improved registration and master password selection dialogue on Desktop.
    • Enhanced DataVault for BlackBerry to include improved screen menus, additional help alerts and better start-up defaults.
    • Improved DataVault Desktop to include better menu organization and additional help alerts.
    • Corrected several bugs; importing Item from BlackBerry email, IE6 browser integration, desktop Change Font, Desktop Options radio buttons, import from Roboform.

Best,
    Marc
    Ascendo Inc.
    Ascendo DataVault Home Page

Lindabrumt no está en línea Stack level 1
    I am using DataVault and love it! But can I login to my passworded sites thru my Pearl? I thought I read where it can be done. I hope so.

skelzer no está en línea Stack level 3
    Currently this version runs in compatibility mode on the Storm, which makes it close to impossible to navigate.

It was definitely one of the most useful apps on previous blackberries, hopefully it'll be updated for the Storm..?

EDIT:
    Everything is fixed in updated v4.4.8, see below.
    Last edited by skelzer; 12-10-2008 at 09:45 PM.

skelzer no está en línea Stack level 3
    FYI - DataVault v4.4.8 for the Storm just popped up on their server.

OTA Download:

http://www.ascendo-inc.com/OTA/BBOS4_7/DataVault.jad

I've tested this and can confirm that all previous issues have been resolved.
    - Horizonal mode fixed (amazing to see everything in widescreen!)
    - Tree mode item selection fixed
    - Hint button fixed

Really impressed with how quick Ascendo worked to get this polished up for the Storm, many thanks Marc!