I've been looking at the various password programs and am ready to make a purchase. ... 3rd Party BlackBerry Software forum

chilito no está en línea Stack level 2

Ascendo Datavault - 1/2 off pricing

Advertisement

I've been looking at the various password programs and am ready to make a purchase. On Ascendo's website they say they have a special offer:

Comparison Shopper? Click here to download our Feature Comparison Matrix. Fill it out for one competing product and purchase Ascendo DataVault at 50% off (Limited Time Offer) Contact Us

I've downloaded the matrix and contacted them, but haven't heard anything back. Any idea how long they usually take to respond?

Thanks!
    Bill
    Verizon 8130

PIN/ID
    LESS
    They have some quick response times, but it is the weekend so go figure

CybaCowboy no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    21445DCA
    You should have a look at the Open Source KeePass - it's free, available for pretty much every operating system you can name, and easily the most secure password management solution available!

From a previous post of mine:

"KeePass by the Open Source Community
    http://keepassbb.sourceforge.net/ota/keepassbb.jad

Offering security that rivals that of high-end Governements, KeePass is the ultimate password-management tool, allowing you to store your passwords safetly and securely...

Also available for computers/other mobile devices at:
    http://www.keepass.info"

~ Posted wirelessly from my BlackBerry 8800 (http://wap.pinstack.com) ~

Quote Originally Posted by RSCStacker View Post
    They have some quick response times, but it is the weekend so go figure

Yeah, well I didn't contact them over the weekend.... go figure.

[quote=CybaCowboy;713350]You should have a look at the Open Source KeePass - it's free, available for pretty much every operating system you can name, and easily the most secure password management solution available!

Will do, thanks. I'm always a big fan of Open Source.

Bill

CybaCowboy no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    21445DCA
    I don't own a (working) computer at the moment, but as I understand it, KeePass for BlackBerry OS can be synchronized with its equivalent on a computer...

Pretty convenient if you use KeePass on multiple devices/operating systems.

~ Posted wirelessly from my BlackBerry 8800 (http://wap.pinstack.com) ~

Looks like KeePass wins by default.... It's been a week and there's been no response from Ascendo after multiple emails to info@ascendo-inc.com and wallet_support@ascendo-inc.com . Obviously they either don't care or are unable to respond in a timely manner.

Update:

Ascendo did get in touch with me, apologizing for the delay. I have since purchased the DataVault software and am very happy with it.

KeePass is okay for the price, but I like the interface of Ascendo's product much better. One example, I needed to input a credit card to a web purchase yesterday and have the number stored in KeePass with spaces between groups of numbers. The website didn't allow for the spaces and I had to finagle my way to get the number in. DataVault lets you display it with the spaces, but copy and paste it without. A simple example, but one that shows how much the developers paid attention to real-world usabilty.

--Bill
    Pearl 8130