I have the Nextel 7100i bb and when i download the Corrector application I get ... 3rd Party BlackBerry Software forum

canadian2910 no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    24058c07

Smile Arrrrrrgggggg bbCorrector ....

Advertisement

I have the Nextel 7100i bb and when i download the Corrector application I get the following message... (actually every time I reboot the unit, this now appears)

Uncaught exception:
    java.lang.Error

It seems to be blocking my ability to use any Spell Check program ... I've tried bbSpell as well and this error seems to block ONLY these applications.

I've tried wiping them off and reloading them (using either the OTA method, or the Desktop Manager method......

Any input as to how to resolve this issue and get the bbCorrector working properly would be greatly appreciated

hayden no está en línea Stack Mod
    PIN/ID
    ask

Re: Arrrrrrgggggg bbCorrector ....

If you are on a 4.1 OS that wasn't upgraded with your CARRIER's 4.1. It may not work. I had the same prob when I use the Hong Kong carrier 4.1 os and BBcorrector. But when I changed to my carrier's 4.1 when it was released it started to work.

Not sure if it's the same for u.

canadian2910 no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    24058c07

How would I go about finding my carriers upgrade??

Thanks in advance

Steve G
    Steve G
    loving the 8300 Curve and Vaja Olive leather case .............

EricaJ1073 no está en línea PINStacked!

Only thing I can suggest is to totally wipe the device (backup your data first) and reload everything except the offending BBSpell and Corrector. I don't know any other spell checking programs for BlackBerry devices. That uncaught exception error has been an ongoing problem since OS 4.1 came out.

Here it is http://www.pinstack.com/blackberryfo...read.php?t=929

Here's a thread specifically about Uncaught Exception Errors http://blackberryforums.pinstack.com...ead.php?t=1644

Quote Originally Posted by hydn
    If you are on a 4.1 OS that wasn't upgraded with your CARRIER's 4.1. It may not work. I had the same prob when I use the Hong Kong carrier 4.1 os and BBcorrector. But when I changed to my carrier's 4.1 when it was released it started to work.

Not sure if it's the same for u.
    Hydn, I'm beginning to notice a pattern. Alot of the offending phones throwing these errors are Nextel 7100i's. I had to deal with this for a friend last week via AIM and I couldn't help. What's up with that?

taeisme no está en línea Stack level 4

Not necesasrily true. I got the same error two days ago on my 8700....

I just realized that after I said it LOL I had it once with my 7105t but it was my fault. I just edited that last post.

pentace no está en línea Stack level 3

Well Uncaught Exception Errors are errors due to some kind of memory leakage within a program or a corrupted file.. it happens alot witht headdress book on handhelds because there is something the BB does nto like.. you can usually find the error threw the error log.. it happens occasionly with the IM clients.. best thing i could suggest is jsut totally uninstall it and retry.
    Welcome to my World!