Finally found a good Blackberry forum website.. Well this is a small problem i'm having, ... 3rd Party BlackBerry Software forum

dre512 no está en línea Stack level 1

Application Lock

Advertisement

Finally found a good Blackberry forum website..

Well this is a small problem i'm having, i got my BlackBerry Pearl 5days ago from cingular(Usa). I use it as i would a normal cell phone and not for business use...

Now just wondering is there a way to lock applications seperatly by themselves, eg, i want to put a pass code to lock the message application etc (don't want when ppl borrow my phone they have easy access to my text messages..)

I would just like to know if it could be done by the settings in the phone or by an application download or firmware update...

Application Lock

Anyone know of any application that will allow me to lock any application (only can access it through a pass code) on the Blackberry 8100.

frkhuda no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    ask

Re: Application Lock

Hey dre512! Don't believe so.i don't think there's anything like that for any bb's.i know they have them on lots of motorola phones but i haven't seen such an app on any other device!

Hope this helps!

EvolutionCSR no está en línea Stack level 5

I have not seen any app that will do what you are asking most you can do is lock the entire device.

The "Password Keeper" has this functionality so im sure someone could make one.

Quote Originally Posted by frkhuda
    Hey dre512! Don't believe so.i don't think there's anything like that for any bb's.i know they have them on lots of motorola phones but i haven't seen such an app on any other device!

Hope this helps!

OK thanks, but i'm thinking since Motorola and RIM both use Java (J2ME) maybe the apps that do it for motorola will for the 8100...

I know this is a Bb forum but u think u could point me to a few webssite that offers these type of apps for Motorola type phone, i'll do some experiment and post bck my findings on what work and what doesn't.. Thx much

peterbabiy no está en línea Stack level 5
    PIN/ID
    23DE41AA

Well u could put a password on your phone, which means everytime u turn it on ud have to type in your password, but other than that I dont think u can do it.

ljbyar no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID
    Ask Me

Quote Originally Posted by dre512
    OK thanks, but i'm thinking since Motorola and RIM both use Java (J2ME) maybe the apps that do it for motorola will for the 8100...

I know this is a Bb forum but u think u could point me to a few webssite that offers these type of apps for Motorola type phone, i'll do some experiment and post bck my findings on what work and what doesn't.. Thx much
    Welcome to the Stacks dre512. You could try www.handango.com to see if they have something you could try out.

Rcbjr no está en línea Stack Pro
    PIN/ID
    PM - Ask

dre512, Welcome to PinStack.

Let us know if there is anything else we can do to help with this problem or your BB.

Rcbjr
    You Ask, We Will Answer
    Can’t Install theme via DM?No Additional Apps Found for Your Device
    Links to Usefull KB Articles

alextabet no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    24AA6EFE

well i dont know about the pearl... but on the 7290 and the 8700g if you go to options>Security Options>General Settings> Enable Password...

Quote Originally Posted by alextabet
    well i dont know about the pearl... but on the 7290 and the 8700g if you go to options>Security Options>General Settings> Enable Password...
    Yea that works in locking the entire phone but you can't lock a specific application...

But thx all i think i'll just lock the phone and call it at that..

PIN/ID
    24AA6EFE

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~ ya sorry I forgot to mention that!
    But locking the whole thing is better than nothing, especially when you have really noisy and curious friends like me hahah

PIN/ID
    24AA6EFE

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~like mine I meant, not me, heck no lol

THX all for the help..

frkhuda no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    ask

Here's what i do! If someone wants to borrow my bb 2 make a call i ask them 4 the number once it says calling...i quickly press the escape button and go 2 the home screen where i have the lock icon on the first row i click on the icon which locks the entire phone but since its in middle of a call it jumps to the phone and doesn't allow u to do anything other than end the call or unlock the phone! I find this to be an only option and very useful!