I should probably know this, but I don't. Is there a way to get an ... 3rd Party BlackBerry Software forum

nickjoedotcom no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    30C1D19D

App. Question

Advertisement

I should probably know this, but I don't. Is there a way to get an application or theme or game off of a similar device if it was downloaded OTA?

What I'm trying to do is get Sudoku off of my 8830 since I have now switched to the Curve. The problem is of course RIM isn't offering this game for my specific device. I thought maybe because the screens have the same dimensions it shouldn't make a difference. That is if I can even do what I just asked.

bsjmcconnell no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    4029C610
    If you use the search forum tool and look for "backup 3rd party apps" there is a thread that gives you a great tutorial on how to pull apps that where OTA off the phone and save, or in this case reload onto a different device.

Worth a shot!

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

nickjoedotcom no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    30C1D19D
    Thanks!! I definitely would like to keep that one going. Working on my overall rank. I can't lose that!

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

joek71 no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    319CCF42
    ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~use desktop manager, there is icon there for bb swapping, use that. I used that to get stuff from my 8703e to my 8330"curve" worked without any problems.any problems let me know, you can pin me or email me.

ma077146 no está en línea Stack level 5
    PIN/ID
    3019F3E6
    Stand by for a shameless self-promotion announcement:

If you use a fair number of 3rd party apps you need registration codes for, it might be worth a lookie at EZ Reregister. Created especially to make it easy to get new registration codes for 3rd party apps when you change devices.

And now, back to our regular forum postings..............................