Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

How do I delete modules individually?... 3rd Party BlackBerry Software forum

bottomsup no está en línea Stack level 1

Advertisement

How do I delete modules individually?

Toddboy71 no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID
    T o' Bee

Re: Anything left behind when you delete programs?

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~
    Options then advanced options then applications. Press the menu key, and goto modules. Then deleted what you need to. But make sure you know what you are deleting before you do!

Adwiv no está en línea Stack level 2

Actually both RIM and the developers are responsible partially for the mess.

On 4.0 OS, it doesn't matter how good the developer is. A lot of data (in record stores) is not erased by BB when uninstalling the applications. This is a known issue. But since many of us are on newer OS, it doesn't matter much.

Also, on 4.1 and 4.2, there are bugs in the application deletion code - modules are not deleted properly, especially if they are related to applications that autostart at boot time. In some cases, the even those module are shown as undeletable. In such cases, third party solutions are the only way out.

There are reasons why programs need to leave a trace - especially the shareware programs will need to know if you installed the product before.

rkkeller no está en línea Stack level 3

I had one program leave behind 4-5 modules that I didnt know about until later.

When you connect to your Desktop Manager and do an update or add something, it wipes everything that is not associated with a specific program.

Thats how I found out the program left stuff behind.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12